quit vaping and have symptoms

Status
Not open for further replies.

david quan

Dec 27, 2015
I never smoked regular cigarettes only vape, I have started last October and stopped last week. I was vaping 21MG all the way down to 9MG, then this past month I switched to 6MG and 3MG and now I called it quits. My question is are these symptoms normal:

Sweating hands and feet
Tingling in hands and wrist
Lung or throat tightening-up
Muscle tightening other then lungs or throat.

If so how long will these last?

Reactions: LeeLee26

david quan

Dec 27, 2015
Sadly no. My hands stopped sweating after I received Botox but not my feet. Normally my feet would be sweat free with Botox, but not this time around. Also I do take medication that has symptoms of sweating, have anxiety that could possibly trigger sweating. I asked both my Primary and Physiology and they told me could be either one of the two.

MMcQ

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2013
Pennsylvania
@Kathy001, If you are asking if you think your husband should go back to smoking after finally quitting with vaping than the answer is no. A majority of the users of this forum are attempting to get off of combustible cigarettes. I have. Others have. Presumably that is the end goal that you have for your husband. If he can quit smoking cold turkey than that would probably be the 'safest' way to approach this. On the other hand vaping is considered at least 95% safer then smoking cigarettes. Side effects are possible, even likely but the side effects of smoking far outweigh the risks as we know them of vaping. In my opinion, the side effects of quitting smoking are about equal to vaping. In the end the choice is ultimately his.
@THE OP.
Sadly no. My hands stopped sweating after I received Botox but not my feet. Normally my feet would be sweat free with Botox, but not this time around. Also I do take medication that has symptoms of sweating, have anxiety that could possibly trigger sweating. I asked both my Primary and Physiology and they told me could be either one of the two.
Playing the devils advocate here but it might be that vaping was actually helping to quash the symptoms that would otherwise be attributed to the medication and/or your anxiety. I'm not a doctor but this is an internet forum, who is? I haven't experienced sweating from vaping but as each of us are individuals there is nothing to say that if I quit I wouldn't. I know that I've had increased anxiety since quitting cigarettes and I still vape. Putting any outside substance into your body and then taking it out can cause problems and cigs had a lot more to them then vape, so its entirely possible that this could be a side effect. It also might not. That may not be a definitive answer to your question but it is something to think about. Hopefully with time everything will settle down. Remember, not a doctor. Keep in contact with yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread