Status
Not open for further replies.

djbishybish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2011
Kansas
And he DID start this thread asking someone else to post a recipe....right? ;) No matter what it is, it's not going to be the same.

Not gonna lie though, I'd laugh if he posted it and Don came in with his jaw on the floor because of it being the exact same as his. :laugh:

Dkrom68

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Backwoods NY USA
Dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
I honestly think he is full of it unless he wants to prove me wrong.

You can post whatever you want bro, unlike the govt I dont have a problem with freedom of speach and things of that nature, While it may taste the same I doubt its the same ingredient unless you are a wholesaler and have access to companies in that way cause its not from any company out there ive ever seen mentioned........
Im trying to understand this , Dilution of what the EM crytals ? DO you use some other percent than the recomended 10% ? Or do you mean dilution of a finished bottle like 3% EM in the recipe ?

I was able to make malty Toffee 100% the same with the regular 10% EM . I do know why you need to make this juice in high VG only now though . VG flavoring huh lol . Let me know if you mind me sharing the recipe or not . I dont want to piss anyone off .

Thanks for the recap Lynda, Talk about a blast from the past and the way things were done way back when LOL. How are you and you guys and gals are more than welcome for the little bones I toss out there.
You are correct. Those are the only two that are different ratio from his other brews. When Don first started going commercial, we ordered thru email and he mixed them to our specifications. As he continued to tweak and perfect his mixes, he began mixing them all at 70/30 except for Malty and Malty Toffee. The man is a genius when it comes to ejuice mixing. Very few people complain about his juices and those who do are people who need strong, slap you in the face type of flavors. His are flavorful but very smooth and more on the subtle side. Yep, he's definitely a master.

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas

You can post whatever you want bro, unlike the govt I dont have a problem with freedom of speach and things of that nature, While it may taste the same I doubt its the same ingredient unless you are a wholesaler and have access to companies in that way cause its not from any company out there ive ever seen mentioned........

Thanks for the recap Lynda, Talk about a blast from the past and the way things were done way back when LOL. How are you and you guys and gals are more than welcome for the little bones I toss out there.

I'm doing good Don and hope you are the same. I think about those days a lot. You've come such a long way and I'm so happy for you. I saw your struggles and your success. I wanna be like you when I grow up. <sitting up waiting to fetch my next bone> :)

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC

Well i didnt want to throw it out there and have you lose any business of be mad about it since its one of those juices that are legendary imo and sell out fast . Im not sure if im using the exact brand or what not but the flavor is identical when comparing side by side . Iv tried literally every toffee there is by the popular flavor companies and only one was a perfect match . That is DIYfs Toffee .Its made in vg base too . along with EM . I found it was it when i was testing the toffee out individually trying to find the sweet spot and it hit me ,i was like this is the one iv been looking for with Malty toffee . I then added some EM to the test bottle to enhance the flavor and give it that candy sweetness and that was it . Comparing both side by side i could not tell the difference so right flavor brand or not isnt really a issue .It was higher in pg ratio by a little compared to yours though (around 50/50 )but still insane vapor . Im working on getting it up to 70/30 and adjusting for a little extra flavor with the higher VG now just to see what kind of difference it would make . 50/50 is a little better for cartos .

I didnt mean to piss anyone off here so im going to shut up now .lol Got some pretty rude Pms about this thread .

Last edited:

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
The only thing wrong here is the title of the thread. Probably should not be referring to or asking for recipes for certain vendors by name. Especially vendors who are registered here. I can see how claiming to have duplicated something a vendor makes by name would cause some PM's. Thats why I don't post recipes only sparking generalities and single flavor reviews or opinions. We all have opinions STR8 and different palates. Sometimes that seems to get overlooked.

Dkrom68

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Backwoods NY USA
Not sure what all the negativity is or why people are being mad. Its all a matter of taste and with taste being subjective everyone will have different opinions. Like I said before freedom of speach is our right and it dont make a difference to me but to bash someone is wrong over it. Lets all play nice, get along and stop with all the crap.

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
Can't we all just be nice? Really. If I go out to a famous restaurant and eat a good dish, is there anything wrong with me coming home and trying to duplicate it? Look on the net at how many recipes are posted with emphasis on it tasting like something that's very popular. I've known Don for nearly two years and he's a great guy. I'm sure he will see our attempts to duplicate his brews as a compliment and not a threat. The majority of vapers had rather buy their juices from their favorite vendors and avoid the hassle of trying to make their own. Our attempts to remake popular flavors is not a crime, but a compliment to the ones who created them. Naming the flavor is the only way we have of communicating to each other exactly what we want our finished product to taste like. St8 is not trying to destroy any vendor and he's given me some great ideas that I hadn't thought about. Can't we just all get along? Please.

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
Not sure what all the negativity is or why people are being mad. Its all a matter of taste and with taste being subjective everyone will have different opinions. Like I said before freedom of speach is our right and it dont make a difference to me but to bash someone is wrong over it. Lets all play nice, get along and stop with all the crap.

Thank you Don. You said what I was trying to say in a much better way. I know you well enough to know that this thread has not caused you any sense of alarm. lol You should feel good knowing how many people love your brew!

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
Yea, hard to believe, isn't it?

As someone who is just starting to try this I appreciate any help I can get. The negative stuff will only cause people not to help others.

PLEASE, don't get me wrong...there are a LOT of really nice people on this forum..I'd go so far as to say the vast majority. Then there are those that are so mean spirited it seems that they appear to troll the board looking for any opening to throw a dig in, or say something nasty about a vendor/product/whatever they may never have even tried. That's just how they are, and unfortunately there's not much we as members can do about them except maybe put them on our ignore list (just discovered THAT gem the other day ;) ).

In order to participate here, you're unfortunately going to be exposed to both types, and everyone in between. It's hard to let things roll off your back sometimes, believe me I know. There have also been times that I've gotten caught up in feeling like I know you all, and you know me, and I throw out a comment which for me is meant in the spirit of friendly banter...then I remember that you all don't know me well enough to realize (probably) that it's meant in fun, and could possibly take offence. For anyone that's felt that way about anything I've said, may I humbly beg your forgiveness.

My point is, we're all hear to learn, to share whatever knowledge and/or experience we have, and along the way get to know some pretty cool people in the process. We, as a group have enough opposition, we don't need to get it from our comrades as well. Maybe if we (I know I am) stop for just a second and think about what we're posting and why, a lot less of this sort of thing will have to be tolerated.

We luvs ya Str8 :)

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
The ignore button is a beautiful thing I agree and I have recently used it myself. I love to hear different opinions and ideas but lets get real nobody is a know it all or always right in their personal opinions on anything and DIY is no different.

My wonderful recipe could be trash to you and vice versa. Respect for varying opinions or the ignore button if that is not possible is the key. Things should be posted with a sense of this is what worked for me but your YMMV. I like malty toffee too by the way. :)

bonniegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2009
South Jersey USA
Many DIYers can taste every flavor and replicate them. SOME, and BW Malty toffee is one, are a real challenge. Many of us enjoy a good challenge and I admit, I have tried MT and have gotten close. Knowing the ingredients and even having a recipe, does not mean that BWB will have their business hurt. I like to "vape out" sometimes and not mix. It is like eating out instead of cooking. Don is a stand up guy for his responses and I applaud him. I also applaud str8 for respecting Don enough to ask before posting. The rest,I will choose to ignore.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
MT is not really that complex of a juice considering its one flavor and a sweetener . The only complex part you do have to get the percentage perfect . I have been playing with the percents for a while and unless your within a 5% above or below range the flavors gonna fall flat after steeping and tastes watered down .When you get it right youll know because it will keep the liquid candy taste the same even after steeping it . You basically need to get a full a flavor as possible without falling off the cliff using too much .

Dkrom68

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Backwoods NY USA
One flavor and sweetner=not 4 flavors and no sweetner=yup, yup

No offense ever taken Str8 and I got your back buddy
MT is not really that complex of a juice considering its one flavor and a sweetener . The only complex part you do have to get the percentage perfect . I have been playing with the percents for a while and unless your within a 5% above or below range the flavors gonna fall flat after steeping and tastes watered down .When you get it right youll know because it will keep the liquid candy taste the same even after steeping it . You basically need to get a full a flavor as possible without falling off the cliff using too much .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread