Normal nicotine vs TFN

Status
Not open for further replies.

yppan

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2011
I've been hearing a lot about this TFN lately and it got me thinking. If they claim that their nicotine is so clean and free from toxins; what is in this other stuff? I had always assume all nicotine in ejuice was "tobacco free"

Is there anyone with extensive knowledge on where the nicotine comes from in most "normal" ejuices (i.e. everything thats not TFN) They claim theirs is so superior. I wouldn't know because I haven't tried it before. Whats the difference? Anyone know?

Is it possible the "regular" nicotine is our ejuice is radioactive? Carcinogenic perhaps? I never realized it was just a crude plant extract, but that is what they say it is on TFN website.

Would it be extracted from cigarette tobacco? Or something like american spirit roll-your-own type?

This brought up so many questions

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I've been hearing a lot about this TFN lately and it got me thinking. If they claim that their nicotine is so clean and free from toxins; what is in this other stuff? I had always assume all nicotine in ejuice was "tobacco free"

Is there anyone with extensive knowledge on where the nicotine comes from in most "normal" ejuices (i.e. everything thats not TFN) They claim theirs is so superior. I wouldn't know because I haven't tried it before. Whats the difference? Anyone know?

Is it possible the "regular" nicotine is our ejuice is radioactive? Carcinogenic perhaps? I never realized it was just a crude plant extract, but that is what they say it is on TFN website.

Would it be extracted from cigarette tobacco? Or something like american spirit roll-your-own type?

This brought up so many questions

I doubt its just crude plant extract.... I dont know exactly how its derived but when you get fish oil tabs you dont get chunks of fish in it When you get vitamin C you dont get orange chunks in it.

They do some sort of extraction of the chemical compound. Most nicotine is derived from tobacco leaves but nicotine is found in many other plant and vegitables; such as eggplant and tomatoes.

Im sure what they are trying to do is hype it up. People these days equate tobacco with the devil, some sort of evil liquid devils poo. Its just a chemical. Its a natural stimulant like that in coffee, tea and chocolate.

They are trying to "trick" people into seeing it as something different but nicotine is nicotine no matter WHAT it is derived from. Since most people get nic from tobacco leaves its considered EVIL. They figure if its from "something else" its good and not evil.

Marketing ploy.... Purity is another thing. I get mine from Nude Nic. Its good. Thats all I care about.

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Yes it is from tobacco and yes it contains more than just nicotine. It is also very pure these days. However, synthetic nicotine has been considered safe for decades (and used widely in medical research). As mentioned it also does not contain any other alkaloids but nicotine itself. Many of the other alkaloids which have been found in 'conventional tobacco nicotine extracts' have been shown to be of concern in rat studies. However, we do not know at this stage if they are cause for concern in humans, it is 1 of the what if's of vaping. I use synthetic nicotine from Hiliq it's called NTN and is 99.9% pure and USP certified, there are a few threads on ECF if you search for it. In my opinion it is vastly superior to the nicotine I was using from Nude Nicotine. It costs a lot more but I can't go back now, it is so clean and may also have beneficial effects for health. (see below). TFN only supply wholesale that I'm aware of and they have some questionable sales and information claim techniques.

Application of nicotine enantiomers, derivatives and analogues in therapy of neurodegenerative disorders
Evidence for endogenous formation of tobacco-specific nitrosamines in rats treated with tobacco alkaloids and sodium nitrite. - PubMed - NCBI
Patent US20030082109 - Dextrorotary nicotine for smoking cessation
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...41010104000911

Last edited:
Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Superman_vs_Nick_O_Teen_zpsres7z668.jpg

Last edited:

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
TFN - Toxine free nictoine ...
nicotine is a toxin itself.

Might as well wipe an artillery round with alcohol, so that the poor buggers in the impact area won't catch a cold.

Sheesh....

Easy :

As long as your nicbase is made with all ingredients ( nic, PG, VG) per USP , UKP , PhEur or equivalent standards you got the same purity that goes into patches, gums, what have you..

Rest is just marketing hype.

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
TFN - Toxine free nictoine ...
nicotine is a toxin itself.

Might as well wipe an artillery round with alcohol, so that the poor buggers in the impact area won't catch a cold.

Sheesh....

Easy :

As long as your nicbase is made with all ingredients ( nic, PG, VG) per USP , UKP , PhEur or equivalent standards you got the same purity that goes into patches, gums, what have you..

Rest is just marketing hype.

I agree, still doesn't mean its not a better product. Everything is a toxin. If some are looking for the best quality, cleanest tasting nicotine, which many are, it would be a shame not to include trying synthetic nicotine. It does cost more to manufacture though and I won't support TFN. But it is available elsewhere as I mentioned. But $$$ rule of course...

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
I've been hearing a lot about this TFN lately and it got me thinking. If they claim that their nicotine is so clean and free from toxins; what is in this other stuff? I had always assume all nicotine in ejuice was "tobacco free".....

In order to obtain a "USP" rating liquid nic must be squeaky clean and pure, it just doesn't get any better than USP grade no matter what a small manufacturer's marketing staff might claim. Don't fall for dishonest, misleading marketing hype pumped out by companies trying to sell vastly overpriced products.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
I agree, still doesn't mean its not a better product. Everything is a toxin. If some are looking for the best quality, cleanest tasting nicotine, which many are, it would be a shame not to include trying synthetic nicotine. It does cost more to manufacture though and I won't support TFN. But it is available elsewhere as I mentioned. But $$$ rule of course...

They can call it all they want - add a hole alphabet soup of acronyms too - if it doesn't say USP ( or equivalent ) anywhere on the label it won't make it into my stash.

Vendors I'm buying from have their batch test certificates online or even include a hardcopy in their shipment.

Any vendor getting kind of vague when asked about that is off my list cuz like any other market, vaping does have its share of shady operators too. Part of ecf's function is to enable us to swap notes so that we can separate the wheat from the chaff

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
They can call it all they want - add a hole alphabet soup of acronyms too - if it doesn't say USP ( or equivalent ) anywhere on the label it won't make it into my stash.

Vendors I'm buying from have their batch test certificates online or even include a hardcopy in their shipment.

Any vendor getting kind of vague when asked about that is off my list cuz like any other market, vaping does have its share of shady operators too. Part of ecf's function is to enable us to swap notes so that we can separate the wheat from the chaff

It is USP certified the stuff I'm talking about, different company Synthetic Nicotine - NTN (Non-tobacco Nicotine) - Wholesale E Cigarette Liquid , Buy liquid nicotine online, Buy E liquid nicotine wholesale

Last edited:

Stephen1520

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2015
Texas
Yes it is from tobacco and yes it contains more than just nicotine. It is also very pure these days. However, synthetic nicotine has been considered safe for decades (and used widely in medical research). As mentioned it also does not contain any other alkaloids but nicotine itself. Many of the other alkaloids which have been found in 'conventional tobacco nicotine extracts' have been shown to be of concern in rat studies. However, we do not know at this stage if they are cause for concern in humans, it is 1 of the what if's of vaping. I use synthetic nicotine from Hiliq it's called NTN and is 99.9% pure and USP certified, there are a few threads on ECF if you search for it. In my opinion it is vastly superior to the nicotine I was using from Nude Nicotine. It costs a lot more but I can't go back now, it is so clean and may also have beneficial effects for health. (see below). TFN only supply wholesale that I'm aware of and they have some questionable sales and information claim techniques.

Application of nicotine enantiomers, derivatives and analogues in therapy of neurodegenerative disorders
Evidence for endogenous formation of tobacco-specific nitrosamines in rats treated with tobacco alkaloids and sodium nitrite. - PubMed - NCBI
Patent US20030082109 - Dextrorotary nicotine for smoking cessation
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...41010104000911
Where does this HiLiq NTN ship from?

mgseed

Dec 18, 2009
CO
Wow found a place that sells different salts of nicotine. Which begs the question.. What is "normal" nicotine? The nic I get is (-)-nicotine and it is not listed as a salt...so I assume its freebase nicotine. I wonder what racemic nicotine is like, I wonder what (+)-nicotine is like! Really curious about the nicotine salts from nude nic is about. Id have thought nicotine salts to have high boiling points, and would tend to burn. I may have to get some samples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread