Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
There are a lot of orange acrylic and teal aluminum tips around, but orange and teal is a challenge. There won't be anything made with Tru Stone. The Tru Stone "blanks" (the material blocks the drips are carved from) are the same ones used for high-end pens. Tru Stone is made of real stone powder mixed with resin and, to my knowledge, there is no orange and teal natural stone. From some odd reason, I haven't found any aluminum tips in orange. They seem to be yellow, gold, then red, skipping orange altogether.

You might consider having one made, they aren't really that expensive when you consider you will be getting exactly what you want.

Anyway, I'll keep adding ones that look a bit different.

Translucent might be interesting on a glass tank: Ming Dynasty Drip Tip (Translucent Orange) - $3.99 : Heathers Heavenly Vapes, Top Quality Custom E-Liquids

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
This thread may be moved since it doesn't really involve the provari but wanted the provarian replies!! I have driptips ranging from a couple bucks to 10 bucks and just decided to get a couple glass tips from tripsy--the most I have paid for a driptip!! Do y'all think the tip affects the flavor, vape, etc. other than the way it may feel in your lips due to the type of material it is?? Do you notice any difference in the quality of vape?

I think some tips may not actually affect the direct flavor but the impression of the flavor.
Allow me to explain.
I have some tips that are short & slim which (for me) gives a nice warm vape.
I have slim SS that give a cooler vape.

Then there are the big ones (like the RSST tip) that I HATE to feel in my mouth.
It's too big and instead of enjoying the vape I'm now focused on something taking up too much space in my mouth.

This thread made me think- All my tips cost less than $6 but ever since I got the ProVari I got high end drip tip taste.
Waiting for the Gemini- should be here tomorrow.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I emailed etsy today and ask a couple questions about the colors and it should be spot on, shipped today as well!! My phiniac dolphins tank shipped today as well, so I should be hooked up before game day on Sunday!!

How lovely! You'll be vaping away blowing clouds out of your blowhole.

roonies

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
in the cat toy aisle
I just received 2 tru stone drip tips from Drip Tip Designz today. I love them!! I'll try to post a picture of them on the Provaris tomorrow. Hopefully the IBTanked I ordered to go with one of them will arrive tomorrow too. I would recommend that site. He does beautiful work and the prices are high, but not as high as some places. I paid 25 each for mine.
Oh, I see you got one.....never mind....:)

Both Sagewood Glass and Drip Tip Designz will do a custom tip for you.

Pick a shape and the colors you want.

Last I checked Sagewood's site was down for maintanance, but Drip Tip Designz has a few tips in teal and orange/red in their Tru-stone and Resin categories.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I just received 2 tru stone drip tips from Drip Tip Designz today. I love them!! I'll try to post a picture of them on the Provaris tomorrow. Hopefully the IBTanked I ordered to go with one of them will arrive tomorrow too. I would recommend that site. He does beautiful work and the prices are high, but not as high as some places. I paid 25 each for mine.
I'll be looking for your pics. The two Tru-stone tips I have from them are among my favorites. They are pricey but they most definitely are beautiful and expertly made. :)

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
So, so sad :( I was still looking at tips today and discovered Sagewood Glass has gone out of business. I was hoping to buy one of their tips someday.
Oh REALLY. That is sad. :cry:

How did you learn of this? I had noticed the website had been down for a while, but assumed it was for maintanance.

Edit: I see it on the website now: "Sagewood Glass has closed. Thank you for your patronage." This must have just happened in the last day or so.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oh REALLY. That is sad. :cry:

How did you learn of this? I had noticed the website had been down for a while, but assumed it was for maintanance.

Edit: I see it on the website now: "Sagewood Glass has closed. Thank you for your patronage." This must have just happened in the last day or so.

It appears to have happened in August, but I just saw it today. I hadn't looked at the website for awhile, since the last few times (in July, I think) there were no tips on it.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...drip-tips-carto-tanks-juice-jars-more-20.html

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Now this is what I'am talking about!

1268801_orig.jpg

You put this or any of their tips on a Z-Atty atop a Provari..Whoo Haaa!

I am definitely going to be spending some more $$ to match my attire!

After all you don't go and buy a Brooks Brothers suite and wear Payless penny loafers, why have a Provari with a Z-Atty and a .25 plastic drip tip! derby_smiley.gif

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Now this is what I'am talking about!

View attachment 260171

You put this or any of their tips on a Z-Atty atop a Provari..Whoo Haaa!

I am definitely going to be spending some more $$ to match my attire!

After all you don't go and buy a Brooks Brothers suite and wear Payless penny loafers, why have a Provari with a Z-Atty and a .25 plastic drip tip! View attachment 260174

I have a beautiful Sodalite Tru Stone, but it's huge! I have yet to find a tank set-up it doesn't overpower.

sodalitetip.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread