Status
Not open for further replies.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
well so far, what are you enjoying more? TH with mtl draw, or more direct lung? I mean, if you were desert island just from what you have experienced so far, what would you choose? Have you tried sub ohm DL at all at this stage?

I definitely like TH with MTL draw. Honestly, if I could only have 1 device it'd still be the ego aio. I have a soft spot for it as that's what got me off cigs.
I've done very little sub ohm vaping, just on the rare occasion I drip or play with my kayfun 5 (which isn't often as I have trouble with the juice flow on that one)

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
yeah the aio is a good little device, i wish it was a bit better with coil break in gurgling though, but once it's passed it's smooth sailing. The 0.6 coil? That's a good coil with strong TH.. I guess it's definitely worth for you to try a really low huge airflow sub ohm.. Please make sure you only use maximum 6mg or preferably 3 Chels. I learned that the hard way with big airflow tanks. Let us know what you think.. Some of us try all manner of the big cloud chasing tanks and come back to MTL, some never want to MTL again. Who knows what'll happen, but you gotta try! hehe.

Reactions: ChelsB

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
yeah the aio is a good little device, i wish it was a bit better with coil break in gurgling though, but once it's passed it's smooth sailing. The 0.6 coil? That's a good coil with strong TH.. I guess it's definitely worth for you to try a really low huge airflow sub ohm.. Please make sure you only use maximum 6mg or preferably 3 Chels. I learned that the hard way with big airflow tanks. Let us know what you think.. Some of us try all manner of the big cloud chasing tanks and come back to MTL, some never want to MTL again. Who knows what'll happen, but you gotta try! hehe.

I've just started making lower nic juice for that purpose as I currently just switched from 18 mg to 12 mg. There's lots I don't know but I do know that I must use lower nic when sub ohming![emoji4]

Reactions: Vesh

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I've just started making lower nic juice for that purpose as I currently just switched from 18 mg to 12 mg. There's lots I don't know but I do know that I must use lower nic when sub ohming![emoji4]
I'd try and drop to 6mg if u can for sub ohm vaping

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: ChelsB

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
12 in an aio won't give much TH.. i put 24 in mine *blush*.
Well I can help a little here.. Say you were on 18mg nic in your AIO, and went to 3mg in the 0.25 notch coil. You actually would NOT notice a loss of nicotine intake.. you don't need to wean in this situation.

The only time you would need to wean or prefer to do so for comfort, is if you wanted to lower your nic when using the same platform you are already on. Make sense? I hope i explained it correctly.

if you wanted to lower to 12 anyway for MTL, sure, that's a different story, but if you are doing it to prepare for low nic sub ohm.. there is no need, i promise.. cause you get huge nicotine intake with the large airflow sub ohm coils.. it's amplified exponentially..you won't get TH, but you won't feel the need for more nic. You'll probably really enjoy the novelty of blowing clouds for a while too. After all, it is fun!

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
and don't be shy, just flat out ask anything you want to when you need to. I came here as a stranger and have asked for quite a bit of advice, and everyone has been amazing.

That's very kind of you! Yes, this site is just great, everyone is super helpful! They've taught me everything I know!

Toots

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
USA
I'm just trying to find an easier way to rebuild my bf rbas. Believe it or not, I have slowed down. It's hard because I get so excited about all things vaping. But rest assured, I'm slowly slowing down. It's a process for me. I stifle myself all the time from posting even more questions...unbelievable, I know
Chels, please don't stop asking questions and posting. I look forward to your questions and posts.
I really enjoy that you are sharing your vaping journey so openly with us. You have added much spice to this forum. It was getting rather bland before you joined.
And your quest for the perfect vape is probably educating many others by the discussions that you promote. And you are so darn cute!

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Chels, please don't stop asking questions and posting. I look forward to your questions and posts.
I really enjoy that you are sharing your vaping journey so openly with us. You have added much spice to this forum. It was getting rather bland before you joined.
And your quest for the perfect vape is probably educating many others by the discussions that you promote. And you are so darn cute!

Aww, that means SSSOOO much to me. Thank you for saying that! You made my day!

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Your excitement is exciting too watch Chels! Makes me smile most times when I see you've posted again. Sometimes I have no knowledge of or interest in your current query but I enjoy seeing you scurrying about. :laugh:

Yeah, it's an obsession. I just can't get enough and I LOVE this site!

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Has anyone used these? Pros and cons? Any information is greatly appreciated!
Meh, kinda like taking a bath in sand, wasn't impressed at all. Then you're back on the Tit again of buying coils and for no reward at all. For me it's so incredibly easy to spin up Fused Claptons and pop them in to what ever I'm vaping. I'm spinning everything from 24x2/34 - 34x2/40 Fused Claptons and getting incredible flavor and vape for very little investment.

My best recommendation is to get a drill, "good" quality ball bearing fishing spinners and spin up your own wire. It seriously is pretty easy, damn easy actually. All it takes is a bit of practice, it's all about getting a feel for the right tension. Once you've got that you can knock out a coil in no time and with the cost of "quality" wire it's a fraction of penny for a pair of coils that will blow away any factory coil. Seriously, it's very easy and all it takes is a tiny bit of practice. Hell when I wanna put a build in it takes less than 5 min's to spin and coil up a pair of Fused Claptons. I was on a mission and got it down to where with little effort I'm making 34x2/40 Clapton for my Tottie Puffer and getting an incredible Vape. The really time consuming wire like Alien, Stapled, etc., etc. you get a tiny bit of better flavor but IMO really isn't worth the time. I will at some time mess about with them but Fused Claptons are so easy with little effort.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Meh, kinda like taking a bath in sand, wasn't impressed at all. Then you're back on the Tit again of buying coils and for no reward at all. For me it's so incredibly easy to spin up Fused Claptons and pop them in to what ever I'm vaping. I'm spinning everything from 24x2/34 - 34x2/40 Fused Claptons and getting incredible flavor and vape for very little investment.

My best recommendation is to get a drill, "good" quality ball bearing fishing spinners and spin up your own wire. It seriously is pretty easy, damn easy actually. All it takes is a bit of practice, it's all about getting a feel for the right tension. Once you've got that you can knock out a coil in no time and with the cost of "quality" wire it's a fraction of penny for a pair of coils that will blow away any factory coil. Seriously, it's very easy and all it takes is a tiny bit of practice. Hell when I wanna put a build in it takes less than 5 min's to spin and coil up a pair of Fused Claptons. I was on a mission and got it down to where with little effort I'm making 34x2/40 Clapton for my Tottie Puffer and getting an incredible Vape. The really time consuming wire like Alien, Stapled, etc., etc. you get a tiny bit of better flavor but IMO really isn't worth the time. I will at some time mess about with them but Fused Claptons are so easy with little effort.

Excellent information, thank you. I know with my crafting background I'll have fun making those coils. I'm going to wait a little longer before I do that though. Get to know all of my gear inside and out[emoji4]

Reactions: Bea-FL

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Excellent information, thank you. I know with my crafting background I'll have fun making those coils. I'm going to wait a little longer before I do that though. Get to know all of my gear inside and out[emoji4]
Back in a previous life many, many Moon's ago I was a Jewelers apprentice. So I took to it and have a huge amount of fun with it, to the point it's my Zen moment spinning up wire and wrapping coils. It's relaxing, it calms me down and I really enjoy it. It really doesn't take that much gear. It's Wire, Drill and Ball Bearing fishing spinners, not much of an investment. Thing is a lot of people get into it then really take the ball and run with it. Making coils actually becomes art and the work I have seen just blows me away. I seriously doubt I'll go that far in for I really am very satisfied with where I'm at, I may in the future but to be honest doubt it. But the point is the options are there.

Once you start Vaping on Fused Claptons you've made your're going to ask yourself why didn't I start sooner. I actually have a bunch of cheaper wire that I use for practice wire and give my coils away, like I said it's my "Zen" moment. They make a pretty significant difference over basic wire in the department of flavor and it's fun. Give it a shot, stick with it and you'll love it. There is something about enjoying the fruits of your own labor that makes it that much satisfying ya know ;)

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Back in a previous life many, many Moon's ago I was a Jewelers apprentice. So I took to it and have a huge amount of fun with it, to the point it's my Zen moment spinning up wire and wrapping coils. It's relaxing, it calms me down and I really enjoy it. It really doesn't take that much gear. It's Wire, Drill and Ball Bearing fishing spinners, not much of an investment. Thing is a lot of people get into it then really take the ball and run with it. Making coils actually becomes art and the work I have seen just blows me away. I seriously doubt I'll go that far in for I really am very satisfied with where I'm at, I may in the future but to be honest doubt it. But the point is the options are there.

Once you start Vaping on Fused Claptons you've made your're going to ask yourself why didn't I start sooner. I actually have a bunch of cheaper wire that I use for practice wire and give my coils away, like I said it's my "Zen" moment. They make a pretty significant difference over basic wire in the department of flavor and it's fun. Give it a shot, stick with it and you'll love it. There is something about enjoying the fruits of your own labor that makes it that much satisfying ya know ;)

There are some amazing coils out there indeed!

Reactions: Anthony_Vapes

TheTinMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2016
North Carolina
This was a game changer for me, I've changed and adapted a bit for my own style but this vid really was the game changer.

One of my favorite and most shared videos. I can't make a clapton to save my behind but I can whip up a fused clapton in a few minutes thanks to that video.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
One of my favorite and most shared videos. I can't make a clapton to save my behind but I can whip up a fused clapton in a few minutes thanks to that video.
Single core Clapton I can make, bit of a PiA and I hate how the wrapping wire slips off and have to cinch the wire ends to prevent this. It just makes it a PiA and rarely use them since Fused are so much better and along with easier to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread