Smok Alien battery percentage issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

inwerp

Apr 28, 2017
Hello everyone.
I bought this mod recently and suddenly realized that there is a slight issue with the percentage measuring on this mod. battery A meter always shows 3 percent lower than B, even if i rotate the batteries / charge them with an external charger to get the same exact voltage. it may not look like a big issue however it means that either battery A will always be overcharged a little bit or battery B will be always depleted a little bit further than A.
Had anyone experienced similar issues?

edit:
i wanted to mention that i did read this thread
Smok Alien battery percentage issue
but this thread does not go anywhere, so i decided to post a new one considering there should much more alien mod users now.

Last edited:

dyanaprajna

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2017
Indiana
Basically what's happening, is that the current goes from one battery, through the other, and into the atomizer. So one is always going to be discharging at a slightly faster rate (I can't remember off the top of my head whether it's the one closer to or further away from the atomizer). So when you go to put them on your charger, one will always read slightly different. This is also why, as much as you're able, to switch them occasionally, in other words, change the slot on the mod they were in.

inwerp

Apr 28, 2017
if i switch batteries, bat. A still shows 3 percent less charge, thats the whole point.
for example, if i charge batteries to A 97%, B 100%, then rotate the batteries, it will show the same A97% B 100% and will continue charging until it goes to 100/100.
but it means that battery B is now slightly overcharged because it already got its 100% in the B socket, then rotated to A and charged 3% more in A socket.
so it looks like Alien measures A socket voltage 3% lower than B and it seems to be a comon issue.
it also means that A battery will always discharge further than B.

pfaber11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
england
I charge mine via usb and it allways charges that way occasionally I'll swap the batteries round before I charge but i think it doesn't really matter. Got my Alien on the first of march and had to take it back a week later for replacement as the screen was faulty. Touch wood this one is ok. Anyway they all charge this way. Have a nice day.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello everyone.
I bought this mod recently and suddenly realized that there is a slight issue with the percentage measuring on this mod. battery A meter always shows 3 percent lower than B, even if i rotate the batteries / charge them with an external charger to get the same exact voltage. it may not look like a big issue however it means that either battery A will always be overcharged a little bit or battery B will be always depleted a little bit further than A.
edit:
but this thread does not go anywhere, so i decided to post a new one considering there should much more alien mod users now.
Welcome and glad you joined. Here's a little battery information.
Might like to read:
18650 Battery Buying Guide for Vapor Users – Wake and Vape Blog
(9) Battery Basics for Mods; the Ultimate Battery Guide | E-Cigarette Forum
Calculating battery current draw for a regulated mod | E-Cigarette Forum
Battery Safety: Will You Marry Me? - Mt Baker Vapor
Guide to Choosing a Battery Charger | E-Cigarette Forum

Alaria13

Jan 23, 2017
Hello everyone.

edit:
I have the same issue. A friend of mine is an electrical engineer and says that they don't drain both batteries at the same time and that's what I assume is the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread