Status
Not open for further replies.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
Chicago screws are a fastener system that uses a Philips screw and a female threaded flush retainer :) the flange is just wide enough to fit the compressible rubber standoffs
Looking at the pic it looks like you'd easily get another screw in between the one there and the side of the holster.

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Campbell River, BC, Canada
Has anyone used this type of holster, you can vape without removing it.
image.jpg

Not high tech but still a good looking holster for your Reo side arm!

runamok

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2014
Georgia
With many years of competitive shooting behind me; I recognize the mag holder origin to this design. The adjustable tension is good for moving around a lot without having your mod fall out. Mag holders from Safariland also had an angle adjustable option. I also had some that were basket weave pattered leather, stylish.

Reactions: ENAUD

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Check this out. It's like freakin mil-spec. A bad ayuss mod needs a bad ayuss holster and these are custom made for your REO :) I like it - a lot. :)

Very nice, reminds me of Survivor or Otterbox shell I put on my Ipad Mini.......except now i wish I hadn't because it makes my very slim little mini more like carrying around a thick small breadbox.

but at least I know it's protected. :lol:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Has anyone used this type of holster, you can vape without removing it.
View attachment 475176

Not high tech but still a good looking holster for your Reo side arm!
This one is made by Serenity Gear. It is a very well made holster. Top quality leather and the fit for the grand is perfect. I had one but never really used it much since my device was always in my hand so I sold it in the classies a while back. I noticed he has a few in stock right now and even has a few for the mini 2.1 as well as the 14500 model on clearance.

coffeebum

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
South Ga.
With many years of competitive shooting behind me; I recognize the mag holder origin to this design. The adjustable tension is good for moving around a lot without having your mod fall out. Mag holders from Safariland also had an angle adjustable option. I also had some that were basket weave pattered leather, stylish.
I have been doing kydex work for a while, started vaping in January this year (no cigs since) and figured to combine my hobbies.
It's .08 kydex, prob overkill for most people but it will hold up to some rough wear as EDC.

Looking at the pic it looks like you'd easily get another screw in between the one there and the side of the holster.
Nope, there is an angle there that is not showing up very well in the pics. I like the screws and posts to be as flat a possible on the plastic.

inch and a half wide and a quarter inch thick
The attachments will fit your gear. Everything is layed out for 1.5" belts, and 1/4" thick is no prob. Just tell me if you order one and I can include some longer screws and rubber standoffs for the tunnel, just to be sure it fits.

I Love this thing!
That's what I like to hear, and nice mod on the case!

is quite handy when I am out in the yard
Glad you like it bro, Hulamoon is cool.

This one is made by Serenity Gear. It is a very well made holster. Top quality leather and the fit for the grand is perfect. I had one but never really used it much since my device was always in my hand so I sold it in the classies a while back. I noticed he has a few in stock right now and even has a few for the mini 2.1 as well as the 14500 model on clearance.
Nothing wrong with some good leather work! I don't work with leather myself as I got too many "hobbies" as it is lol.
It is a great material for a case/holster/sheath whatever, and I don't knock it or the people who would rather use it.

runamok

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2014
Georgia
Coffeebum, I shot single stack or 2 1/2 years and only broke one mag holder, which I don't believe were as thick as your mod holder. So believe me when I say I'll be getting one of these in CF/ & lined soon and I'll be PMing you for a lanyard type for my Provape 1. I'll miss that little mod (Pro 1) cause I know I'll have to send it to for measurements. I will talk with you soon.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I think I commented earlier haha, but its great seeing the person that created these in here commenting. I saw him comment on Russ's video of it as well.

Maybe I wouldn't drop my Reo as much or my other mods if I had these haha. Seems I drop my mods once a day especially when getting out of the car :facepalm:

In the Army I never needed a holster for the year I was in, so I can't relate to how this would compare. I was always an issued an M4. Tankers used the pistols, cavalry scouts weren't trained with them.

coffeebum

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
South Ga.
T
I have only had my Reo G for a short time and I know I need something to carry it in. It feels a little heavy in my pants pocket so I have been looking seriously for a holster. If I get one without the felt upgrade will the holster scratch my mod?
With the REO'S I kinda doubt it. They have a quality finish and are tough. With the plastic it it not the material itself so much as grit that gets in there. Same thing with the felt, get on a beach on a windy day and you get sand in the case. Don't think it would be rougher than in the pocket with keys and coins and stuff.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I have only had my Reo G for a short time and I know I need something to carry it in. It feels a little heavy in my pants pocket so I have been looking seriously for a holster. If I get one without the felt upgrade will the holster scratch my mod?

I highly doubt it would scratch it Dan. The powder coat finishes on REOSmods are very durable. There are no sharp edges or screws that your mod will contact. They have not scratched mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread