Problem with Vaporesso cCell Coils

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by Ansor71, Mar 3, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Db75

Db75 Full Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Rome (Italy)
    @Robfisher : The Estoc it's just on selling Rob , just bought one (arrival for tomorrow) with a stock of EUC Ceramic coils , let's see how will work ... I'm with You thinking this is a step forward on the perfection for ceramic , so please consider to do a comparison video-review between the normal Ccells and the EUC ones ... thanks for all Rob !

Robfisher likes this.
  2. Db75

Db75 Full Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Rome (Italy)
    @Robfisher : Rob , today I received a mail from Uwell , linking me an article regarding "The Truth and Science behind Ceramic Coils" , could You please read it and report us what do You think about ? It's a mere commercial operation denigrating other companies , or could be something truthful ? Thanks again Rob .

Here the link :
    The Truth and Science behind Ceramic Coils

3. dennism

dennism Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2015
    this report scares me, i've been using ccell ceramic coils for months. it might be time to rethink.

4. Robfisher

Robfisher Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 21, 2014
    Durban, South Africa
    Yip I read it when it came out and my initial thought was that it was sour grapes because UWell have had so much crap with thier coils... thier coils were so crap I got rid of my Crown tank the same day... and I still think it's sour grapes because a lot of tests were done when the cCell appeared on the scene and caused such a stir... could there be some truth it the report? Yes there could be but I'm not technical enough to make that call... am I going to continue using cCells? Yes I am... I have been using them for months and months now with no ill effect... I think it another scare mongering technique just like Diacetal was...

Right now I am using an RBA with a Cotton Bacon wick mostly because I think the Serpent Mini 25 is probably the best flavour tank (for my Litchi Menthol Juice anyway) ever made with zero leaking. I still use cCells in my Melo 3 Mini (2ml) tanks for testing juices and as a backup if I run out of time to pit stop my gear.

But I will be keeping an eye on ceramic coil developments. I'm surprised Vaporesso hasn't come out and made a staement on the issue.

Royalgipsy likes this.
  5. birdfor3

birdfor3 Moved On

Jul 15, 2015
    a.) didn't say you were lying, suggested it be possible since what you're saying matches up with NOTHING that is standard experience with the tanks

b.) though you do a bit of humblebragging, at least you were helpful - I now know the SS ccells fit the Melo Mini if I chose to go that route. appears no one validated that yet.

c.) it's cool that the tank works for you, but I WOULDN'T LIE either. It's completely average by any standard; taste get muted, tank gets hot. vaporessos also eat up ejuice like crazy.

d.) that drip tip is huge. good lord. At first I was like - that's not a Melo Mini. lol. It's pretty though.

6. DrTorben

DrTorben Full Member

Aug 27, 2016
  7. DrTorben

DrTorben Full Member

Aug 27, 2016
    Well, I have to make 5 posts to share a link..

8. DrTorben

DrTorben Full Member

Aug 27, 2016
    I think this link that I will share with you soon, will get some new perspective on ceramic coils

9. DrTorben

DrTorben Full Member

Aug 27, 2016
  10. DrTorben

DrTorben Full Member

Aug 27, 2016
  11. DrTorben

DrTorben Full Member

Aug 27, 2016
  12. Imfallen_Angel

Imfallen_Angel Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2016
    Ottawa area, Canada
    Silly question, but have you lowered your wattage? If in Temp Control, many don't realize that you can lower the wattage (as it's default at 75W).

There's only ONE person that I know that had heat issues with their Pico and Melo3 tank, and that was it, they didn't realize that they needed to lower the wattage. Once done, it was all good.

13. Imfallen_Angel

Imfallen_Angel Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2016
    Ottawa area, Canada
    UD can't get decent ceramic done, it's their problem. The other companies using ceramic have all proven that they use a verified process and the ceramic is a lot more solid and stable than what UD shows.

I've done tests, others have done tests, and no powder or residue or anything as per this report.

So it's not the truth nor science.

The main problem with ceramic is that the pores are very small and they do gum up from sweeteners fairly fast.

Robfisher likes this.
  14. gigetto

gigetto Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 25, 2014
    Italy
    But in this operations you burn the cotton, the filling juice material of the ccell....

15. Db75

Db75 Full Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Rome (Italy)
    @Robfisher : Got my ESTOC Mega a week ago as I said in the previous post ... think I'm really a lucky guy because I immediatly got the airlock issue (dry hits after a couple of puffs with no feedings bubbles , it resolve only loosing the top cap , when doing this it immediatly start to bubble again) ... Rob , I found your post in another forum talking about this , do you think it's a tank related problem or a coils one ? Really I can't neither imagine to walk around with a tank not tight enough ...

16. birdfor3
    This message by birdfor3 has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Oct 22, 2016, Reason: Nope. Being rude is not permitted..
    Oct 21, 2016
  17. PurpleDragon

PurpleDragon Full Member

Jun 20, 2016
    Gloucester, MA
    I struggled with my Pico/Melo 3 for a long time having bad/inconsistent luck with the original Melo heads included, Melo heads from FastTech, Atlantis clone heads, the Atlantis RTA head, the eLeaf ECR RTA, and Atlantis ccels. Finally I tried the authentic Vaporesso .5ohm ccels kanthal which I bought from FastTech and they have been great. I've used two of them and each lasted almost a month. Maybe I've just got a "good batch" but hopefully my search is over 'cause these are great.

18. PurpleDragon

PurpleDragon Full Member

Jun 20, 2016
    Gloucester, MA

great advice, i fried my coil in almost immediately doing this

19. Robfisher

Supporting member
    Feb 21, 2014
    Durban, South Africa
    Bummer! Sorry to hear that @Db75! The dreaded airlock issue is related to the cCells and is worse in some tanks. When I tested the ESTOC tank I only used it for a few days and mine was fine with no airlocks. The whole ceramic coil story has been major ups and downs and has ranged from awful to outstanding. I found the best ceramic tank and coil combo was the Melo 3 Mini (2ml) with 0.6Ω Stainless Steel cCells.

But I have moved onto Serpent Mini 25's now because the quality of the vape is even better than the ceramics and a lot less of a fight! If you do build your own coils give the Serpent Mini 25 a go with a single Nichrome 24g build 3mm to 3,5mm diameter, 7 wraps and wick with Bacon Cotton...

20. CocaNilla

CocaNilla New Member

Nov 3, 2016
    This seems to be the case in my experience with the cCELL as well. The one that came with my Vaporesso was fantastic, but the extra coil in the package and the new one I just bought at the store are absolutely terrible. I am ready to give up, rather than waste my money on the hit or miss batches of coils. I think it's time to invest in a new set-up, before I end up smoking cigarettes again.

21. Robfisher

Supporting member
    Feb 21, 2014
    Durban, South Africa
    Best RTA ever made is the Serpent Mini 25... all my cCell coil tanks are now on the sidelines...

PS The new Estoc tank form Vaporesso is worth looking at because the ceramic coils are a whole lot better... they wick easily and the flavour is very good.

If you build your own coils then the SM25 is the one... if not and you like ceramic coils then the Estoc.