Status
Not open for further replies.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Nope, beyond my knowledge for certain. I'll just stop at the post office tomorrow and send it back.

Thanks T and @puffon for the help! Much appreciated!
Not sure if you already sent this back to the spa, but you might also want to include a couple of the atty's that wouldn't screw on as well so Rob can experience the same problem you are having... Remember to take you bottle and tubing out and clean the device up prior to sending it back also!!

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
Not sure if you already sent this back to the spa, but you might also want to include a couple of the atty's that wouldn't screw on as well so Rob can experience the samfe problem you are having... Remember to take you bottle and tubing out and clean the device up prior to sending it back also!![/

I put it in the mail yesterday. I thought of including an atty, but I have a deep mistrust with USPS. I didn't want to risk losing anything I didn't have to. No cleaning needed, I never got past trying to screw on an atty.

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I have an update. Not a happy one sad to say. I got the mod back today. He tapped out the threads, I was able to easily screw on a Cyclone, it still wouldn't fire. So I figured, oh well at least RM2's work on it. I got one out, checked it all out it was fine. Placed it on the mod, fired it. Instantly got red hot! Collapsed the spring. I then examined the mod, the short was so bad it melted my positive contact to the button! I never heard of a short that bad! Of course I checked the build again on the RM2 it's fine, fires fine on other Reo's. Anybody have any clue what's going on with this one.

Last edited:

Moaufan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
Richland, Ga. USA
View attachment 603085 View attachment 603089 I have an update. Not a happy one sad to say. I got the mod back today. He tapped out the threads, I was able to easily screw on a Cyclone, it still wouldn't fire. So I figured, oh well at least RM2's work on it. I got one out, checked it all out it was fine. Placed it on the mod, fired it. Instantly got red hot! Collapsed the spring. I then examined the mod, the short was so bad it melted my positive contact to the button! I never heard of a short that bad! Of course I checked the build again on the RM2 it's fine, fires fine on other Reo's. Anybody have any clue what's going on with this one.
Wow I have collapsed two springs but nothing like that. I am interested in hearing what others have to say.

Reactions: Kenna

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
View attachment 603085 View attachment 603089 I have an update. Not a happy one sad to say. I got the mod back today. He tapped out the threads, I was able to easily screw on a Cyclone, it still wouldn't fire. So I figured, oh well at least RM2's work on it. I got one out, checked it all out it was fine. Placed it on the mod, fired it. Instantly got red hot! Collapsed the spring. I then examined the mod, the short was so bad it melted my positive contact to the button! I never heard of a short that bad! Of course I checked the build again on the RM2 it's fine, fires fine on other Reo's. Anybody have any clue what's going on with this one.

If he tapped out the 510 threads there could be some metal shavings in the connection causing a short. I would take it completely to bits (even take the grub screw out) and wash it real good and maybe some compressed air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
@Jugband I cant imagine Rob didn't completely clean out the 510 when he redid it. I could be wrong though... You could do as ckquatt mentioned above. That would be a good starting place. The only other thing I can think of is your battery. What brand of battery are you using? Is the wrap in perfect condition? Other than that I would say it needs to go back to the spa with the atty or atty's you are wanting to use. Do you have any other Reo's with the adjustable 510 installed?

Reactions: Kenna

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
@Jugband I cant imagine Rob didn't completely clean out the 510 when he redid it. I could be wrong though... You could do as ckquatt mentioned above. That would be a good starting place. The only other thing I can think of is your battery. What brand of battery are you using? Is the wrap in perfect condition? Other than that I would say it needs to go back to the spa with the atty or atty's you are wanting to use. Do you have any other Reo's with the adjustable 510 installed?
The only batteries I use are AW IMR 18650. I'm very vigilant about the wraps, I even have some tucked away for spares in case I need them. The wraps look perfect, not a nick. I have the adjustable 510 on all my Reo's. That why I sent this one back I bought in the classifieds, I like them all to be updated. I really just don't know? This is the only one I've ever had trouble with. It's got me?

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
The only batteries I use are AW IMR 18650. I'm very vigilant about the wraps, I even have some tucked away for spares in case I need them. The wraps look perfect, not a nick. I have the adjustable 510 on all my Reo's. That why I sent this one back I bought in the classifieds, I like them all to be updated. I really just don't know? This is the only one I've ever had trouble with. It's got me?
Have you taken the grub screw out of the 510 and blew it out? Other than that I am at a loss. It might be best to just get it back to Rob with the atty or atty's you intend to use.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I agree with all of this. I suppose one lil stubborn metal shaving could have resisted the cleaning. But would definitely call Rob right away! So sorry you're having so many problems with this. Wow. What a meltdown.

As to the cyclone not firing.......did you try raising the grub in the 510 at all?

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
Thanks again everyone!
I was going to throughly clean out the 510 as suggested, it seemed probable that it was a metal fragment. I have extra positive contacts and springs, but my button melted, I don't have extras of those. So I went ahead and emailed Rob with pics and the entire story. He asked me to again send the mod back. He said he would change the 510 himself this time and get to the bottom of the problem. Just left the post office, it's on it's way back. Hope all goes well :nun:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Thanks again everyone!
I was going to throughly clean out the 510 as suggested, it seemed probable that it was a metal fragment. I have extra positive contacts and springs, but my button melted, I don't have extras of those. So I went ahead and emailed Rob with pics and the entire story. He asked me to again send the mod back. He said he would change the 510 himself this time and get to the bottom of the problem. Just left the post office, it's on it's way back. Hope all goes well :nun:
sorry yur without yur baby again......but he'll git to the bottom of it for sure! Sounds like someone else did and might notta cleaned it out, or at least not good enough. I'm sure he'll even add a extra dose of porky dust to it!

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Thanks again everyone!
Did you send an atty with it?

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
Just in case anyone is still interested I thought I would conclude the saga :)
I received the mod back today. Rob said it was not my attomizer that caused the short. He said he was puzzled, but his guess was also a bur may have been left in the threads. Now here's the great part! He took care of it himself this time, replaced the 510, it's now butter smooth! Every atty works perfectly on it! What's more, he took it upon himself to refund me $20.00 to cover my extra shipping cost! This is the customer support you only get with Reo's mods! Just wanted to share the good news, and how awsome Rob handled it!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Just in case anyone is still interested I thought I would conclude the saga :)
I received the mod back today. Rob said it was not my attomizer that caused the short. He said he was puzzled, but his guess was also a bur may have been left in the threads. Now here's the great part! He took care of it himself this time, replaced the 510, it's now butter smooth! Every atty works perfectly on it! What's more, he took it upon himself to refund me $20.00 to cover my extra shipping cost! This is the customer support you only get with Reo's mods! Just wanted to share the good news, and how awsome Rob handled it!
So glad everything is working great now! I had a feeling he'd make up the extra shipping you had! He's such a wonderful person!

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
So glad everything is working great now! I had a feeling he'd make up the extra shipping you had! He's such a wonderful person!
Thank you!
Rob also asked me to let him know how it was working when I got it back. I emailed to let him know it was perfect, and thanked him again for everything. He just replied and said as long as I was happy that's all that matters.
And people wonder why we are dedicated Reonauts :wub:

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Looks like its been some time since anyones had questions or problems... I think its truly because Reo's are built like a tank are the simplest vaping device available...

Lets bump this up to the top just in case though...
Hey muzic, good you brought it up. Is Rob still supporting the mods? My woodvil hasn't been in use in a while, and I'm afraid something would crack when I try using it [emoji53]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread