Kydex Mod Holsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

coffeebum

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
South Ga.
I have been working with kydex for a few years, and vaping since Jan of this year. Since loosing a mod in a pond, and hearing horror stories of other people loosing mods, I decided to combine my two hobbies and come up with a different method of carrying a vape. With one of these I can have my hands free for work or play, without bulking up my pockets or setting my mod down for someone to swipe or break. There are cases for cigarettes and lighters, cellphones, flashlights and knives. Why not for us? Something durable and functional, and not a lanyard. I am around too much moving machinery for lanyards, and cannot stand something around my neck like that anyway.

Starting small, only three models available right now. iStick 50w, Vapor Shark rDNA 40 with Shark Skin, and the Vapor Flask
All have adjustable retention with the screws on the sides, and there are two different belt attachments available. Many colors and patterns are available. Kydex is .08 thickness except .093 in some of the black in this first batch. What that means is they are tough.
MbwOnfk.jpg

iStick 50w and it's home, this shows the size of the holster
ZpI2EL6.jpg

iStick 50w in holster front. Kydex ends just below the top so larger tanks/drippers will holster while attached
ZloSlOV.jpg

iStick 50w in holster belt side. This is the clip I use, more on that later.
c2hVN1r.jpg

iStick 50w button clearance. Mod will fit with the same clearance either way, will not fire or change settings on you while inside the kydex.
xLx6VF6.jpg

Showing right side carry, on the left the adjustable retention bushings will be forward
AXI6g1h.jpg

Finish on these things is really soft, and I abused the mod fitting and tweaking the holsters. Dropping it didn't help either. Yours will prob not get as bad as this, but it WILL be marked. Sand, dust, dirt and other particles will get trapped between the dex and the mod. Advise wrapping it if you freak out about holster wear. Wraps are cheap and will work just fine in the holster, in fact there is somebody on the forum here selling some nice ones.
2H5MRxE.jpg

This is more in keeping with normal wear, depending on environment and how tight you set the retention.
ODuvc9v.jpg

Front of iStick 50w holster. They all are cut pretty much the same. Screws on the side are adjustable retention.
VQFFH8a.jpg

iStick 50w clip options. Belt tunnel (on left) is the most secure and by far the most durable, but is not as easy to put on and take off. Clip (on right) is easier to use and pretty tough, but not as durable.
JSyoemu.jpg

iStick 50 inside holster. If you know about kydex holsters then this is what you want to see, is shows the methods of blocking and smoothness of the press. For the rest of ya'll it's pretty.
DPeuT9e.jpg

Vapor Shark rDNA 40 with Shark Skin. Yes this fits the rDNA 40w with the sleeve installed, it WILL NOT fit without the sleeve! Most people use the Shark Skin silicone sleeve to protect these things, and the holster is fitted to that.
8tej9WC.jpg

Vapor Shark rDNA 40 with Shark Skin clip options
0YVnKDe.jpg

Vapor Shark rDNA 40 inside holster. Like the iStick 50 holster, button clearance is the same either way you holster the mod. Will not fire or change settings while in the kydex.
7aAXGre.jpg

Vapor Flask DNA 40 mod. Should fit all versions of the authentic, will also fit the Infinity clone.

pTFtERJ.jpg

Vapor Flask clip options. Although the clip is easier to use and pretty tough, I highly recommend using the tunnel attachment for this mod. The Flask is heavy, and the clip may be a little light duty for the weight.
YeMKgpc.jpg

Vapor Flask inside holster. Button clearance works like the others, no firing or settings change while holstered.
VVgw6PC.jpg

Bottom of the holsters is open, you can push the mod up with a finger if you don't have an atty on there. There is a lip that holds the mod in place and keeps it from being forced through.
Pg5XNSW.jpg

Prices: $40.00 for the Black (or Neon Pink or Purple) which includes both the belt clip and the tunnel attachment.

Shipping: USPS first class is $3.00 and Priority I will do for $6.00 (US only, PM for shipping estimates to another country)

Payment will have to be through PayPal, or send a money order. PM for all that.

Yes the iStick holster is almost as much as the mod will cost. It will probably outlast the mod too, and if it saves your vape even once from a fall over the side of a boat it just payed for itself. Not to mention kept you from bumming a cig because you are nicking out on the fishing trip. The leather lanyards are pretty cheap, if you don't buy one of mine at least consider getting one of those.

I can do the faux carbon fiber, different colors, and different camos and prints. I can also make holsters for other mods, but may require the mod for fitting purposes. I can also do molle attachments or other types of belt attachments.

Last edited:

coffeebum

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
South Ga.

coffeebum

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
South Ga.
I had a request to make a holster for this tiny little mod. I wanted to make indexing easier for the user, so people can put the mod away either firing button forward or to the rear. It was a bit of a challenge to do this right, but I am pleased with the results. There is no tunnel option, you only get the clip, also the holster will not sit flat without modifying the clip.

iStick 30w in holster front, kydex ends just below the top so larger tanks/drippers will holster while attached

Np9nt5b.jpg

iStick 30w retention screw, Tighten to increase retention, loosen to decrease

RVgf53s.jpg

iStick 30w inside, mod fits either way

Ul7IumT.jpg

Holster will not sit flat, the belt clip extends past the bottom of the holster. You could modify the clip by trimming it to sit flush, that will make it just a little more difficult to remove it.

8Vmep8E.jpg

Mod is holstered firing button forward in right side carry, this shows button clearance

RWSOJyQ.jpg

iStick 30w clearance again, mod is holstered firing button to the rear in right side carry

xcuQBFF.jpg

Holster is pretty small

xBhoG5p.jpg

Clip is almost as big as the holster

a1AGaFB.jpg

Bottom of the holsters is open, you can push the mod up with a finger if you don't have an atty on there. There is a lip that holds the mod in place and keeps it from being forced through.

QmuK0km.jpg

Cost: $30.00 plus shipping in the US

1buda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I received a case for my Istick 30w a couple days ago. Very good workmanship, attention to detail, and pretty durable. I used it all day yesterday without any issues other than my Istick battery was dying. So I grab my backup zmax mini and low and behold it fits in the case with little adjustment. A little wiggle from side to side but it holds it firmly.

I'm pretty pleased with my cases!!

Thanks again!!

coffeebum

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
South Ga.
I received a case for my Istick 30w a couple days ago. Very good workmanship, attention to detail, and pretty durable. I used it all day yesterday without any issues other than my Istick battery was dying. So I grab my backup zmax mini and low and behold it fits in the case with little adjustment. A little wiggle from side to side but it holds it firmly.

I'm pretty pleased with my cases!!

Thanks again!!

You are welcome sir! Glad you were able to get double duty out of the case, that was just luck lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread