RoughStack Users Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

needtoknow

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
TN
I have a rs and a maxi I bought about a year ago, for some reason both of them decided to quit working about the same time, I have and extra switch that I have use before and tried changing the switch out and putting new straws in there and cannot seem to get any of them to work. my questiion/problems are:
1) I was going to try to replace spring with a wire, and the only wire I have handy is a thin one that came with a box mod kit will that wire work? 2) the (rubber) ring inside of my 510 connector base came out and I put it back in, could that be part of my problem? 3) are the new complete caps you can buy going to fit on either of mine (cause they say they are for the V2 and might not fit the old models and I am pretty sure mine are old models
any help with these matters would be great as these 2 are my go-tos and I do not have too much backup

it seems that none of the 3 swiches I have will work now and all went out at the same time I find that very weird, is there something else I am missing?

jimbalny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
For those of u with a bad switch on the RS, yesterday I replaced the switch with the c&k one that MV sells. They were all out of the whole replacement switch assembly. Applied soldering iron to one lead of switch til solder liquified, then quickly to the other side to remove. slid in new switch, make sure its in there deep enough otherwise the device wont screw down all the way. Added more solder. I then hard wired a small piece of wire to the positive post on the connector. Definitely easier to just buy the new assembly but if theyre out or ur broke this isn't too hard to do.

Im loving the emdcc's on my RS with a high drain imr 18650, dont need to bring my VV out and about w me anymore!

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Yeah, I definitely see some improvement in performance. That thin little spring has gotta add at least a little internal resistance. The person I bought it from also put a hotspring on it, which pretty much just makes a better and less resistance connection to ground.

Hmm, I was wondering if the hot spring would fit the RSv2.

needtoknow

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
TN
Yeah, I definitely see some improvement in performance. That thin little spring has gotta add at least a little internal resistance. The person I bought it from also put a hotspring on it, which pretty much just makes a better and less resistance connection to ground.

not sure what a hot spring is, (on the bottom a assume) send pic if you can (I learn better seeing things) LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread