Question... How to make the perfect menthol cig blend

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by BarTendor, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BarTendor

BarTendor Full Member Verified Member

Hi all... I am on a quest to make the best menthol mix that has a Newport or kool mild taste.
    my first attempt I used 12% flavor from PA my sinuses were clear for 3 days and the mix was bitter, currently I am using a 10 % bubblegum 2% menthol both from PA it has a great taste but is not menthol any help would be appreciated

2. minitater

minitater Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I bought menthol crystals and experimented with them. They dissolve easily in VG or VG/PG mixtures.

3. Astatine

Astatine Super Member ECF Veteran

I have been a Newport Menthol smoker for many years and when I switched to vaping, I looked to replicate a similar taste. I ended up adopting "creme de menthe" with a bit of "coolada" for a while.

I still use this mix, although it is no longer my favorite.

Good luck in finding a good combination that suits your taste buds.

4. vdrum4250

vdrum4250 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

i ould lik ethis info also. i lovethat cooling effect... i wonder what the magic ratio is?

5. classwife

classwife Ask The Vets Manager
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to DIY E-Liquid from New Members

6. salemgold

salemgold ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
  7. kellie

kellie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I use Pure cig from freedomsmoke usa and add a very small menthol crystal and it taste just like a menthol cig

8. elfstone

elfstone Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've been fiddling with this for a while, and I haven't found a "right" combination, but some mixes were very good vapes, at least for me.

I use menthol crystals. I fill a beaker 3/4th with finely crushed crystals and top off with PG. I place the beaker in a warm-hot water bath and stir until everything dissolves. I then use this mix sparingly in juices. About 1% gives a slight cooling effect, 2% a menthol feel mostly on exhale, 3%+ strong menthol taste, above 5% it gets nasty (throat burn, bitter aftertaste).

As for menthol-tobacco, my best achievement (I'm new to this so it might be lame) is 2-3% of my menthol mix over a base of 2% VZ virginia, ~1% either TPA Bittersweet or Capella "Snick-Snack" and 1 drop / 10 ml of TA. I vary things a lot between mixes, so this is just an approximate. Basically I'd play with a "super-concentrated" mild tobacco flavor, a pinch of TA and some nutty / cocoa-ish / bitter note... Hope it helps, as tastes are so subjective. I see people use this "Seedman's commercial cigarette", but I never got it yet...

Another thing I like a lot is menthol + FA peppermint + EM or marshmallow (but that's more like candy-cane than menthol cigarette, lol)

9. PoliticallyIncorrect

PoliticallyIncorrect Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I was a menthol smoker for more decades than I'd care to reveal. One thing I'm sure of is that there's no vapable concoction that will fool you into believing you're smoking the real thing.

That said, the closest I've found is this: FSUSA's Menthol Ultra (which doesn't have the peppermint tones a lot of menthols do) spiked with a little bit of this: Real Cig Super Concentrated Flavor | Alcohol Based Flavoring - E Cig : Joye eGo & eGo-T | Boge Leo | Cartomizers | E-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes | eGo Tank. For a believable menthol, you need Essence of Ashtray—not peppermint.

10. tsunami987

tsunami987 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Tobacco Absolute (TA if you were not aware) is a great tobacco enchancer. Haven't really tried it as a base but if you come across some you'll prolly need to dilute it in pga. Whenever I add it to my tobac mixes it generally adds a bit of TH and kind-of deepens the earthy, tobacco taste. The two VapingZone flavors mentioned are decent. Real cig doesn't do it for me on it's own but mixed with some virginia flue cured, ta, and menthol... Makes a great vape.

11. BarTendor

Trying that mix today... Thanx

12. BarTendor

I agree... It's more of a challenge

13. BarTendor

I'll give it a try

: ecigexpress
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.