slower nicotine delivery with e cigarette?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw an article on CNBC where they talked with the CEO from V2 Andries Verleur and he stated that with electronic cigarettes the nicotine gets into your system slower. I was wondering if any of you had heard this before or have any knowledge that this is indeed the case. This may help explain why people who smoke nicotine e cigarettes often still feel far less urge to vape than the urge they used to have to smoke. See my blog unlearnaddiction.com if you are interested in this. I am going to make a post on this topic today. Any feedback would be appreciated

Dave_in_OK

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2013
San Antonio Texas
From http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/shoganinja/2998-vapers-handbook.html#comments[/URL] Q18

"The way that nicotine is absorbed with smoking vs. vaping is different. Smoking causes the nicotine to pass the blood-brain barrier almost instantly, while nicotine that is vaped is medical grade and it takes several minutes to have effect. Know this when you start vaping. It's all about keeping your nicotine levels at the right concentration in your blood, it's not an instant fix like a cigarette. Lastly, if the above advice doesn't work for you PLEASE reach out to the community. They are your last line of defense between you and the cigarettes. Use them to your advantage. They are here to support YOU in your quest to quit."

Hope this helps

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
My personal experience is consistent with that -- vape nic uptake kicks in slower than a cig. Also, with a cig you have other things going on, including carbon monoxide and MAOI found in cigs but not normal eliquids.

After a while you don't even think about it. We're talking maybe a couple minutes max, as the blog states.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread