Out of stock out of stockOUTOFSTOCK

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by SneakyVapper, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SneakyVapper

SneakyVapper Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aaarrrggghhuuaaaa!!! At this point I'm pretty much just venting. Everything I want or need is out of stock, and my list is getting longer.

Whats the real issue? Is it really supply/demand? Or are vendors afraid of impending FDA doom/stocking up only to have their stores swept by the FDA? How long will this "draught" last?

2. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd
    Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Many speculate it is due to the Chinese (New Year?) During the holiday, most, if not all, Chinese factories closed down to celebrate.

3. KraKsX

KraKsX Moved On Verified Member

what r u looking for?

im sure people know places that have the items you want

4. GraceH

GraceH Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I blame income tax check season.

5. madmach

madmach Super Member ECF Veteran

It is more than one thing that has made getting things hard there was the chinese new year than some has to do with the FDA scare i think and than there is all the new vapers. That and it has happen every year that i have been vaping that is way i stocked up on some of the things i use the most.

6. spacemunk

spacemunk Full Member

Chinese vendors have pushed out their backlog of orders since the 6th of March.

I live next door which is in Thailand and until today i haven't received the stuff i ordered from China since the 6th :(

7. SneakyVapper

I am looking for
    -an AGAT2 RBA
    -a DNA20 IC
    among many other things but these are examples...

8. Blurgas

Blurgas Super Member ECF Veteran

This. It's been driving me nuts because I have to scrounge to find anyone who has actual vivi nova heads in stock(found a site, but gotta wait til I can afford it)

9. SneakyVapper

I wish I had a home with my own tools and could open up a machine shop or something. It's not very roomy here in the barracks...kinda hard to set up shop here.

10. exnihilo

exnihilo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

First, and foremost, beyond anything, even Chinese New Year, it is due to poor planing on the part of the vendors. Plain and simple. They were either unaware, or unable to stock up before hand; and those that did, were ransacked by those who didn't in order to keep their "shelves" stocked.

cg

11. charmschool

charmschool Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I think we're in one of those "perfect storm" situations. The more of us that vape, the more the word is spread, so our numbers grow daily. US vendors have yet to completely stay in front of the growing market. Then, our New Year brings the inevitable rush of resolutions, so the vaping community tends to surge this time of year. The Chinese New Year shuts down manufacturing for two weeks during our biggest surge, so backlogs build. When they do get up & running again, customs & delivery chains get bogged down by the volume. All this happens pretty much every year. On top of that, this year we have the added pressure of the FDA doomsday preppers & their stockpiling, so it's going to take even longer for supplies to catch up to demand. It's an aggravating time to vape, for sure!

12. SirSteve

SirSteve Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I am tired of hearing about the Chinese New Year, while I don't live in China, I am sure they have a New Year every year. Vendors should know about the Chinese New Year by now, no way should a business allow themselves to run completely out of product for weeks on end.

The FDA scare has led to panic buying, new vapors has increased demand, add to that poor planning by vendors and we are stuck looking all over the place for even the simplest items. I can understand the new items being somewhat hard to get, when a vendor gets them they sell out very quickly. Having problems finding simple items, though is ridiculous.

13. albcig

albcig Super Member ECF Veteran

im rebuilding and diy everything so im not affected at all by this, but i like to see and buy perhaps new things. also since this is a hobby i like being able to try new devices and other stuff

14. DDark4eva

DDark4eva Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Lol I can only laugh at this cus its true in my case, a nice part of my return went to vaping supplies.

So blame CNY...and me :evil:

15. 2nd chance

2nd chance Moved On

Increase in E-cig users,Chinese Holiday & FDA fears all combined along with some worry warts hoarding and there you have OOS issues.

16. charmschool

charmschool Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I agree, but I forgot to add that the vendors also have to be affected by the FDA scare. Most are small ops, funded with personal cash. Can you imagine how terrifying it would be to tie up your money in equipment you might not be able to sell? They are shooting at a constantly moving target, and risk it disappearing completely. I'll be glad when all this is settled, in whatever way. It's the uncertainty that will continue to cause problems.

17. SirSteve

SirSteve Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

You have a very valid point about the personal cash. I just want to add a couple more 510 to ego adapters and large tank beauty rings, along with one more RBA, and I don't want to have to use two or three vendors to do it. Nothing fancy, just everyday stuff.

18. Orobas

Orobas Equine Disrespect Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've noticed this too. I've been looking for a couple more RBAs to complete my FDApocalypse preparations. Just ordered the vision eternity and the A7 from MVS. I would have thrown the IGO-L in with my order but it's out of stock. I might get one more spool of kanthal and i'm good to go.

19. hvac999

hvac999 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I think the FDA scare is the common denominator This year, both vapers and suppliers. Normally all vendor stocks would be up by now.

20. Dougiestyle

Dougiestyle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

The DNA20 is manufactured in the US by Dimension Engineering by design for Evolv. If Evolv can't get it produced, it may be because DE has something bigger going on and these chips are on the back-burner, so to speak.

: provari
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.