• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Off To See The Wiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Good Morning. I did not see the new thread yet.
Hitt, 3 weeks to go, get to do my exit interview next week and schedule a pick-up for my company car.
Good luck PT........I figure new thread by the end of the week. Still open for suggestions until then(Or I get to pick):)

:)Wiz!

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I've been with my company for 18 years now. It's hard to believe. I worked seven different jobs from the time I got out of the army until I started here. I just couldn't find the right place for me. I'm not so sure this one is it either but it's the closest I've come so far.

Reactions: FranC

CES

optimistic cynic
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    Good morning y'all

25 years is pretty amazing PT. what are you going to do for a car between the time you let go of the company car and when you move to Spain?

Hitt, 18 years suggests that the company is at worst a pretty reasonable fit ;)

I'm at 11 years here as an employee, but had 7 years as a graduate student before that (yeah, it took a LONG time)

Reactions: hittman

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 20, 2008
    Malaga, Spain
    Nope, Ms PT wants to keep her job, she is planning to work for another 2 years travelling back and forth from Spain (no Company car then). She likes her job and also some serious stocks vest for her next April and the following April. It won't be too bad, she would fly back to US and spend 8-10 days here and then fly home for 2 weeks. As it is she is constantly on the road. This just adds an 8 hour flight to the mix.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good Morning.
    CES, no problems as Ms PT requested a company car as she has a choice, it comes in next week. She will continue to drive her BMW I will drive her company car.
    Darn Hitt if you would have stayed in the military you could have retired by now!

I have thought about that several times PT. A good friend of mine while I was in there went ahead and stayed in and retired. I had spent the first nine months of the Gulf war in Saudi after my tech training and was happy to be back in the states. There was talk of doing six month or one year rotations back to Saudi and I had no interest in that. The army decided to downsize and offered early out releases. They let people go if they wanted to with one year or less left on their enlistment and just added it to their inactive duty. Besides the crappy conditions over there, the pay stinks. Our soldiers are poorly paid. Sure you get to either live in the barracks or can try for post housing if you are married but the pay is way too low. Our soldiers deserve to be paid double what they are getting.

Reactions: firechick
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread