Any thoughts to REULEAUX RX200W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently the wismec been doing a very interesting job, but they will be able to have a good 200w chip Ni / Ti / SS?

INFO:
The RX200, a new version of the reuleaux, designed by jaybo, still features the use of three removable 18650 batteries and reverse polarity protection.However, the RX200 utilizes Wismec's RX200 chip which has a maximum output of 200 watts and advanced temperature control functions which includes: Titanium, Nickel and Stainless Steel modes. The upgradeable firmware and vibrant color options separate this from the rest.

SPECS:
  • Powered by Wismec RX200 Chip
  • Size: 50mm x 40mm x 84mm
  • 0.69 Inch OLED Screen
  • 510 Thread
  • Output Wattage: 1-200W
  • Output Mode: TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS/VW Mode
  • Temperature Range:200°F - 600°F
  • Utilizes 3 18650 Batteries
  • Magnetic Battery Covery
  • Upgradeable Firmware
  • USB Charging

t66m85.jpg

6iuou8.jpg

2sboppd.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jmercury1

marlon671

Verified Member
Jan 26, 2010
BAY AREA, Ca
Idk but for a 200watt, temp control, 3x 18650, and authentic mod for $61? I pre-ordered. Not to mention the slick all black color is pretty neat as well. I know some people are die-hard evolv fan boys and that's alright with me but for the price, it's worth a shot... Worst-case scenario, I can somehow try to work an evolv board in there if all else fails...

I can update with my thoughts on quality and it's functionality when I receive mine if anyone is interested....

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
$61... But it's missing all of the stuff I like about the Evolv board.

It's odd that it so much cheaper. What's the wholesale on an Evolv board? This is $100 cheaper, yet the board couldn't be more then $60.

I think I'm going to see what black friday deals there are. For the original.

Cost of goods on the DNA200 Reuleaux is probably around $70 or$80, with the bulk of that being the board cost. There's HUGE margins on DNA devices because that market is willing to pony up. MSRP of $169 but seeing it discounted as low as $130 tells the tale there.

For the RX200, the zinc enclosure isn't that expensive to produce, say ten bucks, and one of their own Joyetech/Wismec boards probably costs them about another $10 at most. Add a few bucks more for assembly, packaging, distribution, royalties/license fees to JayBo (if he just didn't sell the design outright), and they're still under $30. Quantity wholesale price is probably around $40-$50, leaving a tidy profit for Wismec, and a tidy profit for the retailer even at $61, but MSRP (and B&M pricing) will probably be closer to $100.

I know this much, if it does retail for $61 like some have said, I'll buy one to throw my VT200 board in. Just hoping they keep the board dimensions the same.

Anyone want to buy a Joyetech VT200? Hahaha

Looks like the external display cutout is sized for a 0.91" display still, and the button and USB layout/spacing seems the same, so that leads me to believe doing a DNA200 transplant will be fairly easy.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
The Oort Cloud
Interesting product, have had my first DNA200 product for two days now, the Reuleaux and love it.

I was able to get it for $142.00 roughly so I'm a happy camper. Sold two older MODs on Ebay and the winning bids were higher than what I originally paid for them so I came out well.

vaperXant

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2014
New Mexico
Interesting product, have had my first DNA200 product for two days now, the Reuleaux and love it.

I was able to get it for $142.00 roughly so I'm a happy camper. Sold two older MODs on Ebay and the winning bids were higher than what I originally paid for them so I came out well.
Its not a DNA200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread