Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelt.

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 22, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    I got this mod in a job lot box. Looks too nice to be homemade, but it's really odd. Obviously made for 18xx size batteries, but too big for an 18650. Not enough space to put a Kick on top of an 18650 (and nor would I, since there's built in regulation) , no dice with stacked 18350's, nor an 18500. Has a voltmeter, potentiometer, and two microswitches (power and voltmeter?) Has anyone seen one of these? sorry imgur link is a black box for me

Last edited:

Kelt.

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 22, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    I'll get the pics up in a moment. 18650 is too short, and too long with a Kick. 2x 18350's almost make it..almost, but not quite making contact with the spring. 18500 obviously is too short, even with the Kick. Thought about stacking a coupla magnets under the negative of the 18650, but thought better of it.

Kelt.

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 22, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    How deep is a Buck? a Kick is 17mm, and if the box has a potentiometer is either of those even necessary?
    MJb63BR.jpg

Kelt.

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 22, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    Wonder if the new 21700 would fit, since it 5mm longer than a 18650
    18xxx cells are the widest this mod will take.
    I have a pair of protected 18650 button tops on order... hopefully their 70mm± length will be enough to fit and compress the spring just a little.

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    I got this mod in a job lot box. Looks too nice to be homemade, but it's really odd. Obviously made for 18xx size batteries, but too big for an 18650. Not enough space to put a Kick on top of an 18650 (and nor would I, since there's built in regulation) , no dice with stacked 18350's, nor an 18500. Has a voltmeter, potentiometer, and two microswitches (power and voltmeter?) Has anyone seen one of these? sorry imgur link is a black box for me

It needs more voltage than a single cell can provide. Stacked button top 18350s are what it needs.

Nice find!
    Enjoy
    I

Reactions: muzichead

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain

Kinda looks like a "Red Sky Mods".
    scallywag.jpg

Kelt.

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 22, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    If the 2x 18350 are only about a mm short. My guess is those are the correct batts. The spring may be wrong or collapsed.

I would not use the 18650 protected batt.. below 1ohm or about above 15 watts or so.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    The Vicious Ant Cyclone atty that came with the mod still had a build in it, metered out to 1.75Ω. Good thing, as currently it has no allen wrench to change the coil.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread