Rebuilding new Kanger Subtank VOCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ro Botski

Sep 10, 2015
20160206_070221~2.jpg
This is a disassembled Kanger Vertical Organic Cotton Coil. It'll make sense in a moment after I post the steps.

Required
Wire for wrapping coils
Something to wrap the wire on that's about the size of the juice holes (3mm ish)
1x wire cutter/nail clippers etc
Cotton

Steps

Step Two: Grab one of the leads to the stock coil and pull it on out of the coil head.

Step Three: Slide the tapered tip of the chopstick into the top chimney hole of the coil head until the taper stops the chopstick from going in farther.

Step Four: ???
(Just kidding!!!)
Holding the coil head firmly with one hand, place it on the corner of a counter or table, something that won't easily dent. Hold the coil head so that just the very corner of it is touching the table or counter with the threaded down and tap the chopstick with a hammer or mallet and the inner cup should pop out.

Step Five: Now you can build your coil, yaaaaay. You can either build it horizontal or vertical. Totally your choice. I'm not going to get into how to build a coil, as that's been covered all over YouTube and the rest of the internet extensively. Be sure that if you're wrapping a vertical coil you wrap the cotton around it now, but make sure there's not too much at the bottom and that the center of the coil is clear. This is your airflow. Just make sure both legs of the coil are long enough that they'll stick out a bit when you place the coil into the cylindrical cup and stem that you just popped out of the square top section of the coil head.

Step Six: Insert your coil into the cup with the legs running downward and out of the hole in the stem where the pin and grommet came out. Once the legs are sticking out, put the grommet back in with one leg inside the grommet and one leg on the outside of the grommet. Insert the pin into the grommet. Now trim the legs down so that you can't feel them if you run your finger along the edge of the pin and grommet otherwise it will cause a short.

Step Seven: Insert the cup and stem back into the square section as far as you can push it by hand. Lubricate it with juice if you need to. Make sure the holes in the cup that match the holes in the square are lined up for juice flow. Turn the coil head upside down and place it on the counter/table and gently tap it back into place fully with the hammer/mallet. If it's a horizontal coil, feed the cotton through the holes and through the coil and trim the cotton flush with the coil head.

Congrats! You're done! It sounds far more time consuming and complicated than it is and by the third time you'll be able to knock out a rebuild in five minutes or less!

Here's the first one I did... I spent an hour examining the coil head to see how it comes apart and finally figured it out but all I had on hand was twisted 32 gauge kanthal, so I wrapped a quick 2.0 ohms horizontal, 8 wraps.
20160206_114419~2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread