Status
Not open for further replies.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Yes you can and plenty have removed them.. you just gota be carefull and use about 3 finger nails for even pressure around the button and remember it's a wood mod and there's a chance you may damage it with enough force.

Rob really don't want you to do it and offers for people to send it in if they want to change the button or what not.

Basicly no tools! Just turn the button all the way to the locked possition and grip the button with 3 fingers and pull. To put it back on you again want to make sure it's in the locked possition first.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Is it press fit just like the metal Reos? I wanted to remove it for polishing but thought I better ask before manhandling my precious.
It's not a piece that Rob intended to come off and on all the time for cleaning. Personally, I'd just put a little bit of tape around the button to protect the wood then polish it up with it still on the mod.

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio
Some 2015 Woodvil buttons come apart easier than others
Mine was easy to remove
One thickness of dental floss will keep the button cover on good
Place the button in the locked position
Cut a small piece of floss about the width of the button then position it so that only one thickness of floss overlaps the button in one place, then push the button cover on
The same button covers used on the metal REOs fit the 2015 Woodvils

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread