Status
Not open for further replies.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
It mainly depends on one's vaping pattern...

For instance I take long pulls, very often bordering on 10 secs each, every 30/40 secs; that makes an average of maybe 15 seconds of continuous vaping per minute.

I use an AW IMR 2000 mAh as well, which at my usual 7W on 3ohm would last for about 1h20m of continuous vaping, or close to 500 (of my) puffs. Multiply that time by 4, add some breaks here and there, and it makes for some 7+ hours of actual vaping.

But I'm a chain vaper :)... If you consider more 'normal' (?) vaping patterns, you can easily double that time.

I dont know I vape alot during the day? I do use 30mg e-liquid though so mabey I take shorter pulls?

xpen

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2012
Italy
I dont know I vape alot during the day? I do use 30mg e-liquid though so mabey I take shorter pulls?

well, with 30mg e-liquid I'd hope so :D. I'm on 3mg instead, so that may well be the reason for longer pulls in my case/shorter in yours.

Possibly the only reason I'd ever want to buy an eVic mod would be for getting the vaping stats from it... I'd be really curious to learn how many puffs I actually take per hour, and how long they last.

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
Actually you do! I just did a quick Google search and see there is a tube extension out there. I don't think it kosher to post a link in here so just google it. ;)

:ohmy: I found it! There's a mini in the classies with an 18650 extention :ohmy:

Thanks vaps :)

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
I can now report that the 18650 extension from a full sized Provari V1 does NOT fit the V2 Mini's. :(

They must have changed the threading slightly or something. The new bottom cap off from my Mini will screw onto my old Provari but not the other way around. Strange.... :confused:

Contact Provape... Mine are interchagable....

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
Down the road I might contact them, but these little 18350's are kicking ars right now. I think I'm getting a good 4-5 hours out of them, of course they are new so that'll start dropping over time.
I love the size of these Mini's with the 18350's. Compared to my 18650 V1 I think I found my "out & about" set-up with my Mini DiD on her.
I might turn down a small radius on the bottom cap though. It feels a little too sharp for my delicate sensitive hands. :D

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
I might turn down a small radius on the bottom cap though. It feels a little too sharp for my delicate sensitive hands. :D

You feel the same about the regular cap as I do... Sharp edge,,, Thats why the mini with the extention cap feels right... I like the slightly longer legeth also..

Last edited:

Barto

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2011
Kapetown
I wish I could afford one of these mini's. I tend to like smaller devices in general.
glare.gif
If I could save up I would totally buy one but *vape budget hands*. Thanks for posting about the Mini. I will inquire about one when I get the funds.
Heh, same here man.

cowboy6591

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2013
Liberty, TN
It mainly depends on one's vaping pattern...

For instance I take long pulls, very often bordering on 10 secs each, every 30/40 secs; that makes an average of maybe 15 seconds of continuous vaping per minute.

I use an AW IMR 2000 mAh as well, which at my usual 7W on 3ohm would last for about 1h20m of continuous vaping, or close to 500 (of my) puffs. Multiply that time by 4, add some breaks here and there, and it makes for some 7+ hours of actual vaping.

But I'm a chain vaper :)... If you consider more 'normal' (?) vaping patterns, you can easily double that time.

This 10 second limit is one of the reasons I am surprisingly grabbing my GG clone all the time with a dual coil 1 ohm [total] load. For one It allows me to vape at 16 watts on a full battery and lasts pretty good down to 3.6 volts and starts to get weak on flavor. The BIGGEST reason for my preference is there is NO 10 second limit on the draw. My draws are close to 20 seconds and here is why.

I am trying to 'turn down” the watts for batt life but thats going to take time.

I like to savor the flavor of my coffee and sometimes coffee/cinnamon flavored juice.
Witch brings up a not so commonly discussed “Technique” to e-cig smoking [vaping].

Typically I like to draw 3 times and sqwoosh my tongue up against the roof of my mouth forcing the vape out my nose, slowly but concentrated no inhale. Then after three of those I take one long draw in for the lungs. You won't believe how much more flavor you will savor vaping this way, sort of how a pipe or cigar smoker smokes for the first 3 pulls then a cigarette smokers technique for the last pull. All done wile holding the button down ONCE the whole time!!!!!. Doing this I can cut my flavor expenses in half [I'm a DIY juice-maker]. Use less flavor juice percentage.

I can not do this with a LavaTube or any other computer controlled power supply [MOD] with a 10 second limit.

However this vape business is moving faster then the computer business and like the new
DNA 20 D Chip and it's 20 watt max,
DNA20D By Evolv click on the stats link.

Read the specs here the voltage outputs have some confusion.
I read into the “Normal” voltage column as yielding no more then the 15 watts some others are already achieving.

Then the Vmax 5 amp super stuff at vapor beast dot com.

None of witch has an opt out of the 10 second limit. :pervy:

I love electronic gadgets but my simple mechanical wins the war of

“No Nanny Bovine Scatology” just vape and forget about it.

Use my LavaTube for experiments, ohms check voltage optimum search tests
when rewinding my coils. After that I pop it on the mechanical and enjoy no nanny vaping.

Havent found a computer chip controller out there yet that fits my taste. One I can access with a flash program to eliminate some things I don't want will get my business.:vapor:

xpen

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2012
Italy
Actually provaris have a 15-16 secs cutoff limit, 10 secs draws being my own habit, but I see your point here...

It's always about tradeoffs, I guess: somehow lesser performance Vs. the risk of something blowing up in your face if you don't fully know what you're doing (or just get SoL) :)

This 10 second limit is one of the reasons I am surprisingly grabbing my GG clone all the time with a dual coil 1 ohm [total] load. For one It allows me to vape at 16 watts on a full battery and lasts pretty good down to 3.6 volts and starts to get weak on flavor. The BIGGEST reason for my preference is there is NO 10 second limit on the draw. My draws are close to 20 seconds and here is why. (...)

Tepid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
Somewhere
Several month Vamo v2 and v3 vapor, decided for Christmas that I wanted a Provari Mini.
The Vamo's are now in the drawer and won't see the light of day unless there is an emergency.
I have only been using it a couple of hours, but, the difference really is night and day.
There is no mistaking quality. The Vamo is a step up from a cig-a-like.

The Provari? Is a huge leap from the Vamo.
And the Provari is Made in the USA.

This is no exaggeration, Save your money and get a Provari, you will be glad you did.

Thanks Provape.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Hey, you need to come join the other ProVari fans in either the Saloon, or at least get your official Welcome to the club over in the ProVari forum!

Several month Vamo v2 and v3 vapor, decided for Christmas that I wanted a Provari Mini.
The Vamo's are now in the drawer and won't see the light of day unless there is an emergency.
I have only been using it a couple of hours, but, the difference really is night and day.
There is no mistaking quality. The Vamo is a step up from a cig-a-like.

The Provari? Is a huge leap from the Vamo.
And the Provari is Made in the USA.

This is no exaggeration, Save your money and get a Provari, you will be glad you did.

Thanks Provape.

JeepR KReapR

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
SE Michigan
Purchased a Satin Silver mini for the girlfriend this past Saturday, I've got a metallic bronze with blue LED on order with the extended cap for the 490 batteries. I'm toting an MVP 2 until it gets here (hopefully by the weekend). We're both running Kanger Aerotanks.

I was going to post in the New members thread or the Saloon but it appears I don't have permission to post in either thread? Is there a request process or have those threads been locked?

EDIT: Looks like I found the new saloon thread :)

Last edited:

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Hmm... I tried to join the Provarinati club, and it seems that the model specific forum for Provari is archived? This makes me sad. I just got myself a pink Provari Mini from a local vendor who still had it in stock. Ordered the extension cap and a larger 18450 battery from Provape just now. Boo. I shall go vape my provari.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Just joined the club as well. Picked up my first provari mini last night. Such a smooth vape. Wonderful...
Congratulations!
Poke around for any advice - there's "chit chat" in the Saloon thread, and there's talk and discussions about different tanks or drippers or whatever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread