Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
?? Quoted but no comment ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use a heat gun but before I had the Heat gun I used my wife's hair dryer. I would hold one side of the cell while working from the center out to the ends. To fix the problem with the ends, what I would do is while the end of the wrap is still warm I would push that end down on my desk I'm working at which will flatten the wrap. Never had an issue and didn't have to worry about touching the contact with a knife or scissors. A lot safer that way. Try that and see if it works for you as it did for me.

Great idea. Why i never thought of this even though im mildy intelligent is beyond me.

For me, this would work well for the negative end. The issue i will have is with the positive end of the LG HB4's. The top part extends very far past where the wrap is laying. My VTC 's should work with this method.

Would you have another suggestion for the LG' s in that brain as well, lol?

Im wondering if while hot, I could use some kind of hard, but thin plastic to gently push the wrap at the positive end down against the batteries? See, the positive extends far enough past the "curled" plastic to make contact with the atty, but I still dont like that my wrap isnt flush on any cell, on either side, positive or negative.

I wont be re wrapping cells for a while, but I will definitely be trying your idea. Thanks!

Reactions: Wheelin247

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Thanks @Izan

@Derek Cross, not sure why I couldn't see the response. Must be a Tapatalk issue. To answer your question, what you could do is use the edge of the desk or table your using and put the battery on the edge up to the positive end and just spin that around until it lays flat all the way around.

Reactions: Izan

Derek Cross

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2015
Not sure why I couldn't see this on Tapatalk. Got on the website and can see it. I responded to @Izan quote to me.
Yes something weird was going on with what im seeing as well.

Anyway thanks for your help brother. Sorry again if I fudged something up while trying to respond to you. I thought I had responded but it only quoted you (I believe).

Derek Cross

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2015
Thanks @Izan

@Derek Cross, not sure why I couldn't see the response. Must be a Tapatalk issue. To answer your question, what you could do is use the edge of the desk or table your using and put the battery on the edge up to the positive end and just spin that around until it lays flat all the way around.
Ok now I just saw this response. Sorry about the confusion.

Funny thing is I ended up doing something similar. After thinking about it I got home and did a rewrap job on one of my older cells to see how it would go. I used the edge of an atty stand to push the wrap down while it was still hot and it worked great.

Best part about all of this is Im no longer using anything sharp (or metallic) to trim or cut the part that was causing all the trouble and this makes me happy.

Thank you again. Not sure why I never thought of this, but now I know,and in the future, I will tell people it was my idea XD

No, but seriously, great advice!

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Yes something weird was going on with what im seeing as well.

Anyway thanks for your help brother. Sorry again if I fudged something up while trying to respond to you. I thought I had responded but it only quoted you (I believe).
No worries my friend. Anytime. just glad I was able to give a little advise that actually worked lol.

Reactions: Derek Cross
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread