Possible nicotine intolerance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xNOISEx

Feb 15, 2013
Florida
This might turn out to be long. I'm obviously not looking for medical advice, but I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar experience, and I appreciate any advice I can get; especially if anyone has a blueprint for quitting.

First, I'll get the symptoms out of the way:

- lightheadedness
- dizziness
- extreme anxiety
- shaking
- palpitating
- shortness of breath

This list isn't exhaustive by any means, but these are the same symptoms that drove me to quitting cigarettes two years ago.

Nicotine seems to be closing me in; when I first quit smoking, I could tolerate 18+ MG without any issues at all. After about six months, my absolute threshold dropped to about 12 MG. Now, I seemingly can't handle anything above 3 MG. Is this normal for a nicotine intolerance, or perhaps a VG allergy? I can't figure it out. I have no consistently favorite e-liquid and I switch brands all the time, so the common denominator appears to be nicotine. When I quit vaping for a few hours, the symptoms seemingly disappear, but I can't shake the addiction to 3-6 MG.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Sounds like you have developed a low threshold for stimulants.

I have the same reactions to anything higher than 3mg tops. I used to smoke max a pack a day but I built the tolerance over a matter of years.

Same thing with coffee. I started drinking coffee at the workplace and also built up my tolerance over years. From the one or 2 cups that would give me the same symptoms listed above to my normal of up to 10 cups a day, morning, noon and through the night.

I started lowering that when I stopped working and now cant have full caffenated coffee except for one or 2 , after that I have to drink 50/50 or decaf or I get over stimulated with all the listed effects.

Same with nicotine now. I started at 18 and now vape 1mg and 3 mg. If I am putting a new atty or new mod thru the paces I can easily over do it and drink a lot of water to flush it out.

You probably started with a decent atty, and have probably stepped up to a more efficient one that delivers the nicotine much stronger.

Just try to pace yourself and maybe keep some 0 nic for in between if you are a chain vaper like I am.

Some people are just more sensitive to anything that stimulates. I suffer from depression and most anti depressants actually make me feel the same as the nic and the caffeine. Some actually cause my arms and neck and head to spazz out , with arm flailing and twitches that drive me nuts and everyone else too.

When anxiety hits me I get a sudden burst of adrenaline and it makes me feel the same just because someone startled me. Thats why I cant drive anymore. I will be driving and everything is fine, bam a motorcylcle zooms by , or a large truck passes me and the adrenaline shoots and I panic and have to pull over and wait for it to pass. Its scary .

Im a big ole mess and probably an extreme example.

I would just watch my vaping, and cut it back to 3mg or 1. Keep some higher for when you need that one or 2 puffs. Those are very typical symptoms of over nicotine. If you drink coffee, lower the amount or mix some decaf and reg. Yes, there is a good decaf coffee. I finally found one that tastes just the same as good coffee. If you want I will let you know where I get it.

I hope you feel better. Its an awful feeling. You feel like you want to run around crying and screaming off a cliff. Just flush yourself with water and drink some chamomile tea. Take deep breaths.

PS. If this still continues to happen definitely talk to your doctor. You might be going through something in your life that is causing anxiety, stress or worry and the nicotine is amplifying it. It could be something physical and you want to rule that out.

Last edited:
Reactions: xNOISEx

xNOISEx

Feb 15, 2013
Florida
Thanks for the reply, this clears a lot of things up. The chainvaping and better tank system probably messed me up, along with that anxious / depressed temperament. You just described my life, in a nutshell, and the weaning process on caffeine is similarly difficult!

When anxiety hits me I get a sudden burst of adrenaline and it makes me feel the same just because someone startled me. Thats why I cant drive anymore. I will be driving and everything is fine, bam a motorcylcle zooms by , or a large truck passes me and the adrenaline shoots and I panic and have to pull over and wait for it to pass. Its scary .

Weirdly, the same exact thing has been happening to me, over the past two years. It's like my brain just gave up, when none of this stuff previously existed.

Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
You might definitely need to talk to your doctor and make sure you dont have other physical factors that could be causing those symptoms.

I hope you figure out the causes and definately keep some 0 nic handy so you can do some hardcore stress vaping when needed. It definitely feels good to "dragon vape" when stressed but you dont want to over nic yourself

I have different atties for my emotional needs. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread