Sudden onset nicotine sensitivity? Bizarre symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumaman

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
So all of a sudden I have these weird symptoms, some of which fit with other reported issues such as lactic acid buildup, but the timing and details don't seem to fit completely with everything else I have read.

First, been full time vaping for a month, no analogs in that time frame and also no problems on 18mg Dekang. Last week I ordered and received a bunch of juice from a well regarded vendor on this forum, who I won't name as I have no idea if it is related to anything other then coincidence. I try the juices, and first hate them, then after a day love them! But that's for another thread. Anyway, I'm so in love with one flavor I vape heavier then normal and start getting what is pretty clearly nicotine overload. Flushing, light headed, chest constricted, etc. No big deal, even though I wasn't doing THAT much more then normal, and it's only 18mg, I just cut back for that day. The next morning I wake up fine, go back to vaping as usual. Half way through the day, I start having the same symptoms, even though I was vaping lightly. Quit for the day. Next day, I am having symptoms as soon as I start (continuing to now). As follows:

Inhale. Sensation of warmth in left hand and left foot, accompanied by electrical, tingly feel in different places. Sometimes chest pain. Neuralgia like feeling in scalp. Muscle crampy (I know, not a word) in left forearm and bicep. Light headiness and disconnected feeling. Symptoms not always together or all at once.

So now I am thinking maybe my shipment of juice was mislabeled or mixed wrong and I wound up with some super high nic juice. So I lay off for half a day, go to bed, and start the next day on the left-over Dekang 18mg on a clean atty.

Same thing.

Also, from what I have read on nicotine, the half life is an hour or 2, some of my symptoms lingered on for 12 to 18 hours after I stopped.

None of this adds up quite right.

Nicotine - Been vaping for a month (not to mention the years of smoking before) with out issue. Also, even when symptoms at their worst, no elevated heart rate, just chugged along as usual.

Allergy - Again, a month with no problem, why all of a sudden? Also, symptoms linger too long after stopping to make sense. I also tried an allergy pill, had no effect.

lactic Acid - could account for the cramping feelings, but not much of the others. Also, onset seems too sudden.

Any thoughts? My next step is to pick up some glycerin and cut the juice to reduce nic, see what that does.

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
aside from contacting a doctor about your symptoms, first and foremost..........

yes, get some glycerin and try diluting some of the juice. it could be a little strong, as i don't fully trust that nic content is AN EXACT science but very close....but i do sometimes get headaches if i vape more often than normal.

the other outlying questions are going to be...what other meds are you taking, if any, or what other influences can you think of that would be affecting your health?

Pumaman

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
aside from contacting a doctor about your symptoms, first and foremost..........
Ahh, whatta they know.

yes, get some glycerin and try diluting some of the juice. it could be a little strong, as i don't fully trust that nic content is AN EXACT science but very close....but i do sometimes get headaches if i vape more often than normal.

the other outlying questions are going to be...what other meds are you taking, if any, or what other influences can you think of that would be affecting your health?

Been thinking along those lines. One thing, I take one gram of time release niacin every night for cholesterol. Some of the symptoms are very like a niacin flush, so I'm going to lay off them for a few nights, see what happens. Just cut 50/50 with glycerin. Seems like the response is reduced, though still present. Oddly, the warmth / tingling / flushing is now in my scalp and jaw instead of feet and hands. Will see what happens.

RIMP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So all of a sudden I have these weird symptoms, some of which fit with other reported issues such as lactic acid buildup, but the timing and details don't seem to fit completely with everything else I have read.

First, been full time vaping for a month, no analogs in that time frame and also no problems on 18mg Dekang. Last week I ordered and received a bunch of juice from a well regarded vendor on this forum, who I won't name as I have no idea if it is related to anything other then coincidence. I try the juices, and first hate them, then after a day love them! But that's for another thread. Anyway, I'm so in love with one flavor I vape heavier then normal and start getting what is pretty clearly nicotine overload. Flushing, light headed, chest constricted, etc. No big deal, even though I wasn't doing THAT much more then normal, and it's only 18mg, I just cut back for that day. The next morning I wake up fine, go back to vaping as usual. Half way through the day, I start having the same symptoms, even though I was vaping lightly. Quit for the day. Next day, I am having symptoms as soon as I start (continuing to now). As follows:

Inhale. Sensation of warmth in left hand and left foot, accompanied by electrical, tingly feel in different places. Sometimes chest pain. Neuralgia like feeling in scalp. Muscle crampy (I know, not a word) in left forearm and bicep. Light headiness and disconnected feeling. Symptoms not always together or all at once.

So now I am thinking maybe my shipment of juice was mislabeled or mixed wrong and I wound up with some super high nic juice. So I lay off for half a day, go to bed, and start the next day on the left-over Dekang 18mg on a clean atty.

Same thing.

Also, from what I have read on nicotine, the half life is an hour or 2, some of my symptoms lingered on for 12 to 18 hours after I stopped.

None of this adds up quite right.

Nicotine - Been vaping for a month (not to mention the years of smoking before) with out issue. Also, even when symptoms at their worst, no elevated heart rate, just chugged along as usual.

Allergy - Again, a month with no problem, why all of a sudden? Also, symptoms linger too long after stopping to make sense. I also tried an allergy pill, had no effect.

lactic Acid - could account for the cramping feelings, but not much of the others. Also, onset seems too sudden.

Any thoughts? My next step is to pick up some glycerin and cut the juice to reduce nic, see what that does.

Many times left sided pain, you mentioned arm, chest pain, tingly could be radiating pain, also could be symptoms of heart attack or angina:confused: These are serious medical considerations. You should contact your md asap:rolleyes: Leave the vaping alone for a while and see if this stops the pain. Could be totally unrelated to vaping:) Oh yeah, I'm also a nurse:)

RIMP:evil:

Jasmine

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
Colorado
This sounds similar to a reaction that I get to certain flavorings, mainly caramel, butterscotch & toffee which of course are my absolute favorites. I'm thinking it may be the caramel coloring for me, so the new e-liquid flavorings may be causing your issues (not anything against the vendor, but you may be reacting to it). I would recommend going back to the Dekang liquids and see if the symptoms continue.

Pumaman

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Sorry if I didn't word it clearly in original post, I did go back to Dekang and still had the issues. I cut 50/50 with glycerin last night. No more tingling in hands or flushing, but now I have a feeling like the beginning of lockjaw and the my mouth is tingling all the way around for the last 12 hours (with no vaping of anything). RIMP, thanks for the concern, but I am very up to date on all things coronary testing wise, I have had Idiopathic Cardiac Ectopy for 20 years so I am constantly tested, just had a stress test and ekg this year. People should know their home towns like I know my cardiovascular system. Probably why I'm not freaking out about this. Jasmine, you could be on to something. I have one other theory I'm going to test this afternoon, will see. One good thing, it has been FAR easier to lay off vaping while I figure out what is happening then it would have been with cigs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread