Stock List Advice For Possible Upcoming E-Cig Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahardrain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2010
NY
I don't want to be a pessimist, just thinking more in line with being a realist. Living in NY I feel as thou very soon I will no longer be able to purchase anything to do E-Smoking.

I enjoy vaping and want to continue and have been thinking the last few days on what I will need to stock up on and how much in order to continue to do so. It looks as though my wish list of trying out various mods, flavored e-juices and accessories should be put on the back burner and I should concentrate monies on supplies relegated to one main PV.

I have built mainly a large collection around the eGo type devices, with 510 connections. What do you feel would be the best purchases that would lead to building a decent stock?

I realize my stock list would be different then someone else's, in regards to nic, carts, attys, etc. I also know everyones budget would be different, so I am putting $300 aside for this stock. I feel that VG, PG and flavor concentrates will still be readily available. So DIY juice will be a must now.

Not being a modder, I am not adept in building my own attys. So I feel as thou those are a must along with a fairly large stock of nic juice. Do you feel that batteries will be hard to come by? What other supplies should one stock up on? Should I purchase a mod, like a juice box, so I can continue to vape using easily attainable batteries and replacement parts? :confused:

I am praying these bans will go away, but with big tobacco, tax addicted governments and an uninformed population in regards to these great devices, I feel it is only a matter of time.

Reactions: Fidola13

player30

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham AL
E-Cigarettes are not going anywhere but up in sales. I do have 100 ml 100mg pg set aside just in case, and I have saved all my used cartos in case I ever need to clean them! If I were truly concerned I would buy 1000 510 cartos & 1000 ml of Halo Truepure. I could easily live without all the different flavors offered.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
If you plan on building a stash, atty's (cartos if you prefer or better yet a combination of the two if you do use cartos) should be at the top on your list. Adding two Mods that use easily obtainable batteries would be the way I'd go. I'd also add some unflavored nic juice to the stash.

What two e-juice flavors do you REALLY like and would have the hardest time DIYing? Stocking up a bit on those in your stash can't hurt as you'll use it if there were to be a ban or not.

ahardrain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2010
NY
If you plan on building a stash, atty's (cartos if you prefer or better yet a combination of the two if you do use cartos) should be at the top on your list. Adding two Mods that use easily obtainable batteries would be the way I'd go. I'd also add some unflavored nic juice to the stash.

What two e-juice flavors do you REALLY like and would have the hardest time DIYing? Stocking up a bit on those in your stash can't hurt as you'll use it if there were to be a ban or not.

I love cartos and saw a video how after they are no longer viable to take out the filling and use them as a plain atty. I also love vanilla and RY4 the most and have DIY'ed them both and they came out really good. I think I could easily give up the nic after awhile. I guess I am just orally fixated after all these years and love the vapor and the feel in my throat. I agree on the mods also.

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
Although there's not a ban pending either nationally or in my state, I've been stocking up a bit just in case the FDA starts siezing shipments to our beloved vendors. If you think about what is PV related that would be difficult or impossible to obtain in the event of a total ban there really aren't that many supplies or components which it would affect. The main ones I see are atomizers, battery connectors, and nic juice. All the parts to build a simple working box mod can be obtained at Radio Shack, with the exception of a battery connector. There are many how-to videos which detail the construction and assembly process. Batteries and chargers are, and will continue to be, easily obtainable from many sources. If you don't feel comfortable enough with electronics to build a box mod they are cheaply and readily available here Custom Mods, and if you want to build your own later you can simply copy the layout.
Nic juice might also be difficult or impossible to obtain, so I'd stock up on that. Atomizers are relatively inexpensive so that would be another item to stock up on. So if a total national ban were impending I'd stock up on those three items, with enough to carry me for at least two years.
With that in mind here's what I've considered necessary to stockpile:
30 atomizers
10 battery connectors
500 ml of 100 mg nic juice
3 box mod kits

Some people may consider this too much to have on hand, others too little, but that's what I've decided would keep me vaping even with a total ban in place. Every time I order supplies I tack on a few atomizers, parts, or juice. I'm over half way to completing the list above so I'm set for at least a year even if I don't purchase anything else. Call me paranoid, but I don't trust that we'll be vaping like we have been for very much longer.

ahardrain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2010
NY
E-Cigarettes are not going anywhere but up in sales. I do have 100 ml 100mg pg set aside just in case, and I have saved all my used cartos in case I ever need to clean them! If I were truly concerned I would buy 1000 510 cartos & 1000 ml of Halo Truepure. I could easily live without all the different flavors offered.

I enjoy playing with the flavors, but could live with two or three mainstays. I wish I could say the same in regards to e cig sales continuing to climb higher and higher, but you have no idea how screwed up NY is.

TJVapes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2010
USA
I would get at least 1 already built mod and a ton of atomizers. You can get cheap DIY boxes from Madvapes for like 9 dollars a kit, so I would buy at least a few, but even if you just get one you can teach yourself to make a mod from other things with the building experience. If I can build one, anybody can! That's exactly why I taught myself to make one. I'm considering looking into the atty kit from Drew, I think it's on Nhaler (?) Even if I didn't like that atty I could use the basics to teach myself to make something vapable. I think you'll still be able to buy nic juice. I hope new yorkers don't really get screwed out of vapin, how sad.

jeannest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
New York
I would look into DIY juice. You want to make sure you have all of your bases covered.

That's what I'm researching right now. I love my favorites like BWB and Ms. T's and will continue ordering from them as long as I can, but I'd like to have a backup plan as well. I ordered 250ml of unflavored nicotine juice tonight. Tomorrow I'll buy some flavorings, PG and VG and look for recipes to try out.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
be careful, when stocking up on Nic Juice, especially when you see such cheap prices, when something usually looks to good to be true it is, or is way under priced from other suppliers prices theres usually a reason for this. Always ask for the production date on the Nic juice your buying, ask for a lot# and made or born on date and or an expiration date, lots of times when you see very cheap Nic juice on sale for cheap it is getting old and the supplier wants to blow out what he has left so he can re up on a new vat of it. if your only buying a little bit to use now then its OK but if your buying 6 months worth then be careful, when buying a supply to last you for a while you always want the freshest you can buy. Pure Nic will last a long long time, but once cut with VG/PG it wont last as long. Lastly just my personal opinion is I don't think there is any reason to panic over this NY Ban thing, it's going to be a very long time before vaping gets banned if ever at all, there is more and more studies coming out proving that vaping is way less harmful the the real cancer sticks as well as proof that Big Tobacco and Big Pharma are behind all this because there loosing millions maybe more because of vaping, I don't think there is any reason to panic over this Ban thing what so ever right now. Again these are just my personal opinions.

Last edited:

ahardrain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2010
NY
Lastly just my personal opinion is I don't think there is any reason to panic over this NY Ban thing, it's going to be a very long time before vaping gets banned if ever at all, there is more and more studies coming out proving that vaping is way less harmful the the real cancer sticks as well as proof that Big Tobacco and Big Pharma are behind all this because there loosing millions maybe more because of vaping,

Thanks for the wisdom on the nic juice. I believe this vendor is new and trying to get people to buy, but will ask those very questions. I agree Big Tobacco and Pharma are both instrumental in the push with their lobbyists, but living in NY and seeing what these large lobbies can accomplish is to me, my personal opinion, a forgone conclusion. You also have to add in the fact that NY is so tax hungry and broke and the loss of any tax revenue doesn't sit well in Albany.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread