Recommendations for a newb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farther Nick

Jul 7, 2013
PA, USA
So I have a Vamo V2. Had a few problems with it, but now that I got it up and running again I am in the market for:

A) A new cartomixer (tired of using the stock ones it came with)

B) Some new flavor eliquids (preferrably a good tobacco flavor, along with a vanilla, or even a good tea flavor)

But more than anything, I am looking for a reputable site to go to. Without naming names, the site I orginally bought my gear from wasn't too helpful when my Vamo stopped working 10 days after I bought it from them, and their eliquids were rather unsatisfying.

So without too much shilling, what are some good sites and good recommendations?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
One of the oldest and highly recommended online e-cig stores is AltSmoke, right next door to you in western Ohio. They carry a full line of e-cig products, and offer several e-liquid vendors and over a hundred flavors to choose from.

A) A new cartomixer (tired of using the stock ones it came with)
AltSmoke carries Smoktech and Boge brand cartomizers as well as a full line of clearomizers and cartotanks. You look like you might be a novice, so to help you understand the difference in juice attachments, read this picture dictionary that I created to help new vapors know the proper terminology of juice attachments.
Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what?

B) Some new flavor eliquids (preferrably a good tobacco flavor, along with a vanilla, or even a good tea flavor)
AltSmoke has 20 tobacco flavors to choose from. In fact, they have over a hundred flavors from six e-liquid vendors. I've tried the Black Diamond by Evo which I like, and it has gotten several good reviews. Many of the flavors have customer reviews, so you can get an idea if it is a favored juice by others.

But more than anything, I am looking for a reputable site to go to.
AltSmoke has a storefront in New Philadelphia, Ohio with a juice tasting bar where you can try all the flavors before purchasing them. Not sure if that is a driveable trip for you or not. Regardless, you'll find the customer service to be tops and the delivery to be fast, especially as close as you are from them.

Here in Cincinnati, AltSmoke has its flagship storefront which I visit at least once a month.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Agree on Altsmoke, too.

I also don't mind naming names. RAWR/ROAR for juice, Copper Creek, The Vapor Room, Mountain Oaks Vapor.....these people will treat you great

Ahlusions makes a whole lot of great teas, really.

Also for hardware, eric at discount vapor, myvaporstore, vicki over at cignot, vapers choice too.
For batteries randy at RTD of course!

I don't mind naming names because over a years time some vendors have treated me great and they deserve my recommendations.

Last edited:

Farther Nick

Jul 7, 2013
PA, USA
Thanks both. Naming names for good reasons, is awesome. I just didn't want to go off on a rant "this place sucks because of my singular experience." Not my thing, bad mouthing someone without them there to defend themselves. Serious thanks to the two above. No brown nosing, I find this place to be incredibly helpful. EDIT: Oh, and yeah, clearomizer :)

Last edited:

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
I'd highly recommend giving Heather's Heavenly Vapes a try for juice. About six months ago I started one of those "who has the best juice" threads, and someone recommended them. Until then I had never heard of them, and am now hooked on their 'Heavenly Tobacco." I must say that it tastes nothing like tobacco to me. It's more of a vanilla, sliight caramel taste. It burns clean (doesn't gunk your coils), and is just thick enough not to leak.

I know juice will taste a little different to everyone, but I'm kinda picky with it. Most juices either tastes burnt, or (not sure how to describe it), kind of chemically to me. I've tried quite a few of Heather's and have enjoyed them all so far. It takes about a week and a half to get an order because of where I live. I believe they are located in Georgia, which sucks because I used to live there and had no idea they existed.

Last edited:

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
I really like Good Ejuice - The best ejuice for your ecigarettes for tobacco flavored e juice. They produce their own Naturally Extracted Tobacco flavor and it definitely is a noticeable difference. They also have hardware supplies.

Ironically, many vendors do not use any tobacco in their tobacco flavored eliquid. If you like flavors that actually taste like tobacco, you really need to look for vendors that use NETs.

Spazzer

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2013
Upstate NY
I second GoodEjuice for their tobacco juices. Like Jazzi Mike said they use their own real tobacco extractions and each of their juices have a different distinct flavor - good stuff. Do a search in the General E-Liquid Discussion Forum to find more info.

As for clearomizers I would recommend Kranger Evods. Good price, good performance.

Spazzer

Daryl Glen

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2013
Titusville, FL, USA
www.youtube.com
Chi-TownVapers is where I get a lot of my juice from. Customer service has always been really good to me, and quality is above average at worst. It also doesn't hurt that the shipping is free. In all honesty, the shipping takes a LITTLE bit longer than others, but if you plan in advance, it's a good buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread