Status
Not open for further replies.

FisherPal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2009
Campbell River, BC
Haven't been on the forum for a long time now either and first thing I saw was this thread. Although I never got to know him well, he impressed me greatly with his spirit, his love for life and how he never complained about his own health problems. There are not many people in this world who can have such a positive impact on so many who never even met him. He will be greatly missed here but I expect there was quite a crowd cheering and welcoming him 'home' on the other side. RIP, Jack.

DarbukaDave

Drumming Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2010
Hornell, New York
I'm not always on the fourm but when I am it's mostly lurking around Reoville. I never had one interaction with Jack. However, I did enjoy reading his many funny, smart and well written posts. His youtube reloading video revealed a man who's personality was just as big in person as it was in his ECF posts. I know he had many friends here, and while I won't say Jack was my friend, I will say he was the type of man I would like to have known more.

I will miss Jack's presence here on ECF and my thoughts and well wishes go out to Jack's family and many friends.

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
That was awesome, I wish I'd made it here sooner because I think I'd have really liked him and I always have a soft spot for a vet. RIP Jack!!
We can all share a few laughs today in memory. I do believe it would be his wish.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
0f15a107-bb19-4f8c-affd-0ff69c5d7f62_zps42143d8c.jpg

Dee74

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
Tampa Bay,Fl
OMG, been out of town with limited net and came to the lounge and see all these avatars and my heart sunk. Found this thread and am still in shock. What a great and unique guy who always had a positive outlook and the ability to have me clean keyboards more than once laughing at his crazy antics and articulate posts. Jack you will be so missed, you brought a lot of love and laughter to this forum. So glad you went out doing something you loved, keep dancing Jack.

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
Here are some photos from the trip to Denver for Jack's Memorial Service.
We arrived at the hotel just as the sun was going down Thursday night - View from the Hotel window

The next day at Trippy Tip Bert's house. He and his adorable wife B were incredible hosts and took us in like family. Pictured-Okienurse, Bert, Alice and Pietro

View from Bert's back yard - Nice huh?

Bert and B's incredible dog Kai

Glassy Freddy stopped bye as well

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
The next day was the service, or so I thought. Turns out much to my horror and dismay, I misread the date. So we went to brunch and toasted Jack!

Smile man, we all make mistakes. Trying but not doing a good job. I felt terrible about the mistake. Still do.

Even Alice turned her back on me... Just kidding.

Pietro soaking up the Colorado sunshine!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread