Need help with my vertical coil on kanger aertoank v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

queenz

Dec 10, 2014
Kanagawa, Japan
Hey guys, I was following this tutorial: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ed-kanger-dual-coil-single-vertical-coil.html by leekeylee and built some coils. I'm new to building, but built about 5 and they all came out around 1.2-1.5. I was using a 2mm bit with 6-7 wraps of 28g kanthal.

Anyway, in the post they suggest wrapping cotton around the coil so that it's a tight fit. My coil was kind of small compared to how tall the head is, but I wrapped the cotton around and stuck it in like they showed. There was a gap in the top and I was worried about gurgling/leaking, so I added a ring of cotton above the coil with a hole in the middle for airflow. I popped it in and it was a VERY tight draw. I had the air control thing fully open and it still didn't help. I'm thinking it was the extra cotton on top expanding or shifting and covering the airflow.

So, before I launch back into the build I was wanting some suggestions.
1.) How do you get the chimney off without taking the coil apart? I had to take the pin and grommet out and pull the insides out, then use a hammer and drill bit to pop the chimney off. I also had to hammer the chimney back in because I wasn't strong enough to pop it back in. There has to be a way to get the chimney off without gutting it, right?

2.) Should I use more wraps, a bigger bit, or just keep what I'm doing coil wise and nix the extra cotton on top? I do enjoy my clouds, but I would rather have good flavour instead of huge clouds. If that helps.

Any alternative ways/guides to rebuild this head are welcome. This is my first attempt at building, so I'm open to experimenting with other builds and seeing what works best.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread