Regulated Cylindrical Mods That Have Replacable Batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesbeat

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2016
I am relatively new to vaping, but I already have a couple of box mods and an Endura T18.

I've found myself gravitating towards the T18 more than the box mods because it's just so much more robust and convenient to carry, especially now the weather is finally getting warmer.
I still use my box mods at home, but for when I'm out and about or at work, I like a cylindrical mod.

Like many people here, I have no intention of letting the FDA force me back onto tobacco, so I have been factoring the deeming regs into my future vaping purchases.

I am making my own juice already, and will be stocking up on 100mg/ml nicotine in case it becomes unavailable or ridiculously expensive.
I'm also only going to buy tanks that are rebuildable or which have stock coils that can be rebuilt in a pinch (this may be the subject of a future thread).

The other 'policy' that I am applying to future purchases is to only buy mods that have a replaceable battery, because batteries have a finite lifespan in use or in storage.

This is easy for box mods, as there are many that have a separate battery, but there are not so many in the cylindrical form factor.

The ones I have found so far are the Cool Fire 1 (not enough watts) and the iTaste 134 (even the 134 Mini is way too big!).

I don't need anything powerful or fancy - this is strictly to keep me off tobacco if HR 2058 fails.
I like to MTL at high resistance (~1.2-1.5 ohms) and low-ish wattage (~12-14) so I'm sure there are many older devices that are powerful enough for my purposes.

The problem that I am having is that I don't really know what search terms to use.
If I search for 'tube mod', all I seem to get is mech mods*, not regulated devices.
'Regulated tube mod' turned up the Cool Fire 1 and the iTaste 134, but not much else.

Are there just not many of these in existence, or am I just not using the right words?

*Footnote:
I do intend to squirrel away a few mech mods as a last resort against going back to tobacco.
Mech mods will keep working long after all my electronics fail, but I'd prefer to stick with regulated devices as long as possible.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Excellent build quality, I'm loving this one! Plan to get another.

$22.95 KSD Kmax Variable Voltage Mod (Kmax Mod, 3-15W/3-6V, Silver) at m.FastTech.com

These are also good. Have 2 of them. Can't believe they haven't sold out yet. 9.99 shipped.

Sigelei ZMAX V3 Telescopic Variable Mod

Both offer a variety of choices for battery size. I prefer 18350s.

2016-05-24_18.41.44.jpg

gcvt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
Las Vegas
I now have 7 Provaris; most are 2.5 Minis. There are solid, becautifully made and reliable. The current prices are so low I have to stop myself from getting another, and another...

Tell me about! I just ordered yet another full size last night. $40 shipped, with extended cap. Must. Not. Order. More.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I am relatively new to vaping, but I already have a couple of box mods and an Endura T18.

I've found myself gravitating towards the T18 more than the box mods because it's just so much more robust and convenient to carry, especially now the weather is finally getting warmer.
    I still use my box mods at home, but for when I'm out and about or at work, I like a cylindrical mod.

Like many people here, I have no intention of letting the FDA force me back onto tobacco, so I have been factoring the deeming regs into my future vaping purchases.

I am making my own juice already, and will be stocking up on 100mg/ml nicotine in case it becomes unavailable or ridiculously expensive.
    I'm also only going to buy tanks that are rebuildable or which have stock coils that can be rebuilt in a pinch (this may be the subject of a future thread).

The other 'policy' that I am applying to future purchases is to only buy mods that have a replaceable battery, because batteries have a finite lifespan in use or in storage.

This is easy for box mods, as there are many that have a separate battery, but there are not so many in the cylindrical form factor.

The ones I have found so far are the Cool Fire 1 (not enough watts) and the iTaste 134 (even the 134 Mini is way too big!).

I don't need anything powerful or fancy - this is strictly to keep me off tobacco if HR 2058 fails.
    I like to MTL at high resistance (~1.2-1.5 ohms) and low-ish wattage (~12-14) so I'm sure there are many older devices that are powerful enough for my purposes.

The problem that I am having is that I don't really know what search terms to use.
    If I search for 'tube mod', all I seem to get is mech mods*, not regulated devices.
    'Regulated tube mod' turned up the Cool Fire 1 and the iTaste 134, but not much else.

Are there just not many of these in existence, or am I just not using the right words?

*Footnote:
    I do intend to squirrel away a few mech mods as a last resort against going back to tobacco.
    Mech mods will keep working long after all my electronics fail, but I'd prefer to stick with regulated devices as long as possible.
    Just an FYI, 2058 is pretty much done for, the focus is on other things now. As I understand it. Me, I'm only buying products from the very few that are directly supporting our battle in Washington.

jamesbeat

ECF Veteran
    Apr 30, 2016
    It's just such a convenient form factor isn't it?
    I tend to vape little and often when I'm out and about, which is one of the major differences I have noticed since quitting smoking.
    Once you light a cigarette, you're committed, but with a PV you can just 'top up' frequently.
    A tubular mod lends itself very well to this style of use, because it is less bulky and slips in and out of a pocket easily.
    It's also great for discrete use such as when I take it with me to the bathroom at work.
    I know there are some very small box mods (my istick is very small) but it's still unwieldy compared to my T18.

jamesbeat

ECF Veteran
    Apr 30, 2016
    So we shouldn't be pinning our hopes on 2058 then?

It doesn't bother me all that much for my own sake, because I fully intend to be prepared for many years hence.
    Because I tend to vape at low watts and high ohms, I use very little juice.
    I have worked out that one liter of 100mg/ml could easily last me five years at my current rate of consumption, and double that if I reduce my nicotine level from 12mg to 6mg, which I intend to do over the next few months.
    I just need to make sure I have enough hardware to last.

I'm mainly going to concentrate on tanks, as that's the hardest part to make.

Hopefully the new regs won't cover bulk nicotine, and the Chinese vendors will find a way around getting stuff over to us, but I'm going to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

The people who are going to feel this the most are people who currently smoke and haven't yet tried vaping.
    I'm not a religious man, but I don't think 'miracle' is too strong a word to describe what vaping is to a smoker.

The deeming regs are obscene.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 3, 2013
    Blue Rapids, KS, US
    So we shouldn't be pinning our hopes on 2058 then?

It doesn't bother me all that much for my own sake, because I fully intend to be prepared for many years hence.
    Because I tend to vape at low watts and high ohms, I use very little juice.
    I have worked out that one liter of 100mg/ml could easily last me five years at my current rate of consumption, and double that if I reduce my nicotine level from 12mg to 6mg, which I intend to do over the next few months.
    I just need to make sure I have enough hardware to last.

I'm mainly going to concentrate on tanks, as that's the hardest part to make.

Hopefully the new regs won't cover bulk nicotine, and the Chinese vendors will find a way around getting stuff over to us, but I'm going to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

The people who are going to feel this the most are people who currently smoke and haven't yet tried vaping.
    I'm not a religious man, but I don't think 'miracle' is too strong a word to describe what vaping is to a smoker.

The deeming regs are obscene.

Nope, 2058 has been dead in the water well over a year. Legislation wise, contact your congressman and senators to support the Cole/Bishop Amendment of the Budget Bill, it is more robust and has bi-partisan support, was like a 39-11 vote to floor the amendment by the budget committee, and has a lot more teeth including changing the predecate date to Aug 8, 2016. This amendment has several nice additions, but the best thing I like about it, it tinkers with not only the FDA's deemings, but also the bill it is attached to affects the FDA's running costs/budget ;).

OT
    Another Vote for a Provari, either the 2.5 or the P3. Another option is the Innokin SVD 2.0 (has a revised DNA20 board in it), solid mod as well.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 18, 2013
    Chicago
    If you want a Provari at a great price, Paypal me $50. For that $50, you'll get Willyzee's address in Canada, knock out drops for his dog and instructions on how to override his security system. While you are there, feel free to sample from his fully stocked juice bar while you decide which Provari to take. He has them all. Seriously, you could take like 30 of them and he wouldn't even notice. Just don't touch his records. Seriously, you could take his Provari's but if you touch his records, he'll hunt you down and kill you. Last time I was there, I picked up a Metallica album and he beat me like a dog in the street. Said the oils in my fingers ruined the cover. Like any one can ruin a Metallica cover. The next day, I tossed all his Beatles records and replaced them with Kenny G disks.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread