RoughStack Users Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dale1962

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Charlotte,NC
Rick I have the hg1210 charger as well and usally charge my 3.7v batts at 4.2v setting and my haoba lifepo4 3v at 3.6v setting when use them.Good charger can charge about anything on them.Probably should have charged them 3v uf on it at 3.6v setting but thought I use to charged them on the AG-126 4.2V charger but am wondering if overcharged them what do u think?Do u charge the uf 3v on the 4.2v setting or the 3.6v setting on your HG1210 W?

Last edited:

BubbaBlue

Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
Maryland
MV notes say:
"The 4.2 volt position is used for Ni-MH, Ni-CD or Li-ion charging while the 3.6 volt position is used for LiFePO4 charging." That's what I've been following. I use the 4.2v setting for both the 3.0 and 3.7v batts. Tried it once on the 3.6 setting and it gave an odd indication and I switched it to 4.2. Working fine since. Note the odd charged indication though. Green/red not green.

I need to qualify my response with the note that I'm a newb at mods. Was an Ego dude for a long time until Hoog introduced the Gripper. Evil man. I've spent some serious money since my first Gripper.

dale1962

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Charlotte,NC
Thanks for reply I am just overly paronoid about if overcharged this set of 3v batts by charging them on that 4.2v charger but like I said before I believe use to charge them all the time on them just can't remember.Probably should just toss them but I'm a tightwad:) and now u saying you've been charging them at 4.2v setting probably have nuthin to worry about.But they did come off charged at 4.2v but dropped quickly to 3.6v.

BubbaBlue

Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
Maryland
I take them off once the LED starts blinking green/red and they've never been over 3.8v. Normally 3.5-3.6v.

After reading the battery cautions on this site, I developed a healthy paranoia. I let all fresh charged batts sit for a few hours before using. If yours are coming off at 4.2v I would do the same. Sounds too high to me, but like I said, I'm a newb.

Omnipanzer

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Ohio
Random thoughts: I recently purchased a cheap VV mod and I love it. I wish They would make a VV top to go on my Roughstack. Either an add-on to go between my current cap and battery compartment or a whole new replacement top with the button on the side like with the Bolt. I still prefer the ruggedness of my Roughstack over the cheap VV I got.

Solanco

Feb 28, 2012
NE MD
I have had my RS for a year now. I have replaced the switch twice and got rid of the spring connector by replacing it with heavy gauge wire. Overall, I'm very happy with using the 18350 batteries and Bauway clearomizers at 3.0 ohms. Now if only Mad Vapes would get their act together and stop sending me 1.9 ohm carts when I ordered the 3.0 ohm ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread