Khanninnarh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2016
It's a sexy mod with any black tank!!! My adv tank is the vgod tricktank pro

4b3bb4fa0662a2b0594c2fc1776d7517.jpg
71a7b64837fc08a7384a4567640b82a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. Does the iJoy RDTA screw off easily. Just wondering how well it screws down.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
Hi. Does the iJoy RDTA screw off easily. Just wondering how well it screws down.

24mm and 24mm mods screw down fine. But from vids online, you should test when you buy in case the 510 pin on your tank can't contact. So far there don't seem to be any problems though.

Sent from the road using Tapatalk.

Khanninnarh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2016
24mm and 24mm mods screw down fine. But from vids online, you should test when you buy in case the 510 pin on your tank can't contact. So far there don't seem to be any problems though.

Thanks for the info.

But can't really test before buying because of my location and laws.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
Thanks for the info.

But can't really test before buying because of my location and laws.

Psssssst. I'm in the same country.
But seriously I've had no problems so far. I'd highly recommend this

Reactions: Khanninnarh

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
Can you show yours with a 23 or 24mm atty on it (larger than 22mm, in other words)? TIA
I'll take a pic later. But a 24mm Coil Art Azeroth is the current tank on it and there's no overhang. In fact there's still a tiny "ledge" which will mean the top plate can accommodate a 25mm tank with no overhang.
I'll take a pic with a 22mm Griffin tank as well for the heck of it. It sits in the depression v neatly.
But if you scroll up, we all have 24mm tanks on our Banshees. What kind of detail are you hoping to see?

ooyzvape

Oct 3, 2016
I got this mod today,so far it's good I'm glad the obs engine rta that I use daily is fit on this mod with no problem,no overhang or anything,I bought it online so I can't test it I was worry it won't fire 25mm attys..
the only thing that confused me is the TC mode,in the manual it said N is for nichrome I use Ni80 but the coil still fire and burn the cotton even with no cotton the coil will glowing hot when I fire it..at the first time I think it was a typo or something,maybe it was meant to Nickel but typed it wrong with Nichrome. then i test T mode,it still fires the coil,same with S mode..
I'm new in vaping but with my other mods if we use wrong wires and set it to wrong TC mode it will go back to power mode,I thought this one too but I check the display and it shows that I'm still in TC T/S/N mode and it still firing even if the coil is Ni80,I'm really confused..I've test it with single coil and dual coils,Ni80 and kanthal A1,260C - 50W all have the same results,still firing at any mode and stay at the mode that I use even if it's TC mode
I'm not using the TC mode daily but I'm wondering if it just mine?is my banshee defected so the TC mode not working at all?maybe I should use the right wires to make the TC working?any others have this problems too?
btw I update it to version 4 already.

Last edited:

ooyzvape

Oct 3, 2016
I try to lower the temp to 130c 50W and it's working it's limiting the temp,but my coil is kanthal now is this normal?all TC N/T/S working with kanthal?
sorry for this noob question,I'm new in vaping my other mode will bring me back to power mode if I try using TC on kanthal,this one doesn't..just wondering if there's something wrong with mine or it's normal thing?

Khanninnarh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2016
I try to lower the temp to 130c 50W and it's working it's limiting the temp,but my coil is kanthal now is this normal?all TC N/T/S working with kanthal?
sorry for this noob question,I'm new in vaping my other mode will bring me back to power mode if I try using TC on kanthal,this one doesn't..just wondering if there's something wrong with mine or it's normal thing?

I don't think so it will do TC with Kanthal coils. Not on this mod at least. But don't think it will do any harm. Have you tried Stainless Steel? SS works ok for mine. This mod does not switch modes automatically I noticed.

ooyzvape

Oct 3, 2016
I don't think so it will do TC with Kanthal coils. Not on this mod at least. But don't think it will do any harm. Have you tried Stainless Steel? SS works ok for mine. This mod does not switch modes automatically I noticed.

yeah,it does not change the mode automatically still firing any wires at any mode,but doesn't change the mode,thank you for confirming that sir..not yet but I will,I only have kanthal and Ni80 right now,but when I use Ni80 it doesn't work on N TC mode,but the manual said it is nichrome TC maybe it's for nickel but they miss type it to nichrome?what SS do you use 304 or 316?

Khanninnarh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2016
yeah,it does not change the mode automatically still firing any wires at any mode,not yet but I will,I only have kanthal and Ni80 right now,but when I use Ni80 it doesn't work on N TC mode,but the manual said it is nichrome TC maybe it's for nickel but they miss type it to nichrome?what SS do you use 304 or 316?

I used 316L. Now it's an alien clapton in the Goon so I'm just using power mode.

Perhaps will need to notify Praxis/Ciggo on this.

ooyzvape

Oct 3, 2016
I used 316L. Now it's an alien clapton in the Goon so I'm just using power mode.

Perhaps will need to notify Praxis/Ciggo on this.

yeah i hope they will update it,not much information they give even in the banshee update page,I can only see they update the display..it's a good mod btw,I love it.
I use power mode but it's nice to know that our mod have all features working including the TC.

alan ross

Nov 25, 2016
Been using this all day. At first the display showed the word "BABY" and I couldn't figure out what it meant. Then tonight it changed to "LOVE U". It alternates between BABY and LOVE U. It's some kind of puff counter. And I'm digging it!
Can't wait to see what it'll display next.

0c35651edac5c8487fa9e5736b3d1eef.jpg

e6acd6b52e387fd51e9b46fee9119f2f.jpg

4a13d0a44b126f638f96cb1ffaeab130.jpg

hi , do you know if you can turn that off , or if theres an update for it , it really annoys me haha cheers

Koofteh

Nov 26, 2016
This was their last chance to release a DNA or YiHi chip device and it was squandered away unless they want to deal with the FDA which is highly unlikely because the determining factor of using a chip they designed, starting with the Decimus, was cost compared to DNA or YiHi. If they can't afford to purchase other manufacturers technology I severely doubt they have the money to comply with the FDA and release a new mod designed with a superior chip.

This is an odd comment. It's not just the cost for the mod manufacturer but the user as well. This mod has an MSRP of $80, you're going to pay a lot more even for a DNA75.

I love the DNA devices I own but this is a cheap little plaything.

I would have hoped the display would have more resolution than the coarse pitch 'read it from across the room' deal I'm seeing here.

How do you get more resolution out of a dot-matrix screen? Each pixel is a physical LED, it's going to look crunchy no matter what. Literally every other regulated mod has a normal hi-res screen, I like that this tries a different approach.

I really like the design for this mod. But the 22mm limitation puts me off. Such an ingenious display. Would think that 24/25mm atomizers with slightly longer 510s would still fit. But then it's a gamble.

I wouldn't really call it a limitation, as you say it's just going to be a gamble with bigger atomizers. But the 510 pin is springy and the recess isn't very deep so unless your atomizer has a super short 510 it should be okay.

Goon 24mm fits awesome-ly on it, same as the Avocado 24.

hi , do you know if you can turn that off , or if theres an update for it , it really annoys me haha cheers

You can't turn them off, but there's a few different firmware versions you can flash from this link: ciggo.com/banshee_update.html. Two of them apparently show custom messages based on your total puff counter... #4 is my favorite since it does little dot animations if you take a really long pull. The other two seem kind of laughable, most of the options are gibberish and one of them even says 'FACK U' for some odd reason.

I kind of bought this hoping I could customize the text display and maybe even change the LED color but there's very little information on the device. Overall I like it for the funky display but I wouldn't buy it as a main device since it's kind of big and doesn't feel ultra durable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread