Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Well, what to do about a glass tank for my Triton?? Woah is me!

I'm sorry to say this, but we're going about this backwards.

The Triton is all about the tank. That great tank with good vapor and taste, easy to replace a coil, it cleans fairly easily, lasts a long time, doesn't leak, etc. All the things we love about it.

Triton Batteries are excellent as well, long discharges, short charges, and they are made for the Triton tank.

If you want a glass tank, I'd find a battery that works on it. You can get an itaste vv for $25 to 30. It has VV, digital readout, and the threads that might work on whatever else you might want.

striderrblu

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2014
Albany, NY, USA
eGo batteries will have a 510 thread (inner threading) and eGo thread (outer threading)
So you can use 510 on any eGo battery.

This does not go the other way though. So if you want a Protank Mini 2, you'll definitely need some sort of eGo battery, as the tanks are only eGo threading and may not make contact correctly.

So, eGo battery -> accepts eGo and 510
eGo tank -> only goes to eGo battery

You'll need an 808d-1 to eGo to use a ProTank 2/PT2 Mini on a Halo Battery.

But the Halo tanks are great, is having a pyrex tank that important?

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA
eGo batteries will have a 510 thread (inner threading) and eGo thread (outer threading)
So you can use 510 on any eGo battery.

This does not go the other way though. So if you want a Protank Mini 2, you'll definitely need some sort of eGo battery, as the tanks are only eGo threading and may not make contact correctly.

So, eGo battery -> accepts eGo and 510
eGo tank -> only goes to eGo battery

You'll need an 808d-1 to eGo to use a ProTank 2/PT2 Mini on a Halo Battery.

But the Halo tanks are great, is having a pyrex tank that important?

Only when you want to vape a juice that is a 'tank cracker' i.e. cinnamon, citrus, and some soda flavors. I have personal experience, sad to say. I lost 2 Triton tanks that way:(

leelee.d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
Central Alabama
I ordered an Innokin Cool Fire 1. A friend of mine has one and recommended it last night while we were hanging out at the local watering hole. He led me in the right direction and told me what I needed to order. I love my Triton though and always will! It will always be my "go to" vape. I'm only going to use the Cool Fire 1 when I want to vape tank crackers. Last night at the bar, soooooo many people stopped at our table inquiring about our vaping. It was so cool to educate folks!

gopher_byrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
Peoples Republic of California
I ordered an Innokin Cool Fire 1. A friend of mine has one and recommended it last night while we were hanging out at the local watering hole. He led me in the right direction and told me what I needed to order. I love my Triton though and always will! It will always be my "go to" vape. I'm only going to use the Cool Fire 1 when I want to vape tank crackers. Last night at the bar, soooooo many people stopped at our table inquiring about our vaping. It was so cool to educate folks!

At least the Cool Fire 1 is normal looking. The new Cool Fire looks like a grenade. I could see what kind of consternation that would cause with TSA at an airport. It seems like I live in airports incase you didn't know...

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Good for you, leelee. I looked at the cool fire 1 and it looks solid. Get 2 or 3 batteries for it and you'll have a nice compliment to the mighty Triton.
And I have no doubt you'll let us know your reactions to the various tanks and how they compare.

So, what is your first tank crakin juice gonna be?

leelee.d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
Central Alabama
Good for you, leelee. I looked at the cool fire 1 and it looks solid. Get 2 or 3 batteries for it and you'll have a nice compliment to the mighty Triton.
And I have no doubt you'll let us know your reactions to the various tanks and how they compare.

So, what is your first tank crakin juice gonna be?

Well, I have some Cinnamon Roll and Hot Tamale that I'm itching to try!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread