Griff's Leather Mod Holsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Here's a little project I did for fun, to commemorate the upcoming holiday; the "Iron Patriot" gripper sleeve for the ProVari. Hopefully, my red, white and blue "Wounded Warrior" Ming tips will be here in time to use them together during this week's festivities!

ironpatriot_ecf.png

I hope you all have a happy and safe 4th of July!

charmed412

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
constant state of confusion
Here's a little project I did for fun, to commemorate the upcoming holiday; the "Iron Patriot" gripper sleeve for the ProVari. Hopefully, my red, white and blue "Wounded Warrior" Ming tips will be here in time to use them together during this week's festivities!

ironpatriot_ecf.png

I hope you all have a happy and safe 4th of July!

I absolutely LOVE THAT!!!!!
and it looks just as great as the rest of your work. Between my fiance and I, I think we now have five holsters/sleeves. I bought a provari sleeve for a friend a month ago for a gift....umm think she has bought at least 6 since the I gave her that first one.

caffeinator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
WA, USA
Man, love this stuff, great work!

Some of my family used to do custom leather work as part of a Birkingstock biz, I'd "help" out sometimes. :D

Would there be anything available for the smaller size PV's? I have a SS E-Power 14650 that is starting to wear through the finish in areas and it'd look fantastic with a black sleeve.

I would think a lot of people with eGo size PV's would love something to snazzy it up...lotta Kgo's and Ego's flying off the shelves these days. Bonus would be since they are so small compared to the larger mods, it wouldn't take much material to create. ;)

Griffin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Man, love this stuff, great work!

Some of my family used to do custom leather work as part of a Birkingstock biz, I'd "help" out sometimes. :D

Would there be anything available for the smaller size PV's? I have a SS E-Power 14650 that is starting to wear through the finish in areas and it'd look fantastic with a black sleeve.

I would think a lot of people with eGo size PV's would love something to snazzy it up...lotta Kgo's and Ego's flying off the shelves these days. Bonus would be since they are so small compared to the larger mods, it wouldn't take much material to create. ;)

Not just yet but I did just receive a selection of Ego models and I am planning to try to work up some holsters and lanyards for them once I get caught up on some other projects.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
I know that you recently stated that you probably would not make a dragonskin or sleeve for the darwin anytime soon but I would like to say thatif you did I would be very interested. I would be willing to bet that I could get enoiugh people to buy holsters to cover the cost within a couple days. Just throwing that out there. Thanks
Josh

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
Wow Griff, that sleeve is gorgeous!!! So creative!! See, that's what I want, something original, that doesn't look like everything else, something that's just for me personally. And it's so wonderful that u have the ability to do that! :)

Another question, have u ever done a double sleeve? Like for 2 vmaxs side by side? Or a vmax and bolt, or lava tube? I always carry more than one mod (gotta have back ups, lol) ooo, I know, I wonder if maybe u could do it back to back? That would be cool too.

What do u think??

Griffin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Absolutely stunning products! Every thought of doing anything like this for the Egos or the slightly wider Vision Spinner? I really don't want anything swinging from my neck, but clipping it to my belt would be perfect!

I did pick up some Egos a couple of months ago, planning to work up holsters and lanyards for them, but just haven't had the time. They are still on my "to-do" list though!

Griffin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Recently got one of the Dragonhide sleeves. Really love it. What I want is one of those Iron Patriot's. How long a wait time would one of those be?

I probably won't make any more Iron Patriot sleeves since that one was just way too time-consuming. Sorry!

DirtyPaws

Sep 20, 2012
Minnesota, USA
I probably won't make any more Iron Patriot sleeves since that one was just way too time-consuming. Sorry!

How about that Skunk one - would you be willing to do that one again? I really like that one. http://www.serenitygear.com/images/gallery/skunk_thumb.jpg

Would you say, use a sleeve OR a holster - is it possible that a Provari (mini, if it matters) could use a sleeve and still fit in a holster?

Finally, as for Conchos - if I had a specific pin (Submarine warfare pin, from the Navy) would there be a way to use it or replicate one?

Thanks!

Griffin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
How about that Skunk one - would you be willing to do that one again? I really like that one. http://www.serenitygear.com/images/gallery/skunk_thumb.jpg

Would you say, use a sleeve OR a holster - is it possible that a Provari (mini, if it matters) could use a sleeve and still fit in a holster?

Finally, as for Conchos - if I had a specific pin (Submarine warfare pin, from the Navy) would there be a way to use it or replicate one?

Thanks!

A skunk style sleeve would probably be possible. I can make a holster that will fit the sleeved ProVari, though it will *only* fit the sleeved unit; it will be too wide to fit the unit without the sleeve.

I'm afraid that I don't know of any good way to permanently attach a pin to the leather, unless it happens to have a rivet or screw backing and is the correct length.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread