Not open for further replies.

Alawot

Wakonda Warrior
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2015
Lebanon, Ohio
I currently have an LP Grand black wrinkle with a red door. I'm considering an LP black anodized with black door. I'm thinking the wife won't really notice since it'll still be black. As for the door I can saw I got a different color door just to change it up?

Thoughts? Seems like a good plan to me. :cool:

Hiwatt Bob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
Apple Valley, MN
you could do that...or you could sit down and have a heart-to-heart with the wifey. tell her there's these wooden mods still available. tell her they only come around once in a blue moon and you might not get an opportunity like this again. tell her you love her. tell her you're the luckiest man in the world to have such an understanding wife.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Two ways this goes down...

1. She notices and doesn't say a thing because she thinks it's cute you try things like this and she doesn't want to burst your bubble.

2. She notices and has some pressing questions about your sudden obsession. Any doubt she has is assuaged when she sees the fervour in your eyes as you explain - you're clearly never going to smoke again.

Either way, dude... she notices (but you're golden).

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
you could do that...or you could sit down and have a heart-to-heart with the wifey. tell her there's these wooden mods still available. tell her they only come around once in a blue moon and you might not get an opportunity like this again. tell her you love her. tell her you're the luckiest man in the world to have such an understanding wife.

thank god i got divorced long before i discovered Reos

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
....all of the above, then offer to let her buy a new _____________(bag, shoes, day at the spa, etc.) of her choice if she'll turn a blind eye to your new REO of choice. And I agree with Hiwatt Bob.....you should definitely at least consider a Woodvil. They are gorgeous, they feel great, the can sub-ohm just like the Grands, and it may be your last chance for awhile.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
....all of the above, then offer to let her buy a new _____________(bag, shoes, day at the spa, etc.) of her choice if she'll turn a blind eye to your new REO of choice.
Ahh.... The old Super_X_Drifter trick....;)

Alawot

Wakonda Warrior
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2015
Lebanon, Ohio
I do find myself wandering over to the woodvil page quite a bit, just thought it'd be rather obvious. Good thing she has no idea what any of my gear costs. I just keep telling her it's no more than I was spending on smokes. We keep separate bank accounts and I still buy her smokes for her, so spending the money really isn't the issue. (yeah, can't get her to switch to vaping) Maybe I should get rid of my first mod and tank (aspire nat mini & istick 20). Then I'm just getting an upgraded backup ;) I have trouble letting go of stuff, but let's face it, I'll probably never use it again.

d4gger

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2014
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Honestly, keep a ledger. Smokes cost $4.12 for the cheapest here. Almost the lowest price in the States. How long have you been vaping? PAD? Do the math if so/if not. How does vaping cost up?

I've got tons (as in, I have redeemable points over there that I can't find a current use for) of FT crap I'll never use, a gallon of VG, a liter of nicotine from NN, dozens of flavors from TFA and ECX, etc, and I'm still in the black compared to smoking for the past six months (approximately since I stopped using Snus to help keep cigs away). That's including four Reos, two Woodvils, two Nuppins, an RM6, and a Derringer.

Make a vape budget. Throw a woodvil (at least one) into it. Throw a few hundred for atties and batteries into it. DIY for pennies per dollar or include near bulk of favorite juices. Show the wifey the numbers. I'll bet you'll be in the black within months, no more than a year, compared to analogs. Tell her about the ridiculously expensive purse (undergarments, satchel, phone?) you'll buy her in a year with the savings. Watch her nod in approval when she sees the reward. And, as long as you keep your promise(s), your vape budget will be secured in perpetuity.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
This, right here Jeff. Black manodized w/ TRA door / derringer is off the chizzain IMO :)

image.jpg

And good on you bro. If anyone understands what it's like when a spouse doesn't understand why we need more than 1 piece of vape gear it's me.

Anyone who's been married long enough knows that when mamas not happy no one is. It don't matter if it's about vape gear, a muscle car or a part for a dirt bike. You are a smart man bro. Don't go pissin off mama :)

Last edited:

TraceyS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
I currently have an LP Grand black wrinkle with a red door. I'm considering an LP black anodized with black door. I'm thinking the wife won't really notice since it'll still be black. As for the door I can saw I got a different color door just to change it up?

Thoughts? Seems like a good plan to me. :cool:

As a wife, yes that will work :)

Tracey

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Just don't go showing that Kawasaki Green, I'll weaken, I'll buy and I'll never be able to explain it.

This, right here Jeff. Black manodized w/ TRA door / derringer is off the chizzain IMO :)

View attachment 460224

And good on you bro. If anyone understands what it's like when a spouse doesn't understand why we need more than 1 piece of vape gear it's me.

Anyone who's been married long enough knows that when mamas not happy no one is. It don't matter if it's about vape gear, a muscle car or a part for a dirt bike. You are a smart man bro. Don't go pissin off mama :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Just don't go showing that Kawasaki Green, I'll weaken, I'll buy and I'll never be able to explain it.
I won't show it anymore. It has alluring powers over young women vapers. They suddenly want to talk to me. It's , like , now I'm somebody. :)

image.jpg

Doh. Just kidding. I'm still nobody but me :)

TraceyS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread