Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnyHours

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Canada
Hi everyone,

I'm gonna be buying a Reuleaux in a month or 2 and I have a couple of questions regarding both the RX200 and DNA200.
I did do my due diligence regarding both and right now I'm leaning towards the RX200.
However, depending on the answers I get with my following questions I might shell out the extra cash and get the DNA200.

So far I like the simplicity of use of the RX200, I've played a bit with one and it's very straight forward which I like.

However in the world of computers I'm a power users. I like to modify my things and get them running like I want too.

Right now I own a istick TC100w, which I'm pretty satisfied with aside from a few things I find annoys me. Changing the wattage in TC mode is a pain. Navigating between Power, TC Ni, TC Ti, TC SS, TC M1, TC M2, TC M3... If I had my way I'd only have Power, TC SS and a custom TC M1 for my SS Crown coils. I'd also like to have the % of battery shown on the screen and Voltage shown in TC mode, just because well, I like it.

So here are my questions regarding the escribe software/DNA200...

1. Can it be ran on a virtual computer on a Mac?
2. Just how much can you modify the DNA200? Can you do simple modifications like removing certain TC options? Could you change button layouts/functions depending on the profile.
3. I know the Reuleaux is pretty big, I've fallen in love with my Griffin, and I'm wondering if the Griffin TAF 25mm would fit on it with any overhang?

If you examples of what can be done and what can't be done in the escribe software for the DNA200 chip it would immensly appreciated. It's mostly to see to know if I could make the modifications to make so it's pretty much free of anything useless and if it can be setuped the way I wan't it to act.

Also another important question, what's the minimum amperage required for the batteries in the Reuleaux? Would LG HG2 do the job at 20A or a 25A or 30A battery is necessary?

Thanks a whole bunch!

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Hi everyone,

I'm gonna be buying a Reuleaux in a month or 2 and I have a couple of questions regarding both the RX200 and DNA200.
I did do my due diligence regarding both and right now I'm leaning towards the RX200.
However, depending on the answers I get with my following questions I might shell out the extra cash and get the DNA200.

So far I like the simplicity of use of the RX200, I've played a bit with one and it's very straight forward which I like.

However in the world of computers I'm a power users. I like to modify my things and get them running like I want too.

Right now I own a iStick TC100w, which I'm pretty satisfied with aside from a few things I find annoys me. Changing the wattage in TC mode is a pain. Navigating between Power, TC Ni, TC Ti, TC SS, TC M1, TC M2, TC M3... If I had my way I'd only have Power, TC SS and a custom TC M1 for my SS Crown Coils. I'd also like to have the % of battery shown on the screen and Voltage shown in TC mode, just because well, I like it.

So here are my questions regarding the escribe software/DNA200...

1. Can it be ran on a virtual computer on a Mac?
2. Just how much can you modify the DNA200? Can you do simple modifications like removing certain TC options? Could you change button layouts/functions depending on the profile.
3. I know the Reuleaux is pretty big, I've fallen in love with my Griffin, and I'm wondering if the Griffin TAF 25mm would fit on it with any overhang?

If you examples of what can be done and what can't be done in the escribe software for the DNA200 chip it would immensly appreciated. It's mostly to see to know if I could make the modifications to make so it's pretty much free of anything useless and if it can be setuped the way I wan't it to act.

Also another important question, what's the minimum amperage required for the batteries in the Reuleaux? Would LG HG2 do the job at 20A or a 25A or 30A battery is necessary?

Thanks a whole bunch!

1. Yes, I use virtual box on my mac and run the escribe software from there. HOWEVER, its good to have a windows computer handy, if you're firmware update crashes you're going to be left with a brick mod and the only way to fix it is to plug the device in a PC that runs windows with escribe.

2. You can do ALOT with the DNA200 chip. Multiple presets, csvs for TCR and TFR, modify your welcome screen, what information you want displayed on your screen when idle/firing and when charging. Screen brightness when idle, firing, and charging. Its enough modification for the most seasoned vapors IMHO.

3. There will be no overhang. My 25mm Supreme fits fine on it.

I would suggest going with the RX200. The 510 pin on joytech/wismec devices are suspect at best. I have 2 RX200s and 1 cuboid (joytech products). 1 of the Rx200 and has a 510 that is stuck b/c I installed an atty that has a long 510 connection. The cuboid has the same issue after 3 days of usage.

If you're going to shell out that amount of $$$ for a DNA device I would suggest something else. If $$$ wasn't an issue and you like to have your 25mm attys sit flush then check out the boxer DNA200 or DNA133 mod. The Hcigar DNA200 / DNA133 are also nice mods. Panzer DNA200, etc etc.

I've lost confidence in Wismech / Joytech products until they update their 510 connctor.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
You know this whole Joyetech/Wismec 510 thing, I don't think is a big deal for most people. You know when you screw on an atty and at some point you start to feel resistance. Just stop cranking it down further and you should be fine. I have two RX200 and two Reuleaux DNA200 and I haven't had a problem at all. If the gap on the bottom bothers you or you just can't help yourself from cranking it down all of the way, buy those KidneyPuncher Mod Guards (5 for 2 bucks).

I measured the 510 pin and the travel. And it is 3.9mm lower than the top and the pin will push down to 4.6mm. Push it down further and it will likely break. A Kanger Subtank 510 for example is like 4.95mm long. That is like 0.4mm too long to sit flush. Guess what the thickness of those mod guards? 0.4mm thick! That means with the mod guard, you can screw down any 510 pin up to 5mm long. I've never seen any 510 longer than 5mm, but if you have one, use two mod guards. Now you are good up to 5.4mm long for a 510 pin.

If you are interested in anything about the HCigar VT133, I have two of those too.

Reactions: KenD

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Its not a big issue for people that have multiple mods and who can afford to throw $35 bucks at a mod that works with some of their attys but not all. If I started out vaping and this was my first and only mod, I would've been completely thrown off the idea of vaping b/c of the hassle, waste of money, and simply the frustration.

Personally, the bigger issue for me is their warranty and how they refuse to recognize this problem and continue to use the same 510 part for their mods.

Reactions: gofishtx

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Forget the RX200. The RX200s is where it's at. :D
Interesting, but I didn't see anything about whether they addressed the 510 issue. It seems they did address the reverse battery issue and made the screen larger. Now if they fixed the 510 it would show they are listening to the customers and not trying to make a proprietary device.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
someone needs to buy the rx200s and compare the 510 to the original rx200.

[edit] I see this for preorder on 3avape for $45 if you have an account with them. I guess I'll preorder (says shipping May 16th) one and compare it with the rx200 :)
Great, I look forward to your review on this. I'm still not a fan of the Joyetech chip or Wismec warranty, but interesting to know if they changed the 510 connection. I have my eye on a couple of different mods and doubt I will get one of these. I am curious though

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Hmm... I went to the Wismec site and it just said spring loaded on the RX200. It looks the same in the picture of the RX200S which states it as stainless steel spring loaded. The only real difference they are touting is the screen. If the screen is different they may be using a different chipset and/or board. It seems to me that since the latest update raised the wattage they would of stated this as a higher wattage device. Guess we will have to wait for the release to see what has changed.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Is it the "spring" of the 510 thats causing the issue or the actual design of it? I noticed on most of my mods where the 510 isn't an issue (ie: getting stuck), the pin is circular (instead of the edged shape of the rx200, rectangular? Octangular? Don't have the mods with me) and the plastic grommet doesn't sit as high up as the ones on the RX200 or the cuboid.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Reactions: BillW50

PressPlayVape

Mod Addict
ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
CA
Yeah, definitely wait for the RX200S if you're going that way, they fixed the 510 connection which was previously supported by a rubber grip basically instead of a spring, this is basically the version they should have originally released instead of going cheap on the 510 in the launch version. They also threw in a nice bigger screen since they didn't want to call it the 'we fixed the 510' version.

Reactions: bwh79

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Reactions: BillW50
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread