Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK

The next day was mostly downtime. We got together for a last night dinner out which was wonderful.

Card that were sent were placed in a 'Manly Salmon' bag to give to Gioa, I explained the meaning to her and she told me she always argued with Jack that his shirt was indeed PINK!

Here is the card from the REO family.

Last edited:

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK

Jack's daughter Gioa, her husband and their children. Everyone was very gracious and accepting of us being there. That meant a lot to be included with the family and close friends.

The reception room after the service. Around 75 in attendance.

Our little group sharing a final tale and toast to Jack. the entire room toasted this great man and more than one tear was shed but for every tear was a laugh as he would of wanted us to remember the laughter more than shed the tears.

A 700 mile drive back home and exhaustion sets in. The 'dawgs' were very glad to see us again!

Last edited:

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Jack's daughter Gioa, her husband and their children. Everyone was very gracious and accepting of us being there. That meant a lot to be included with the family and close friends.

Our little group sharing a final tale and toast to Jack. the entire room toasted this great man and more than one tear was shed but for every tear was a laugh as he would of wanted us to remember the laughter more than shed the tears.
A 700 mile drive back home and exhaustion sets in. The 'dawgs' were very glad to see us again!

Thank you so very much for these pictures! Your little group reached out for all of us.

Loved the card! It was fitting and well composed.

Next best thing to being there............to pay our last respects.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Great pics Rob. I'm uploading to PB now and will post in a little bit. Thanks so much. Before leaving Bert's to take me to airport...... three geeks..... and we couldn't manage to get my pics/videos from my phone to his external HD without using Bluetooth (BT is soooooooo sloooooooooow especially videos.

We'll get more photos from Bert and Pietro.

Bert and his lovely wife B took us in with big hearts and fully open arms. We were truely a big comfortable family; laid back and so comfortable.

The food, no matter from where, was near orgasmic and 5 star restaurant dining out at such low prices I was shocked. Hotel free breakfast best I've ever had.

Kissies and hugs, Feisty Alice

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

debzcf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
At the shore...
At the memorial service Jack's best friend had us laughing and crying with Jack stories. One was a very abreviated version of "frozen horse and attempted burial at family holiday dinner" Reunion Folks.

Feisty Alice

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Wish I had known Jack -- sounds like a life well lived.

beckyblue

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
Just one more picture of one of Jack's dearly beloved breed that makes me think of how much he'll be forever missed by his REOfamily -

376283_213660082044419_1083881647_n.jpg

I'm so glad his RW family knows how we all feel. I just cannot thank those from REOville who went to honor and celebrate him out of personal friendship, but also on all of our behalves, enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread