Retired my dear Nautilus minis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I've been using the same two since I started vaping so almost 2 years now. They are still working, however, the bottom unscrewing has become such a chore for me having to use pliers, and the coil getting stuck in the chimney almost every time that I decided to trade them in for my Triton mini's.

I will be storing them away along with a unopened nautilus mini. I'm rather enjoying the Triton mini's that I pulled out of my stash and ordered more to replace the ones I took (have to keep the stash topped off). I like the fact I can get more airflow and vapes just as nice AFAIC.

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
I'm putting mine away as well, but mostly because of the non-rebuildable coils. I've been using all-RTAs lately, except one Nauti for my morning vape. Reason: first thing in the morning, if my coil needs changing, I don't feel like building before the coffee even kicks in, or while I'm busy trying to get work stuff squared away. Now I've replaced it with an Ego One Mega, so I can drop in a fresh coil if needed, and rebuild the old one any time.

Also I've used the Nauties when I'm out and about, but the Mega (like the mini) also doesn't leak and I can carry an extra coil, so that's covered.

Husband still loves his Nauti Mini, though, so we aren't entirely abandoning them! I've ordered several replacement bases for our minis over the years, and when using them am super careful to just barely screw them down enough to prevent juice from escaping, but not enough to cause the infamous locked tank problem. (But yes, I know, sometimes they just seem to screw themselves down!! Demonic!)

Nevertheless, I salute you Nauti Mini, you served us well!

Last edited:

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Sorry to hear you are retiring the Minis but it does sound more like a Layoff then a forced retirement. I used to have the same problem with one of my Minis with the coils getting stuck in the chimney and it was bent. Replaced it and problem was solved for me.
Yes, it is more of a layoff...lol. I still love them, just need to change things up a bit.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Yes, it is more of a layoff...lol. I still love them, just need to change things up a bit.

I understand totally what you mean because I use at least 3 different types of tanks during the day and my Nautilus X is one of my morning atomizers.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Congrats. I'm using the very same big naughty that I picked up to replace cartos on this week last year. I guess I'm stuck with it until they come out with a topfill replacement.

There is the Nauti 2 that is top fill with the same Nauti coils. The Triton mini is another excellent top fill choice as well using the same coils.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
My Nautilus Mini just went kaput the other day. It's not reading ohms correctly. 1.8 is reading 2 ohms. That's on a DNA. It's a very old one. It was time. (RIP) But I still have the Nautilus 2. The last tank of mine that takes coils. All the rest are RTAS. I just can't justify buying coils for any other tank but a Nautilus coils.

Reactions: Bonskibon

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
My Nautilus Mini just went kaput the other day. It's not reading ohms correctly. 1.8 is reading 2 ohms. That's on a DNA. It's a very old one. It was time. (RIP) But I still have the Nautilus 2. The last tank of mine that takes coils. All the rest are RTAS. I just can't justify buying coils for any other tank but a Nautilus coils.
My Nautilus coils never read correctly.

Reactions: Cosmic_Glaze
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread