rta's and juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtbsmiley

Jul 9, 2014
Jackson,TN,USA
so im thinking of buying my first RTA..ive never dripped before,and i dont really wanna go full drip cause its tedious plus you go though ALOT of juice.
So i was wondering,with an RTA..typically how much LESS juice will you go through,compared to going full dripper mode?

Need to note that if i do go RTA..i dont like sub ohm vapes,or high watts..i plan on sticking with a single coil (duel coil if i have to) build, 1.3 - 1.6 ohm resistance.
And i dont plan on going over 15ish watts..i dont like hot vapes..

So im just wondering if RTA's go though MORE juice than a standard NON rebuildable tank..but LESS juice than going full drip??

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hmmm...

This is a difficult question, since I only have my own gear to base it on. I may also be over-thinking it, since it's hard to compared amounts of juice vaped by different methods.

My dripper RDA is small, so I have to drip quite often, However, since I don't count the actual drops (or vape it exclusively) I'm not sure how much juice it goes through within a certain time period.

My favorite RTA holds 2.5ml, but it wouldn't go though more juice than a 2.5ml non-rebuildable tank, if the resistance and power level were the same. Do you follow me?

I suspect one may actually go through less juice when dripping, owing to the time it takes to drip, but maybe more if you run it hot.

Based solely on personal experience, I do go through juice faster with my RTA, but that's only because it tastes better to me than other tanks and I vape more.

A Kayfun style is probably the easiest RTA to start with. The deck is easy to build on, it's designed for a single coil (that's all I build) and there are size and color options. It's also relative inexpensive.

I haven't been much help, have I?

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
@The Ocelot +1 to Hmmm

:)

My guess is that we all will struggle with an answer given the questions which ARE warranted. Let me take a crack. I'm going to compare my own experiences with a dripper/RDA and a Kayfun.

I consume less juice with a dripper than my KayFuns because it's more work to drip. Even my drippers that hold 2+ ML of juice. So why due I consume more juice with my KayFun's?

- It's painless to vape. Easy peasy with over 4ML of juice in the tank
- It's a vacuum type of device which delivers juice to me in a far more efficient fashion than many drippers. So efficient, that it's not uncommon to have to lower your NIC when using a KayFun. Generally but not always, the juice tastes better in my KayFun than some of my drippers.
- I previously used ProTanks before I switched to KayFuns. It's a fine tank system for many folks but because of the above reasons, I prefer KayFuns. I consume significantly more juice with my KayFuns than I did with my ProTanks.
- Using KayFuns with a single coil: You should be fine at around 1.5 OHM +/- assuming your Mod can fire same at your desired power level (Watts or Volts)

Some additional thoughts from my experiences. Drippers have their place and I like them for quickly testing/tasting new juices (I DIY). Easy to dry burn for a new flavor. Easy to build on. Generally but not always less expensive than KayFuns.

Another factor to consider which is NOT delivery device specific is that during your vaping journey you may consume more juice as part of the journey. This sometimes happens because you discover flavors you REALLY love and can never get enough of. Other times, lowering your NIC level may lead to vaping more juice compared to the previous NIC level. EDIT: Please remember that juice consumption varies from vaper to vaper. One rule does not fit all. I chase flavor. When I started I was about 2.5 ML per day. Today it's around 5 ML. I don't chase clouds or go sub ohm. These folks may well consume 10ML to 20ML of juice per day. /end edit

I sure hope I haven't confused you and something in my post has helped you.

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread