Travel and Vaping Rebuilding supplies on planes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreekLion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2012
United States
I recently started rebuilding and regularly fly to Florida from MA. I am thinking of going in a month or so and began thinking about what I would bring as far as supplies. A list similar to this popped up:

-batteries
-Wires
-Wirecutters
-Box mod
-Cotton
-juice in unlabeled bottles

I am the type of person who has a clean record but always gets pulled out of the security line for whatever reason. I am thinking in my head that if security sees these things, there will be a large misunderstanding (I prefer not to type it out).

How do you bring rebuilding supplies? I could just as easily go to a hardware store for some of these items, but I don't want to put trouble on myself by bringing these harmless things. Have you been stopped, or do you just ship them?

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
I always carry on my vaping supplies. Never had any trouble with batteries, small quantities of wick and wire, mods or juice (usually unlabeled small bottles in my liquids baggie). Wick and wire I usually pack together with my RBAs, easier to explain if they ask (they never have, though). Wire cutters may pose a problem, I'm not sure. I carry a cheap set of fingernail clippers for that purpose, works just fine in a pinch and I only once had those taken away from me by security and that was several years ago

As long as everything is packed according to TSA guidelines you should be fine. I'm guessing you're probably flying out of Logan? Never been through that one myself so I don't know if they are stricter, I usually fly out of MHT or BDL when I travel and they've never given me any serious hassles

If you choose to put your supplies in your checked baggage instead you'll probably be fine, but I don't see any problems with carry-on. All but the batteries, of course, those need to be in carry-on per regulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread