Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Hello fellow Provarians.

I have a P3 Stealth, dont remember when I got it.

In the last couple weeks its had a glitch.

WHen it runs out of batteries and I replace it with a fresh one. It looses all the settings. The saved ones too.

Is this something I should worry about. Its annoying, but it works.

I have never updated the software because I love it just as it is.

If anyone has any advise or thinks it should visit its makers , let me know. Love this thing

Reactions: AstroTurf

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Hello fellow Provarians.

I have a P3 Stealth, dont remember when I got it.

In the last couple weeks its had a glitch.

WHen it runs out of batteries and I replace it with a fresh one. It looses all the settings. The saved ones too.

Is this something I should worry about. Its annoying, but it works.

I have never updated the software because I love it just as it is.

If anyone has any advise or thinks it should visit its makers , let me know. Love this thing
What batteries are you using? I use 18650's and when I used something other than what ProVape sells and recommends (AW flat tops gave me the problems) my P3 was a bit glitchey. Other than that, I would recommend having it updated. The updates were supposed to address those kinds of issues.

I see by your tag you are a Avid fan. Do you use their HH357LB?

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I use AW IMR button top and flat 18350s.

I dont know what an HH357LB is, Im assuming its a brand of batteries?

I heard that updates were no longer being offered unless one send the unit in.

I just want to make sure that it doesnt get TC or any silly things like that if I update it.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
I use AW IMR button top and flat 18350s.

I dont know what an HH357LB is, Im assuming its a brand of batteries?

I heard that updates were no longer being offered unless one send the unit in.

I just want to make sure that it doesnt get TC or any silly things like that if I update it.
HH357's are a dripping atty. LB stands for Long Barrel.

Last I heard, ProVape dealers still did updates. You'd have to visit their website to find out which may, or may not be, near you and call them to make sure if they are far away.

While you are there, look up the current updates and what they entail. No TC. Just bug fixes and the option for manual scroll, turning the yellow blinking light off etc...

ProVape does not recommend the AW's (18650's) for the P3 but it sounds like a update may fix your problem. Good luck!

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
HH357's are a dripping atty. LB stands for Long Barrel.

Last I heard, ProVape dealers still did updates. You'd have to visit their website to find out which may, or may not be, near you and call them to make sure if they are far away.

While you are there, look up the current updates and what they entail. No TC. Just bug fixes and the option for manual scroll, turning the yellow blinking light off etc...

ProVape does not recommend the AW's for the P3 but it sounds like a update may fix your problem. Good luck!

Wow, I have been out of the loop. I remember AWs were always the most recommended and safe.
I dont use my Provaris in anything other than 18350 or 18490. What do they suggest?

Thanks for you help. I thought I read somewhere on the threads regarding local shops and retailers not being able to do updates on reg devices any more because of the new regulations.

I will contact Provari.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wow, I have been out of the loop. I remember AWs were always the most recommended and safe.
I dont use my Provaris in anything other than 18350 or 18490. What do they suggest?

Thanks for you help. I thought I read somewhere on the threads regarding local shops and retailers not being able to do updates on reg devices any more because of the new regulations.

I will contact Provari.
Oh, well, in 18350 or 18490, Aw's are what to use. It's the 18650's they recommend the LG HG2 or Samsung 25R.

Sorry for the confusion.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Oh, well, in 18350 or 18490, Aw's are what to use. It's the 18650's they recommend the LG HG2 or Samsung 25R.

Sorry for the confusion.
No problem, I contacted Provape and found that there is an authorized dealer about 15min from here. I dont drive so I will have to see if my son can drive me .

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
No problem, I contacted Provape and found that there is an authorized dealer about 15min from here. I dont drive so I will have to see if my son can drive me .
Wow. I see you did post in #11369 you use 18350's. I suck. :shock:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Wow. I see you did post in #11369 you use 18350's. I suck. :shock:
I dont think you are supposed to know everything about little ol me.... But thank you so much for your help.

Brandy from Provape replied already and suggested the same. She said if I didnt have an authorized dealer near me they could do it. I just hate the idea of sending it off and taking the chance that USPS might "loose" my P3 Stealth.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State

Sorry for the confusion.

Holly cow I've been using the AW 18650's in my P3 since the day I purchased it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread