Question About Subtank Mini RBA (and OCC too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twicehorn

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2014
Dallas
So I have a Subtank Mini and have been using the RBA deck. It's one of the new models, so like the OCC coils, it has the two openings on the side, which are a decent distance (several mm) above the bottom of the tank.

It looks like once the juice gets below those openings, there's danger of dry burn, yes? Do you just keep tilting and rolling to avoid them and to "finish" the tank?

anthonyiro

Mar 24, 2015
Michigan USA
Hey whats up i been using the rba for a while...your talking about the subox one? i find that it still winks fine but you should still tilt it a bit here and there if you keep hitting it when all the juice is tilted too one side it may give you a dry hit but if the e juice is higher than half of the juice flow holes you should be fine

JavaJunkie

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Virginia
It's been my experience that the tank can get a bit leaky when the fill level is below the juice feeder holes. I top off when it gets to that level. If I have to let it run low, I'll usually tilt it, but I can't tell if that's making a difference or if I just think it does. I'm using rayon as my wick. Not sure if that information helps you or not. When I used cotton, the RBA plus cut down on the dry hits, but I still got some. Could have been my build. Some of my earlier builds had way too much wick.

Twicehorn

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2014
Dallas
Thanks, yeah. I have been tilting a little and notice that it seems slightly leaky before a new fill. Don't notice much actually coming out, but the base feels "juicy" when I unscrew it. I use cotton and try to cover the holes and that seems to work just fine.

Overall, this is a really good tank. I have almost zero complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread