Rba help! why does it pop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfish

Mar 26, 2011
san francisco bay
Hi all! I just got my first rba an a7 from avid. So far I like it but when taking a toot the coil pops! I can feel and hear it. If I take the top off press the button I see vapor and then second later POP you can see bits of niquid and vapor shoot off the coil! The pop is kind of loud and as I said you can feel it while taking a toot? Anybody have any idea why?

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I have the A7 and haven't experienced what you're describing. What wire/resistance are you using? What wick are you using?

My A7 is mounted on my homemade VW bottomfeeder, and to be honest I dunno what resistance the coil is. My mod adjusts output according to my power setting. I'm guessing you have a really porous wick and the coil is heating your nicquid too fast.

Is your nicquid high PG? I use higher VG nicquid, so maybe the thickness of it is a contributor of the popping.

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
Its just doing what it is supposed to do....

Dont get confused with your e-juice poping, and what others refer to poping a coil.

Poping a coil refers to actually burning the coil to a point, where the coil breaks... you dont actually hear a poping sound, and your atomizer wouldnt fire up if the coil pops.

Dont worry about it, the coil is just doing its job of vaporizing the e-juice.

Lance_Wallen

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2011
Fort Worth
www.steammonkey.com
you're getting an interesting physics effect that I won't go into a lot of detail on here because while I think it's interesting, it's probably actually boring.

It's not a big deal, one thing you can do besides turning down the heat is to actually make your wick 'less' effective or increase it's diffusion by adding a little cotton inside the rolled up SS (lots of info on cotton, my recommendation is gauze). Basically you want the liquid to be spread out more thinly than it already is so you don't have enough to create the little bubble of liquid that is getting a vapor barrier around it and then essentially boiling and rupturing sending juice flying.

You can lower the heat, lower the wick effectiveness or increase diffusion. If you're using 350 SS mesh I'd recommend going to 400 or even 500, if you dont' want to do that, try putting a lil bit of cotton inside the roll next time you roll up a wick. That will probably fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread