Status
Not open for further replies.

funkfist

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2009
DSC09659-Edit-600x600.jpg

Their first batch is sold and nobody has reviews on this thing. It's a dual 18650 mod capable of 150 watts, temperature control for stainless steel, titanium and nichrome, minimum .1 ohm resistance and has a unique screen that is completely hidden when not in use. They have also said on instagram that it is an in house chip that does not use pulse width modulation, unlike the Decimus. My thoughts on this are negative. I have used every product Praxis has made. They were innovative with the original Praxis mechanical mod and Derringer RDA. Beyond those products their offerings in my opinion have been mediocre and generic. This was their last chance to release a dna or YiHi chip device and it was squandered away unless they want to deal with the FDA which is highly unlikely because the determining factor of using a chip they designed, starting with the Decimus, was cost compared to dna or YiHi. If they can't afford to purchase other manufacturers technology I severely doubt they have the money to comply with the FDA and release a new mod designed with a superior chip.

Reactions: nocigsnomore

mindriot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Dundee, Scotland
I generally agree in that I don't have much faith that compared to either of the suggested alternatives this will be all that good. Could both be wrong but sure ain't going to rush out and buy one.

This however:
because the determining factor of using a chip they designed, starting with the Decimus, was cost compared to DNA or YiHi.
Are you sure? It would take quite a lot of scale to design and fabricate a custom chip with software before you were beating the price of buying them in. I get joyetech and innokin doing stuff like this, I also get companies doing it to make something different and unique to bring to the market. At the kind of scale these guys might hope to achieve (particularly given the decimus was not exactly popular and generally didn't seem to review well) making a move like that on cost alone with plenty of good (likely better even if not going all the way to the top end) options out there is insane.

Ha.Ah

Oct 3, 2016
This box mod from Praxis is great! It turns heads too as no one has ever seen anything like it.

Pros:
Lightweight
No battery rattle
Great build quality
Ergonomic design
Materials are soft to the touch

Cons:
22mm tanks fit perfectly but others over 24 such as the limitless rdta plus arent very snug

I'm currently using this mod with LG HG2 batteries and a black Uwell Crown

Ha.Ah

Oct 3, 2016
I read it's "available in 22mm Atomizer Diameter and 24mm Atomizer Diameter". But if it's selected to buy there's no option to choose which one.
I honestly can't say I saw such an option nor was there any mention of it when I ordered it (from 3Vape, not directly from Praxis)
The limitless rdta plus does seem to work on it though.

Ha.Ah

Oct 3, 2016
that 510 housing is a huge mistake. i think most people would rather have a flat top and the ability to use attys larger than 22mm.
Yeah I would definitely have preferred a flat top but the 510 is rather deep and does allow my limitless rdta plus (24mm) to make contact with the pin and function as normal. However, the pin on that rdta protrudes a fair bit and it doesn't take much to get that tank loose though, quite a con

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
Just picked one of these up yesterday. I saw a guy in the shop using it, and after 2 minutes playing with it, I had to have one.

I was at first suckered by the fantastic finish and the very cool display. But after using it for a day I must say that the TC (running dual SS twisted claptons) is smoooooth! In power mode, the delivery is also very smooth without any noticeable spikes.

Only drag, as many have pointed out is the recessed 510. But my tanks seem to work well on it. I picked up a CoilArt Azeroth in black with the mod and the two look like they were made for each other.

Overall, I'm a fan. Go get one!!

Last edited:

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
Been using this all day. At first the display showed the word "BABY" and I couldn't figure out what it meant. Then tonight it changed to "LOVE U". It alternates between BABY and LOVE U. It's some kind of puff counter. And I'm digging it!
Can't wait to see what it'll display next.

0c35651edac5c8487fa9e5736b3d1eef.jpg

e6acd6b52e387fd51e9b46fee9119f2f.jpg

4a13d0a44b126f638f96cb1ffaeab130.jpg

Sent from the road using Tapatalk.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread