Status
Not open for further replies.

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
Maybe you missed that post Seek. I am trying to do my best making a lot of things right now and at the same time I try to keep the serial list alive. :)

I am sure that enough serials will not be bought because 3 years past from the announcement of the serials list, so maybe all people will manage to buy Proteus on the first wave. The serial will be not what they choose in first place but at least it will be lower and also they will have Proteus in their hands very soon
It's ok Imeo I changed my 2105 number, which is a significant anniversary for me, back to a number below 700. That's how excited impatient I am.

AB Dada

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2014
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Awesome video Imeo!

I'm very curious how VIR can avoid burning a completely dry wick. Cotton burns at 240° if it has never touched liquid. Once cotton is juiced one time, it should never burn below 280° due to residual liquid.

But a completely dry wick, never juiced, should absolutely burn at 240°+.

If you set VIR to 260°, lock it, and rewick your Atty, I can not imagine how VIR can sense a totally dry wick.

I know it is your trade secret but I would love to see it in action!

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Imeo, but we , from the list of the low number priorities , when we know which low numbers are canceled and when we can choose our low number?
Thank you! :)

the procedure vod:

you buy your serial
after 1 week you will be able to change your serial
after 1 week Proteus will be shipped :)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Awesome video Imeo!

I'm very curious how VIR can avoid burning a completely dry wick. Cotton burns at 240° if it has never touched liquid. Once cotton is juiced one time, it should never burn below 280° due to residual liquid.

But a completely dry wick, never juiced, should absolutely burn at 240°+.

If you set VIR to 260°, lock it, and rewick your Atty, I can not imagine how VIR can sense a totally dry wick.

I know it is your trade secret but I would love to see it in action!

yes, it can sense a totally dry wick AB. I will make a video tonight I hope. Beco told me that on other devices the cotton will get burned immediately but not on VIR. I decided to add this feature after he told me that lol

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
okay so how will this work exactly imeo? i current have a number in the 900's. so during the first preorder, i can pay for mine, and then after the first week you will release the remaining numbers in the 700 and then i can pick a new number? sorry i dont really understand how it works

sure jes:)

you buy your serial
after 1 week that preorders will close, you choose another serial (if its available)
after 1 week that "changing serials procedure close", Proteus is shipped to you

AB Dada

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2014
Chicago, Illinois, United States
yes, it can sense a totally dry wick AB. I will make a video tonight I hope. Beco told me that on other devices the cotton will get burned immediately but not on VIR. I decided to add this feature after he told me that lol

Yeah I gave it some thought and realized what the functional code would be doing.

Basically, after engaging the atomizer, VIR is polling the titanium temperature (based on the acceleration of watts or delta watts) in real time 2000 times per second. After the first few polls, probably as few as 20 or 30, depending on how you're doing averages in bunches (my guess is you poll 25 times and take an average, or 0.04 seconds), you have your temperature reading based on the initial analysis of the coil (the temperature factor variable in the chip and your pre-coded look-up table versus known coil length responses).

If the temperature accelerates too fast (repeated delta wattage positive), it means it isn't just a low juice situation, but a no-juice situation. So in probably 0.16 to 0.24 seconds (4-6 averaged poll batches), VIR is already aware that the wick is completely dry (not just wet-dry) and VIR will reduce to 200C wattage or shut off to prevent the burning of dry cotton at 210C. It's 1/5th of a second, so likely not enough time to significantly burn cotton, although I bet there is a little tiny burn unless you're doing a shut-off even faster (1/10th of a second, or my guess is 2 poll averages)

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com

SSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2011
Evans, GA
I will announce Proteus preorders on a new thread Dam and on this thred too: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/572043-imeo-official-announcements.html

You will buy your serial via your GG seller.

When sellers will have all Proteus in their hands, they will start sending the units to customers :)

You should make it a simple, nonchalant announcement. I suggest using those dudes that blow the horns announcing the entrance of a king, like in movies. Don't make it too "BIG"!!!

Or if you could get a clip of you rolling into a colosseum on a chariot, with Proteus held high above your head….that would be cool too. Just keep it low-key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread