Putting down the protanks.

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by nodpaige, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nodpaige

nodpaige Senior Member ECF Veteran

I really have not had any major problems out of my protanks but I got a FULL SIZE RUSSIAN, and a clone of the Kayfun by tobeco and I tell u I have got one more on the way it is the best vape well to me it is.

2. Markus765

Markus765 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I really REALLY hate hearing that! That means at some point I won't be satisfied where I am, & I'll just HAVE to step up! :laugh: Good for you!

3. Jnoverfelt

Jnoverfelt Full Member

That's awesome I'm looking At making the switch now but I can't find one that will fit a VTR

4. bucken

bucken Full Member

What is it that makes it so different?

5. iamzg

iamzg Senior Member ECF Veteran

I have an HCigar KF clone and still am an avid PT user. If I could afford to run 6 KFs maybe I'd be KF only, but that's a little ridiculous.

6. gm91z28

gm91z28 Full Member Verified Member

Have you tried rebuilding a protank head with cotton ? In my opinion cotton taste better than silica. The silica gives me a minute funky aftertaste. I also prefer the taste of my kayfun but while im out and about i prefer to take my protank style tank. I usually keep an extra rebuilt head around just in case but i have not had any problems.

7. Lexx

Lexx Senior Member ECF Veteran

Took the Dremel to my VTR a while back, it currently sports a Pulse genesis RBA clone. Fits beautifully and hits like a freight train.

[​IMG]

8. santoki

santoki Senior Member Verified Member

the kayfun mini v2.1 would fit a VTR

9. Lexx

Lexx Senior Member ECF Veteran

Taifun GS fits an uncircumcised VTR. Sticks out the top quite a bit but it's a great tank and makes a nice combo with the VTR.

10. Jugband

Jugband Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

My VTR has been gathering dust since I got into RBA's. But it's been well worth the trade off!

11. vaperature

vaperature Moved On Verified Member ECF Veteran

I really want to upgrade but I'm still not at the point where I can shell out $100 or $200 for a tank or atomizer or even a mod, as much as I would love it.

12. iamzg

iamzg Senior Member ECF Veteran

Thats hot.

13. dr210910

dr210910 Senior Member ECF Veteran

I like my protanks all 5 of them....lol

14. certus11

certus11 Super Member ECF Veteran

15. nodpaige

Yes I rebuild mine too like I said I dont have no complaints about my protank one or 2 and I dont use silica either I love the cotton. Lol

16. nodpaige

To me the way its set up with the chimney style its just make the flavor better. I am using 28 gauge kanthal 12 wraps coming out at 1.6 ohms vaping it on 11 watts.

17. nodpaige

What kind of dremel and with which cutting tool did u use. I might try that with mine.

18. cvedrick

cvedrick Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mu AGR+ blows all of my protanks and aspires away, now I am wishing I had not bought so many of them. But they did do their job, just not nearly as well as the AGR+

19. Micsubin

Micsubin Full Member

My only complaint about my protank 3 is that it floods out. I'm not sure if it's user error o a regular issue with tank type.

20. type911

type911 Full Member

I love my protanks. I keep my mods and rba's for home and driving. Use my MVP and protanks for work. Just my preference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.