Not open for further replies.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
In another thread citing similar issues, Rob offered the following:

It may be a grounding issue the only way I can tell is to have the mod unfortunately. This can happen if the anodized coloring isn't cleaned enough around the battery connection. The mod will register on a volt meter but when you draw on it it just peters out. Like I said I cant tell unless I have the mod in hand. I suggest sending it to me.

Sorry about your setback with your Mini. If you give Rob a chance, he'll get it performing the way it's supposed to.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
One of my new Mini did come with an issue that is very uncommon. I'm sending it back to Rob for a new pin. This is the first and only time I've heard of this so it is very uncommon. The firing pin is broken off where it should bend down with the tip pointing down. The pin would make some contact with the battery but not fully. I have enough Reos to have quickly realized what the issue is.

Take the battery out and in good lighting push the button down so that you can see the shiny piece that lowers when you push the button down. It should be somewhat triangular, at the end, with a little bend in it with the very end bend downwards.

Also, don't know if anyone mentioned this but are you sure the lock pin, on button, as seen from top, looking down at the button, is all the way to the most left position? Turn the button counter clockwise as far as it will go. You should see a tiny silver pin. That is something that many of us have missed when we first got our Reos.

Sorry for your issue. Problems rarely occur with the Reos but they do occasionally occur.

Alice

Last edited:

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Please don't give up on it ..... when you get it working it can be the best thing out there.

Feel free to call Robert, his number is on the business card in your package (if it was new).
He will not rest till you are 100% satisfied .... He is a great guy to deal with.

From what I have read so far I think we are down to two issues...

Batteries not charging to proper voltage - or the atty is just getting too much juice to perform.

Like other have mentioned you need a multimeter to check and make sure the batteries are 4.2v when charged.

As for the atty, because you said it performs great on your eGo ..... Clean the atty and use it just like you would on the eGo.
What I mean is dry all the juice in the juice well of the mini ..... clean the atty and install on mini ..... DON'T squeeze any juice. Now just do what you did on your ego .... dripping ?? Carts ??

If you can't make it perform just like or better than the eGo that way something is either wrong with the batteries or the Mini.

If its the mini, trust me Robert at REOSmods will take care of it. Even if it was purchased used.

Hope that makes sense and helps.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I blew out the atty and did a blind squonk. The tube system seems to be feeding properly. Hmmm I looked at the connector for the atty and all seems well there, too. I guess my only option is to go LR... Is anyone else using a high resistance atty and is satisfied with vapor and flavor?

Awww...you really don't want to use a high resistance atty on 3.7 ----you need to use a standard resistance or low resistance atty !! (HR atties are for higher voltage devices).....

Chelseafn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Michigan
Im wondering if you have a Trustfire-001 charger. If so. Only charge one battery at a time. For some reason this charger only likes to use one side during charging. Charge the batt for at least 4 hours. After reading about your atty. Your using a HV atty? HV attys are only good for devices that have 5 volts or more. Get a lower resistance atmoizer and Ill bet everything will be good to go. But like everyone else has said. Send it to Rob he will make sure your happy with your Mini. He will get it working for you.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I think the op might be using HR in place of standard resistance.

That might be causing confusion but let's not forget that the same atomizers worked fine on the eGo.

So I think it's battery voltage or the atomizer is just too wet to perform.

I would like to know how the atomizers were used on the ego. Dripping or cartridges?

If new to dripping or coming of carts it's pretty easy to flood until you get the hang of it.

I like to squeeze the bottle until you must see juice come up into the catch cup. Then let off quick enough and it will be sucked right back down.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Civitasdei

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
Stillwater, Oklahoma
I emailed Rob. He said to clear the atty and direct drip to see if there is a feeding issues or a battery issue. So far, I think you guys are right about the battery. Even direct dripping, there are some performance issues. I'm hoping its a battery issues because I'm afraid that if I go LR the vape will be hot. I prefer a much cooler vape. I wonder if I walk into radioshack, if they have a multimeter on hand that i can grab a quick reading.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
I emailed Rob. He said to clear the atty and direct drip to see if there is a feeding issues or a battery issue. So far, I think you guys are right about the battery. Even direct dripping, there are some performance issues. I'm hoping its a battery issues because I'm afraid that if I go LR the vape will be hot. I prefer a much cooler vape. I wonder if I walk into radioshack, if they have a multimeter on hand that i can grab a quick reading.

Having worked at Radio Shack, albeit many moons ago, I'd like to quote myself:

If you live near a Harbor Freight Tools store or a Sears, you can buy a very decent multi-meter for less than $30.00. Much cheaper if you choose a bare bones model.

You'll want to check ohms on your attys and DC voltage on your batteries at a minimum.

Radio Shack is ......ed. :facepalm:

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I am using a standard 510 atty. If I said high resistance before, I was in error. I took my regular atty and screwed it into my eGo-T battery and direct dripped. I am very noobie. I've been vaping since December. Thank you guys for not dismissing me due to my noobieness like most other forums would. :]

I am glad every on could help this group will not give up helping that's just there way. :)

IMO It dose sound like a battery issue.

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN

A Batteries Plus store might test it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread