RoughStack Users Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Is anyone using the 18350 Trustfires? They say they are 1200 mAh but I'm only getting about 6 hours out of them. I was wondering how much time others were getting. I was using a 650 ego before these and it was lasting longer. Just curious if anyone else is experiencing the same time. Thanks in advance for any insight.

With trustfire, ultrafire and IMR 18350 I get about 4 to 6 hours heavy vaping w/ 1.6 ohm dual coil and about all day w/ 3 ohm carto. I prefer 2 ohm to 3 ohm CE2 on single 18350. I prefer DC above 4v but does ok at 3.7v.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Hi Everybody....I've had a tix in with support and waiting on a reply - but since the thread I posted to doesnt seem to be getting any activity - thought I'd try to get some feedback from other user's here. We love the RS - having some major atty probs. Here's the issue:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...most-my-attys-not-work-maxi-roughstack-5.html

Not sure if you could tell from his review if some obvious issue we could easily address...really so grateful for any feedback :D

DiamondVape's Channel - YouTube

I had to file a 510 extension shoulder down before some of my cartos would make contact on center pin. Not all cartos have same thread length so must verify making contact on positive center post.

bubbamonk

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Newport Kentucky
Emus, I'm using a 2.5 bauway atty on it. I had one batt last and last. Then this afternoon I put in my other batt and it lasted about an hour and a half. I took it out of the RS and filed a ticket @ MV. I put the other batt in trying to get one more vape from it which worked. I then put the batt that failed after 1 and 1/2 hrs back in and it started working again. Which made me wonder if maybe there is a contact issue. Has anyone else had contact issues? I noticed the solder where the button of the batt hits is darker then the rest of the solder, whould that effect the preformance at all? I'm sorry to ask all these questions of everyone but this is my first mod and from the minute I started using it I fell in love with it. Any help is always welcome.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Emus, I'm using a 2.5 bauway atty on it. I had one batt last and last. Then this afternoon I put in my other batt and it lasted about an hour and a half. I took it out of the RS and filed a ticket @ MV. I put the other batt in trying to get one more vape from it which worked. I then put the batt that failed after 1 and 1/2 hrs back in and it started working again. Which made me wonder if maybe there is a contact issue. Has anyone else had contact issues? I noticed the solder where the button of the batt hits is darker then the rest of the solder, whould that effect the preformance at all? I'm sorry to ask all these questions of everyone but this is my first mod and from the minute I started using it I fell in love with it. Any help is always welcome.

The only contact issue I've had is that sometimes if I screw both parts together tight, it wont fire. I then have to unscrew it very slightly. It doesn't happen all the time, but a once in a while.:confused:

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
Is anyone using the 18350 Trustfires? They say they are 1200 mAh but I'm only getting about 6 hours out of them. I was wondering how much time others were getting. I was using a 650 ego before these and it was lasting longer. Just curious if anyone else is experiencing the same time. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Six hours sounds about right to me if you are on it a lot. Now I'm no battery expert, but I've seen it said many times that the TF and the UF batts overstate their mah's by quite a bit, so it's hard to tell just what you are getting. Also there is more to battery run time than just the mah, there is also the C rating of the batt. Just a couple reasons why AW's are highly recommended. That being said, I have some of all three, and think that AW's are the best, but the TF's aren't that bad for what you pay for them. Again, I'm not trying to pretend I'm an expert here, just a couple things learned on ecf.

bubbamonk

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Newport Kentucky
The only contact issue I've had is that sometimes if I screw both parts together tight, it wont fire. I then have to unscrew it very slightly. It doesn't happen all the time, but a once in a while.:confused:

I'm wondering if that wasn't the issue. Like I said when I reassembled it, it is working just fine.

I know you said you weren't a batt expert but what do you find different between the AWs and any of the fire brands? Just your opinion no expertise needed :)

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
I have IMR 18350 from nhaler and performance is so close to trustfire and ultrafire it would take a controlled test to tell them apart.

Stacked, IMR is better. If discharge rate is unbalanced protected Li Ion batt will shut batt down; not so w/ unprotected safe chemistry batt.

If your PV has a short circuit the protected batts will shut down and unprotected will melt something unless fused.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
I'm wondering if that wasn't the issue. Like I said when I reassembled it, it is working just fine.

I know you said you weren't a batt expert but what do you find different between the AWs and any of the fire brands? Just your opinion no expertise needed :)

IMO, Aw has better quality control, their mah ratings are more realistic, and they have a higher C rating(discharge current in amps). Also, to my thinking, there has to be a reason that the UF and TF's are about half the price of an AW.

For more than you ever probably wanted to know about batteries, :) go here in the ECF library:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/129569-rechargeable-batteries.html

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
i've had nothing but problems with the long body on my RS. Both mega dual coils dont fire. 4.0ohm atty works... sorta...
$50 order was kind of a waste at this point.

Guess im going back to 3.7v. Way disappointed. Probably user error but i've already smoked half a pack of smokes trying to figure it out. lol. Damn thing!

Just having problem w/ stacked batts?
What batts?

dragit

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2011
Wyoming
Just having problem w/ stacked batts?
What batts?

Ehhhh idk bout that. Like i said the atty works. mostly. I dont really think dripping was intended at 8v lol
It only fires SOMETIMES....

18350's

The long body shouldn't have any issues. If there's a problem,it could be that your Mega DCC isn't making contact. Try working the center contact of the carto out a little as suggested in an earlier post.

Did. Dont work. One fired at 3.7.... never did at 8v.... and dont at all now. That was a huge waste of juice filling those big .......s up...

=[

I'll tinker more at work later tonight. Currently not vaping at all though. Wont turn in a ticket till i get to the bottom of the problem though. Im sure its something simple. This is not a complicated device lol

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Ehhhh idk bout that. Like i said the atty works. mostly. I dont really think dripping was intended at 8v lol
It only fires SOMETIMES....

18350's

Did. Dont work. One fired at 3.7.... never did at 8v.... and dont at all now. That was a huge waste of juice filling those big .......s up...

=[

I'll tinker more at work later tonight. Currently not vaping at all though. Wont turn in a ticket till i get to the bottom of the problem though. Im sure its something simple. This is not a complicated device lol

Probably tripping current over load circuit on your stacked protected 18350s

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Found the problem i think. Bad battery. My roughstack stuff have any sort of warrenty? Maybe had this a month. That is a bit crazy to have batterys going out already. HELP. . . I've already put down half a pack of smokes. Thank god my one good battery just finished charging

I would open a ticket anyways. Don't drag your feet about it either. The quicker the better.

I've been using 4.8V nihms in mine. Love those batteries. Charger sucks though. Off the charger they meter about 5.8V's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread