Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
My wood never leaves the house - for it's own protection and my own sanity. I would has a sad if I ever lost one of my metal Reo's when out and about, but if I ever lost one of my Woodvilles...

Metal is metal is metal - a replacement black with copper vein will look the same. But if I ever lost "that" Woodville - you know. You will never get another one just like it. The uniqueness of each one is a big reason we love them so much. (At least that's the way I see 'em.)

Miarose

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
West Chester, PA
oh Robin! but the OG's are OG"S!!!! :p
like i told you, i'm just too clumsy, and have had an og go flying across my kitchen before, ruining a coil and breaking a drip tip. i love my woodvils, but i am deathly afraid to break them. it's all about your level of comfort with them :) sell one metal, hold on to the other for a bit. if you're still not using it, then go for it. you know someone will snatch them up fast.

InTheClouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
Murphy, NC, USA
My only wood is a Mini, because it only holds 3mls I don't use it as much as my grands. It has my only minty vape in it for the occasional change of pace. The other reason I don't use it much is the Howards (?) protectant I ordered is not here yet, once It is more protected I will use it more. I just check the classies as often as I can in hopes a Woodvil will pop up, I am usually just a few mins to slow. I don't want to trade the Woodvil 490 for a grown up Woodvil since it was my 1st wood. You know how us girls are when it comes to our 1st wood :blush:

Edit: The Howard Sunshield arrived today, gave my Woodvil 2 coats and she is a gleaming beauty!

Last edited:

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
It's Saturday afternoon. I'm at work doing payroll. My woodie is here with me, helping me keep my sanity (it's working harder than I am!). I only have 2 woodies so they go out and about with me. I should buy a metal one too. I know I'll want one that can take a beating this summer. Yah, yah, that's it! Sorry honey, I need another REO. Our anniversary is in August. I should get it in June, just in case, right? :laugh:

Uno mas

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
San Antonio, TX
As I tend to do with anything new that I am highly (dare I say treasured) fond of I baby it beyond belief. Recently acquiring my first woodvil it's yet to leave the confines of my house, in rotation daily and it now actually has become the first mod I grab walkin' in the door. Maybe at some point it will make it out to the back patio.. :)

4Yankee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2014
United States
I'm old enough now that I think most of the stuff I own is still going to be here when I'm gone.I would still hate for anything to happen to my wood mods,but I want to get all the use out of them I can, while I can.

This just made me a little bit sad. Glad I'm drunk.

Sent from my mind using telepathy

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Well... My VV Woodville goes everywhere with me and I really don't have durability concerns nor do I worry about the finish etc. The only exception is fishing days or heavy rain. If I'm expecting to get soaked, I carry my metal mini.

It isn't because it's wood that I keep it away from water - it's just because it's VV.

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
Picked up my first 3 Woodvils at the last sale. As nice as they are, I still prefer my Grand. Maybe it's just from 3+ years of use, but it just feels better in my hand and I think it hits better. My wife on the other hand, hasn't touched her Grand since she got her woody and will probably not use her Grand again except as a backup.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
You know it, wood floats man :D Wonder if its buoyant enough to stay on top with a batt and 6ml of juice ??
Probably depends on the wood ?

Anyone want to test it ??

As Alice always said,
wood REO's sink!
I remember she even had the VV Grand drop in water. It dried out in the sun for a couple days and worked fine. I do not remember if her VV Woodvil ever took a swim!

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
I would hang on to the REO Grand at least til the novelty wears off on the Woodvil... I did the opposite, I bought the Woodvils first. They were my first and only REO. THEN I just got a Grand, and I like the Grand a bit better. That's ONLY because it's newer, I'm sure... but how can you tell that you will like your Woodvil better in the long run, it's still your newer toy:)!

I resisted buying a Grand for a long time because I just found them a bit too plain, while the Woodvil were appealing because they were wood. Actually, I got mine because I wanted something in bloodwood, so it was literally the wood that made me want the mod. I'm SOOO glad I did, I just LOVE them as a great intro to REO and bottom feeders!!! Then I wanted to see what the big deal with the Grand was... well, I found a way around the plain, and I love em all:
IMG_20140404_004641.jpg

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
I would hang on to the REO Grand at least til the novelty wears off on the Woodvil... I did the opposite, I bought the Woodvils first. They were my first and only REO. THEN I just got a Grand, and I like the Grand a bit better. That's ONLY because it's newer, I'm sure... but how can you tell that you will like your Woodvil better in the long run, it's still your newer toy:)!

I resisted buying a Grand for a long time because I just found them a bit too plain, while the Woodvil were appealing because they were wood. Actually, I got mine because I wanted something in bloodwood, so it was literally the wood that made me want the mod. I'm SOOO glad I did, I just LOVE them as a great intro to REO and bottom feeders!!! Then I wanted to see what the big deal with the Grand was... well, I found a way around the plain, and I love em all:
IMG_20140404_004641.jpg

I LOVE the snakes you put on those! And - none of my metals are Grands. While I love the 18650 Woodvil, I wasn't as crazy about the metal Grand for button placement for ME.

Did you make those snakes?

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
I LOVE the snakes you put on those! And - none of my metals are Grands. While I love the 18650 Woodvil, I wasn't as crazy about the metal Grand for button placement for ME.

Robin, took longer than I expected for you to find GG's custom door.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com

I did:). They are polymer clay, and I'm letting them fully cure, then I'm going to epoxy it all... still debating if I want to epoxy the door first, so I can make the snake background metallic silver, THEN epoxy the snakes so they are jet black on metallic... or keep it black on black...

Haven't done this before, so seeing how well it stands up to abuse too:). I made my own button too on this one:).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread