Status
Not open for further replies.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I have a T18, well several, because I love this simple set up. If you draw or puff too many times close together it will flash, but as mentioned yellow means low on charge. Glad the new coil is working just be sure you let it set a good 15 min before taking a puff. I also find it works best with higher PG ratios, like 60-70 PG, even 50-50 PG/VG and it wicks too slow for me and will give a dry hit/burnt taste. I am going on the 7th week for my coils now, love this set up :)

FishingBuffalo

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Collinsville,TX
That is a bad coil. After replacing coil fill tasnk, replace top, roll slowly about a minute and let wicks soak juice. Top off tank and let stand 3-5 minutes. In all reality a coil primes in 5 minutes, no matter what kind. Usually if a new coil is burnt it was accidentally fired before the priming process ever began, that actually happens a lot until you get the hang of it. Always turn off device whilst priming.

taotoo

Jun 22, 2015
That is a bad coil. After replacing coil fill tasnk, replace top, roll slowly about a minute and let wicks soak juice. Top off tank and let stand 3-5 minutes. In all reality a coil primes in 5 minutes, no matter what kind. Usually if a new coil is burnt it was accidentally fired before the priming process ever began, that actually happens a lot until you get the hang of it. Always turn off device whilst priming.
Well I've got through a few coils now and my experience has been consistently different. I always get a burnt taste if I only leave it five minutes. Am not accidentally firing it. I guess there's a chance the taste is actually machine oil or something, and priming the head somehow removes it. One thing I've found is you can't really know how saturated the bottom coil is, as you can't see it.

Edit: should also say that I always start by firing it for a fraction of second, then slowly build it up from there.

Reactions: bnrkwest

FishingBuffalo

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Collinsville,TX
70% VG is the max you want the juice to be, preferably thinner (50/50 does real good in the T18/22). With silica wicks manufactures would put a drop of PG on the coils, not sure if Innokin is doing that with the cotton wicking here. I also think people forget that PG can actually be a benefit. M2L devices (like the T18) you want PG. DL devices a little doesn't hurt.

Riordan

Aug 5, 2016
England
New to vaping too. Been like that acorn chasing little furry thing in the Ice Age movies, felt like him too sometimes, but finally figured the T18...

-Make sure it is fully charged.
-Replace a coil whenever it is burned out.
-Stick to the Innokin five hole coils that taper slightly at the top for best results and fit. These are the exact same type that the starter kit comes with.
-Avoid burning out a new coil by filling the tank 'four holes high'.
-Don't fill over the fourth hole as this can flood the tank.
-Place it on its stand and let the coil soak the juice up for ten mins. Then, turn the pen on its head and let soak for another couple of mins.
-Make the first couple of draws slow, short ones.
-After that, just avoid quick, harsh draws or taking too many in succession: three or four slow, controlled draws, rest, repeat prevents overheating, drawing up liquid and burning coils.
-Regularly take out the drip tip, blow through it into a paper towel and give the device a shake with a paper towel over the head of the tank, and wipe out any leaked juice after to minimise chances of getting juice in your mouth and prevent any mad gurgling.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I use the T18 tanks daily and have got 8 weeks out of a coil. Higher PG juice works best and High VG does not wick right unless it is thinned with some drops of distilled water. I do have some Halo high VG that is very thin, it works fine, but if the VG is thick, it doesn't wick well in T18's. I let my tank sit for 15 min to soak up juice, never a dry hit with higher PG juice.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Quite - but I don't believe the manual actually suggests this. It says fill the tank and wait 5 minutes - in my experience even waiting 15 minutes without priming is insufficient.
    Agreed. I haven't got mine yet, but after a few years priming cartos as recommended I've found the best way for me was to absolutely flood it and blow it out. It's then primed thoroughly and immediately ready for use.

Riordan

Aug 5, 2016
    England
    I use the T18 tanks daily and have got 8 weeks out of a coil. Higher PG juice works best and High VG does not wick right unless it is thinned with some drops of distilled water. I do have some Halo high VG that is very thin, it works fine, but if the VG is thick, it doesn't wick well in T18's. I let my tank sit for 15 min to soak up juice, never a dry hit with higher PG juice.

Cheers for the heads up on that one. Yet to experiment with PG / VG %. Just went for anything around 50/50. On 60pg / 40vg at the minute. Was more concerned at getting the right level of nic' after 13 years of 20 a day and having never once even tried to quit. Will try some higher PG next time I hit the Vape shop. Sommet I need to do some more research on for sure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread