Differences in Provari mini versions available at Provape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JiGGLiN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
Los Angeles
Although registered member for a while here, I mostly read up and learn vs. posting (for now) and am not able to post this in its appropriate forum so....

Browsing the clearance section of provapes they currently have two offerings of the Provari mini at two different price points...

ProVari V2 Satin Silver Mini - Blem AND ProVari™ Mini V2.0 with Digital Display - Satin Silver - Original Design

The latter has a higher list price and about $20 difference vs. the former.

Doesn't the first also have a digital display? :blink:

Can someone please chime in and let me know what the actual differences are? I'd like to pick one up before everyone gets that tax returns and swoops up all the clearance items.

I just need clarification of the differences each model has to understand why the costs are different.

Thanks in advance for the insight.

J

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hi - the ones on clearance are "blems," meaning there is supposedly a cosmetic blemish on them somewhere. Good luck if you can find it. A lot of members have them and we still can't figure it out - maybe the logo is a little light? There is nothing wrong with them, they work exactly the same as the newer ones. The absolute newest ones have a slightly different pattern on the body, but no update in the electronics. The blems come with the same 1 year warranty as all ProVaris. I love my Blemini Cricket!

Last edited:

JiGGLiN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
Los Angeles
Thanks for chiming in all.

After looking deeper into my confusion, I noticed that the second one I listed is on the clearance page but isn't marked as a blem. I wonder why it is included in the "clearance" section...isn't the price listed the usual "sale price"?

Leaning towards the mini, now deciding on the available LED colors...lol.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I didn't go to the clearance section to try to figure out what blemished Provari's that you might have been comparing the difference in prices. I'll give you some facts that "might" help you figure things out.

About a month or so ago, Provape introduced 2.5 version to update 2.0 version (both the Mini and Standard). The 2.5 version update is completely cosmetic, with just a difference in the body engraving design. There is no difference electronically between V2.0 and V2.5. The Mini and Standard are exactly the same with the same inner electronics, just the length of the tubes being different to accomodate different batteries, and hense different time of use depending upon the battery.

Provape is likely trying to sell off all of their V2.0 surplus off in clearance since they are actively marketing the newer style V2.5 on the website. If there is no mention of one being blemished, it likely has none.

In addition, the red LED display is the default color. Options for the blue LED display cost more, because it cost Provape more to buy them, hense you'll pay more for a blue LED than a red one, blemished or not.

Also, the default color of the Provari is silver. Provape out-sources the colored Provari's to an outside company to paint them with a very durable cerokote paint finish. This costs Provape more in manufacturing costs, so they will charge you more for the color option.

Maybe this additional information sheds some light onto your confusion.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Thanks for chiming in all.

After looking deeper into my confusion, I noticed that the second one I listed is on the clearance page but isn't marked as a blem. I wonder why it is included in the "clearance" section...isn't the price listed the usual "sale price"?

Leaning towards the mini, now deciding on the available LED colors...lol.

I haven't looked at the page today, but my guess is the non-blem ones on clearance are full-size/older series series/older body pattern (parallel lines instead of "crop circles")

The LED choices are red and blue (which cost extra) they sometimes have green, but those sell out fast. I have a satin silver mini with a blue LED.

ETA: Pay more attention to Baditude, he knows better. I am just one of his minion.

Last edited:

JiGGLiN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
Los Angeles
Thanks...placed my order last night for a v2 mini satin silver and coughed up the extra $$ for the blue LED- had a hard time deciding between that and the red. Didn't want any buyers remorse on that so I went for it since I'm planning on keeping it for a long time.

Next up is picking up some batteries and a cheap & reliable charger. Remember reading somewhere here the cheaper route would be to buy elsewhere- RTDvapor I believe was mentioned.

Suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated in this next leg of this journey to vapor bliss. :)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Congratulations! I also have silver/blue - you will love it! RTD seems to be the place most people buy their batteries; next is Super T Manufacturing. Unfortunately, both places were out of 18350s the night I ordered my mini and I didn't want to wait.

I had a hard time finding the batteries and a reasonable priced charger that night, every place was out of stock (New Year's I guess). I ended up ordering 2 batteries and a charger from Elecronicstix (I've since bought 2 more batteries from RTD). Below is the charger I got. "Xtar" was recommended to me since I couldn't afford a Pila. I've been happy with it, but I should have gotten one that also charges 18490 batteries. I didn't get the extension cap for the mini, and I'm not sure if I will, but it occurred to me that if I did ever order the cap I would have to order a new charger to go with the 18490 batteries.

ElectronicStix.Com · XTAR MP2 16340/18350/15270 Li-ion Battery Charger

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I didn't go to the clearance section to try to figure out what blemished Provari's that you might have been comparing the difference in prices. I'll give you some facts that "might" help you figure things out.

About a month or so ago, Provape introduced 2.5 version to update 2.0 version (both the Mini and Standard). The 2.5 version update is completely cosmetic, with just a difference in the body engraving design. There is no difference electronically between V2.0 and V2.5. The Mini and Standard are exactly the same with the same inner electronics, just the length of the tubes being different to accomodate different batteries, and hense different time of use depending upon the battery.

Provape is likely trying to sell off all of their V2.0 surplus off in clearance since they are actively marketing the newer style V2.5 on the website. If there is no mention of one being blemished, it likely has none.

In addition, the red LED display is the default color. Options for the blue LED display cost more, because it cost Provape more to buy them, hense you'll pay more for a blue LED than a red one, blemished or not.

Also, the default color of the Provari is silver. Provape out-sources the colored Provari's to an outside company to paint them with a very durable cerokote paint finish. This costs Provape more in manufacturing costs, so they will charge you more for the color option.

Maybe this additional information sheds some light onto your confusion.

Hint:
    My silver one with a red LED works just fine.

JiGGLiN

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Congratulations! I also have silver/blue - you will love it! RTD seems to be the place most people buy their batteries...

I had a hard time finding the batteries and a reasonable priced charger that night, every place was out of stock (New Year's I guess). I ended up ordering 2 batteries and a charger from Elecronicstix (I've since bought 2 more batteries from RTD). Below is the charger I got. "Xtar" was recommended to me since I couldn't afford a Pila. I've been happy with it, but I should have gotten one that also charges 18490 batteries. I didn't get the extension cap for the mini, and I'm not sure if I will, but it occurred to me that if I did ever order the cap I would have to order a new charger to go with the 18490 batteries.

ElectronicStix.Com · XTAR MP2 16340/18350/15270 Li-ion Battery Charger
    Thanks for the info! I was thinking about getting the Xstar WP2 ll- which I think would charge ALL the batteries utilized by both versions of the provari (with an extra set of spacers for the smaller batts in the mini). Am I correct?

I actually DID order the blem model. I guess I accidentally omitted that in my last post. Whoops!

"Red pill or blue pill". I know they are functionally the same... I've just always been partial to the color blue, but the frugal side of me was telling me to save the extra cost and use it towards the other needed accessories for the best bang for my buck. :)

LV SuzyQ

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Thanks for the info! I was thinking about getting the Xstar WP2 ll- which I think would charge ALL the batteries utilized by both versions of the provari (with an extra set of spacers for the smaller batts in the mini). Am I correct?

I actually DID order the blem model. I guess I accidentally omitted that in my last post. Whoops!

"Red pill or blue pill". I know they are functionally the same... I've just always been partial to the color blue, but the frugal side of me was telling me to save the extra cost and use it towards the other needed accessories for the best bang for my buck. :)

Hi Jigglin,

Congrats on your Provari! I'm sure you will love it as we all do :) once you get setup please post on my "Show me your face and your Provari thread in the Provari forum .. I love meeting new Provari owners and seeing who they are. Happy vaping.:vapor:

JiGGLiN

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Hi Jigglin,

Congrats on your Provari! I'm sure you will love it as we all do :) once you get setup please post on my "Show me your face and your Provari thread in the Provari forum .. I love meeting new Provari owners and seeing who they are. Happy vaping.:vapor:

Thank you and will do. I was actually browsing your thread yesterday. :)

I'm sure I'll be visiting the provari forum more often to keep up with things and absorb some knowledge from members.

I too hope that I will not be able to quickly find the "blem".

Romeh

Mar 8, 2013
    Penticton BC
    • Deleted by sonicdsl
    • Reason: Spamming for postcount

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 12, 2012

That charger will work, but it needs spacers for the 18350s. Read the fine print before you order - some vendors include 2 spacers and some make you buy them separately.

JiGGLiN

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2011
    Los Angeles
    That charger will work, but it needs spacers for the 18350s. Read the fine print before you order - some vendors include 2 spacers and some make you buy them separately.

Thanks for the insight. I just placed an order last night. Hopefully it comes with at least a pair of spacers, I bought one set elsewhere with my batteries.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread