Can't get away from Protanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

elfy

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2013
Elfland, everywhere, USA
I got protank II minis too and I dont mind them *now* that I can redo coils.

I watched this video and it was quite helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrvwOf13U-s

you will need a few things, 5/64ths drill bit, some kanthal wire (32 gauge might be your best bet), ohm meter or some way to test your coil, and I used CVS sterile cotton for my wick (3 bucks for probably a 5 year supply).

I want some more tanks too, but I dont know which RBA to get. Oh and a mod of some sort...oh and some more juices ...and..and...oh noes.

I need moar stuffs.

Anyways, I did some coils and its not that bad, not when you are wrapping it around something so you can make them nice and even.

Oxtail

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
SoCal
I've been a clearo guy since I started and really haven't had any issues with them. I just bought a pyrex carto tank to try out and it's pretty nice so far. It's a little fiddlier to fill(priming the carto and using the filling tool), but seems more trouble free to use once filled because you don't have to worry about weird wicking issues and burnt hits.

It was less than $9 at SureVapes: Smok Pyrex U-DCT v2

A pretty affordable way to try out a carto tank.

I'll keep using both Protanks/iClears and the carto tanks with different juices to see which ones I like better in which tanks.

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
I've been a fan of the protanks & minis since I got mine. Haven't had any issues outside of the norm at all. I was talking with the guy at the shop last night about mods, RDAs and such, just picking his brain...... expanding my own. He did say that when I felt ready to move on, he'd probably recommend the genesis first. He's really helpful..... till someone with a mod walks in, lol. Then he goes all "SQUIRREL!!" on me. I get it.

sda2010

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2010
Pittsburgh
I've been a fan of the protanks & minis since I got mine. Haven't had any issues outside of the norm at all. I was talking with the guy at the shop last night about mods, RDAs and such, just picking his brain...... expanding my own. He did say that when I felt ready to move on, he'd probably recommend the genesis first. He's really helpful..... till someone with a mod walks in, lol. Then he goes all "SQUIRREL!!" on me. I get it.

...Squirrel?

jwag1973

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
Saint Louis, MO.
The Protanks work fine and holds it's own with reguards to Clearo's. I suggest reading "Baditudes Cartomizer" blog. I recently got a IBTanked Cartomizer Tank and so far I'm liking it a lot. To me, that flavor and draw are much improved. To refill takes a few minutes longer, but the extra effort will reward you. Good luck!

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Thanks NW that zmax mod was my one year vaping gift to myself, the oddy clone(oddity) I've had for 4 months. Was so happy with it after rebuilding protanks and t3'sI keep a strict vaping budget of 40 a month that's why it took so long for me to get it. Saved a ton of money though.

Cobra genny is way too small, wick hole is tiny, and yes fastechs for the most part are clones. The oddy is more like a bottom coil, really a mid coil. Not made for mesh. Silica wicks.com has a decent price on the oddity. 25 should be average. Just has to have two piece top part.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Yes plastic. What objection do you have against plastic other than thinking glass and metal are better materials so therefore protanks must be better?

Glass and stainless steel are the health concious choice.
I'd eat from a plastic plate or drink from a plastic cup, but at home my default setup would be stone plates, glass cups and stainless steel utensils.

You also taste the plastic, and of course there's going to be different qualites of plastic- some more toxic thank others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread